Awkwardness at Castle Black

Ser Pip

14 hours ago, Nymeria's pack said:

Great potential not just for awkwardness but for real insights into these three characters e.g does the honourable Brienne really feel no qualms about killing an injured man, does Mel have any genuine remorse for the things she's done or did she just have a little crisis of confidence, and what is Davos about now. Throw a conversation about Shireen in there and it could be powerful stuff.  

A bit too complex and interesting to make it to the show I'm afraid. 

Yet it's exactly what happened onscreen. :smoking:

5 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Tormund eyefucking Brienne was hilarious.  Now that's a ship I can get behind, haha :D

That scene made up for episode 3, laughed so hard I almost choked on dinner. Loved him in the books, love him even more in the show. Who would've thought? Kristofer Hivju is a freakin' boss!!

Though, you know what this means. D&D are so going to kill him :bawl:

7 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Hallelujah D&D actually remembers things. Glad of them but Brienne basically said in a very triumphant way. Davos was obviously shocked and we'll find out about Shireen soon. One of the promo for the new season showed Davos infront of pyre where was Shireen burned. Mel has it coming.

Fair dues to you for coming back on the point. 

Davos of course knows more than anyone that Stannis was  guilty as charged. So could accept. We are definitely going to have a reckoning for Shireen as well. But many things could save the Red Woman's bacon yet, like the fall of Castle Black in Ep 10. 

16 minutes ago, Ingelheim said:

Davos is killing Mel. Bet on it.

I would like to believe that, but the show strongly hinted that Arya would run into her again, so she can't die yet imo.  Best case scenario, Davos convinces Jon to send Mel away.  I don't think that will happen though.  

5 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

I would like to believe that, but the show strongly hinted that Arya would run into her again, so she can't die yet imo.  Best case scenario, Davos convinces Jon to send Mel away.  I don't think that will happen though.  

Yeah, Mel flat out said, we will meet again. So maybe she is Arya's assignment, if she sticks around with the FM? Or they meet up if Arya hears about Sansa and Jon and takes off from the FM.

I loved Tormund this episode, he didn't have to say a word. Hmmm...bear and the maiden fair...Tormund had sex with a bear....

The Brienne/Davos/Mel interaction was awkward but the Jon Snow needing Sansa to motivate him to march on WF topped that. In an otherwise strong episode, I thought that narrative of Jon being coached/coaxed by Sansa was a bit over the top, lets hope the show has just buried that and moves on.

1 minute ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

The Brienne/Davos/Mel interaction was awkward but the Jon Snow needing Sansa to motivate him to march on WF topped that. In an otherwise strong episode, I thought that narrative of Jon being coached/coaxed by Sansa was a bit over the top, lets hope the show has just buried that and moves on.

I didn't see it as coached, Jon has just come back to life, has been fighting a long time and is weary. He also knows how strong Winterfell is and that he doesn't have an army. He has no right to ask the wildlings to go with him and do this. It's not until the letter arrives and Ramsey threatens to kill every wildling that they get involved in it. 

I don't think Arya has a strong reason to kill Melisandre, after all, she is the reason Jon is alive, her favourite sibling. She will meet Mel, but not to kill her.

In my opinion, Melisandre will sacrifice herself in the war against the WW.

21 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I didn't see it as coached, Jon has just come back to life, has been fighting a long time and is weary. He also knows how strong Winterfell is and that he doesn't have an army. He has no right to ask the wildlings to go with him and do this. It's not until the letter arrives and Ramsey threatens to kill every wildling that they get involved in it. 

Pretty much this. Also he has no proof that Ramsay truly have Rickon. It could be trap but Sansa was damn sure. With Willdings they owe him their lives so they would probably go with him either way and Jon/Tormund got that bromance going on.

Clearly Ramsay underestimates the wildlings, Roose would never had written the letter, reckless for Ramsay to act in such a way, he really thinks that it is impossible to lose this battle. 

Well, he forgets that Jon and Sansa know the surroundings very well, that LF will get involved and that the wildlings are led by a very good leader (Tormund). I guess he is very confident after he defeated Stannis, and having the Umbers and Karstarks on his side (or so he thinks).

22 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Pretty much this. Also he has no proof that Ramsay truly have Rickon. It could be trap but Sansa was damn sure. With Willdings they owe him their lives so they would probably go with him either way and Jon/Tormund got that bromance going on.

It doesn't really matter to Sansa's purposes if Ramsey has Rickon or not. If that's what gets Jon's ass up and moving then that's what she needs him to believe.

Wonder if Davos will be so quick to say 'it's in the past' when he - eventually - finds out about Shireen...

Didn't really like Brienne's way of announcing it but at least it was addressed, not completely forgotten about. It makes me think (hope) they've got a great scene coming when we do get to Shireen.

And echoing nearly every other poster: Tormund and Brienne (Edd too), loved it!  This is actually I think one of the things GOT is good at, the little comic moments where they really use the talents of the great cast (and don't feel obliged to write in a stupid joke). 

18 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Clearly Ramsay underestimates the wildlings, Roose would never had written the letter, reckless for Ramsay to act in such a way, he really thinks that it is impossible to lose this battle. 

Well, he forgets that Jon and Sansa know the surroundings very well, that LF will get involved and that the wildlings are led by a very good leader (Tormund). I guess he is very confident after he defeated Stannis, and having the Umbers and Karstarks on his side (or so he thinks).

Well, he has SmallJon to remind him, lol.

Archived