Lord Robin, come and see

I really didn't like the "come and see" attempt at a meme in the letter. Its like D&D are trying to be cool or something.

Maybe he did write it. That would be an improvement and it would make much more sense than Ramsay provoking Jon when he could summon the House of Twenty Goomen and take Castle Black in a second.

10 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

There's no way Littlefinger would know about Rickon.

Littlefinger could be in on,or even the source of, the GNC (if that's in fact happening). It's not like the dude does't have a record of scheming and plotting. Hell, all of the events of GoT are pretty much his doing since he's the one who convinced Lysa to poison Jon Arryn.

Wow this really sounds like a fun and well-thought hunch to a hidden scheme. I think you may be onto something. Plus, like Tyrion's knife used to assassinate Bran, or poisoning John Arryn or Jeoffrey, it sounds exactly like the kind of things Petyr does: put one character against the other and wekend both for his final aim: the throne.

If littlefinger has a spy in Winterfell, then it would make perfect sense for him to have the Boltons and the last remnant of a Stark male heir to kill off each other before he marches north with an unscathed Vale army to claim what no-one has the strenght to claim anymore.

That would actually work very well as a story, and on top, i can see his plan eventually frustrated by the Vale Knights fleeing in terror or being slaughtered and turned to wights by the Others!

If the pink letter really turns out to be littlefinger's doing, it would be epic.

2 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

Littlefinger could be in on,or even the source of, the GNC (if that's in fact happening). It's not like the dude does't have a record of scheming and plotting. Hell, all of the events of GoT are pretty much his doing since he's the one who convinced Lysa to poison Jon Arryn.

I'd hate to think that LF was behind the GNC. The heart and meaningfulness and power of the GNC is the fact that it's the Northern families behind it. 

My idea is that it would be absolutely in character if LF were not behind the GNC, but behind the pink letter.

Regarding the rider, i'm sure a wealthy schemer can easily get a sufficiently well forged Bolton banner sewed without too much ado.

LF had another strange line in that dialogue. It’s time for the Vale to join the fray. Or was it Frey? I wonder if he found out about Fat Walda and told Walder Frey about it. The guy would want revenge, and LF could promise him more power. Maybe a marriage between on of his sons and Sansa? Sweekrobin and a female Frey? Or even a marriage between Walder Frey and Sansa? At tihis point, I’m amazed to realize just how little such a thing could surprise me after the Ramsay-Sansa marriage.

3 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

LF had another strange line in that dialogue. It’s time for the Vale to join the fray. Or was it Frey? I wonder if he found out about Fat Walda and told Walder Frey about it. The guy would want revenge, and LF could promise him more power. Maybe a marriage between on of his sons and Sansa? Sweekrobin and a female Frey? Or even a marriage between Walder Frey and Sansa? At tihis point, I’m amazed to realize just how little such a thing could surprise me after the Ramsay-Sansa marriage.

Walder Frey and Sansa. That just made my stomach turn :ack:

7 minutes ago, RadSam said:

Walder Frey and Sansa. That just made my stomach turn :ack:

Worse than Sansa and Ramsay Bolton?

Spoiler

There is a wedding at the end of the season, and Walder Frey will be part of those scenes. And there are some leaked pictures of Brienne in the Riverlands. What if she's not alone? And we also have an actor troupe from Braavos for entertainment, so a version of  Sansa will be there, even if played by someone else :) 

Archived