(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

7 minutes ago, The Boastful Knight said:

Understatement of the century. You know, thinking individuals often tend to see themselves as better than the plebs and that makes them arrogant, so I try to avoid thinking like that, try to see things from other people's perspectives. But in D&D's case, sometimes I can't help but feel like the only sane man around, despite the fact that everyone keeps praising them for their writing. Not only that, they're giving awards to them for it. To them! What an atrocity. All the while GRRM lost a Hugo back then. I think what happened is that in the earlier seasons, D&D mostly stuck to the books with small and medium changes here and there. They screwed up plenty of times, but the plot made somewhat of a sense.and GRRM's writing was so strong it even shone through the layers of D&D's incompetence. Hell, I even liked the show in the first four seasons. Now that the majority of writing is theirs only, they still keep getting praised for it, because at this point, who would dare criticize the show which has acquired cirtical acclaim worldwide? Mostly no one, that's who.

The writing pre-season 4 was only good because GRRM was holding their hands. Now that he's not helping them anymore, they've shown their extreme incompetence.

Also for the people that don't know: one of them wrote the screenplay for XMen Origins: Wolverine, which is the worst XMen movie ever made. They're responsible for fucking up Deadpool in that movie. They don't know how to write adaptions.

20 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

The writing pre-season 4 was only good because GRRM was holding their hands. Now that he's not helping them anymore, they've shown their extreme incompetence.

Also for the people that don't know: one of them wrote the screenplay for XMen Origins: Wolverine, which is the worst XMen movie ever made. They're responsible for fucking up Deadpool in that movie. They don't know how to write adaptions.

Exactly. Although, the Deadpool fuckup may have been due to executive meddling because at first the suits didn't want to make the new movie either, or so I read. It went through a crazy development hell and it is a miracle that it was made the way it was made. It paid off of course, and now they've already greenlit the sequel, but studio heads are rarely risk takers. But not counting Deadpool, it still was a shit movie, so your point still stands :) .

1 minute ago, The Boastful Knight said:

Exactly. Although, the Deadpool fuckup may have been due to executive meddling because at first the suits didn't want to make the new movie either, or so I read. It went through a crazy development hell and it is a miracle that it was made the way it was made. It paid off of course, and now they've already greenlit the sequel, but studio heads are rarely risk takers. But not counting Deadpool, it still was a shit movie, so your point still stands :) .

Okay they might not have been responsible for messing up Deadpool, but the script was still horrible. Lol. I wonder if George checked out their resume before letting them do the show.

Hello everyone, I'm so confused by the final scene of this episode, I can't decide whether I like it or not and I need help.

This is what I understood of sequential events:

- From inside the vision, Bran wargs into Old Hodor (his eyes flash white)

- As Old Hodor, Bran controls him to take the sleigh outside the cave

- From the vision, Bran wargs into Young Hodor (his eyes flash white)

- Young Hodor has a seizure and Old Hodor holds the door

These are my questions:

- Was Bran warging Old Hodor or Young Hodor during the door scene? 

- Why did Bran warg into Young Hodor at all? Shouldnt he just stay warged in Old Hodor to keep the door shut rather than placing a memory 30 odd years earlier?

- Did Young Hodor experience his own death as Old Hodor?

Bonus question:

- Did anyone else think of "The Ring" when the Night's King grabbed Bran in the vision? =P

Kingsmoot was going well until Euron showed up. I dont know why anyone would follow him. He had no charisma, no crew and no real exploits (like the Dragon horn in the books) to show of. Now he is going to build 1000 ships from scratch before he is going to Dany.. good luck with that.

Did we really need that dick scene in Bravos? Who cares about the warts - I don't know maybe it plays an important role in the grand scheme of things?

No explanation given as to the origins of 3EC. Who was he? how did he end up in the north? And we dont have anyone left to explain it to us (3EC is smoke, CotF are extinct.) unless Benjen shows up.

Sansa/Jon planning scenes did not sound good. How could she say no to LF while they are in dire need of men. Maybe to make the battle more even? and for LF to appear with the whole strength of Vale when the Starks are about to lose?

5 minutes ago, athmystikal said:

Kingsmoot was going well until Euron showed up. I dont know why anyone would follow him. He had no charisma, no crew and no real exploits (like the Dragon horn in the books) to show of. Now he is going to build 1000 ships from scratch before he is going to Dany.. good luck with that.

Did we really need that dick scene in Bravos? Who cares about the warts - I don't know maybe it plays an important role in the grand scheme of things?

No explanation given as to the origins of 3EC. Who was he? how did he end up in the north? And we dont have anyone left to explain it to us (3EC is smoke, CotF are extinct.) unless Benjen shows up.

Sansa/Jon planning scenes did not sound good. How could she say no to LF while they are in dire need of men. Maybe to make the battle more even? and for LF to appear with the whole strength of Vale when the Starks are about to lose?

LOL. 

I think the warts give some insight as to how to go about defeating the Others. And Arya will break from the FM so that she can take that information to Jon. 

13 minutes ago, athmystikal said:

Haha!! This!

Euron was so lame. He has no crew, no ships, no anything at all. Just relying on everyone accepting him (it's obvious kinslaying is nothing at all now).

Chop down ALL the trees!!! (then we get the cotf complaining about their trees being cut...) 

Euron was a character MADE for the TV show, Mads Mikkelson was MADE for Euron!! 

5 minutes ago, WinterPool Stark said:

Haha!! This!

Euron was so lame. He has no crew, no ships, no anything at all. Just relying on everyone accepting him (it's obvious kinslaying is nothing at all now).

Chop down ALL the trees!!! (then we get the cotf complaining about their trees being cut...) 

Euron was a character MADE for the TV show, Mads Mikkelson was MADE for Euron!! 

Not true. He has the ultimate weapon, the most important possession of any real man. He has ... a big cock!

Emmy winning writing mateeial!

17 minutes ago, athmystikal said:

I feel just as frustrated. You would think that one of the first things that Bran asks is how the 3EC ended up in that cave in the first place. There's been some interesting theories that the 3EC (who is a Targaryen) actually may have inadvertently influenced the mad spiral of King Aerys II. Maybe Bran will have some vision of this later on?

3 minutes ago, lalunadelmar said:

I feel just as frustrated. You would think that one of the first things that Bran asks is how the 3EC ended up in that cave in the first place. There's been some interesting theories that the 3EC (who is a Targaryen) actually may have inadvertently influenced the mad spiral of King Aerys II. Maybe Bran will have some vision of this later on?

3EC is thousand years old in the show, so he can't be bloodraven the Targaryen. I believe that they cut that part entirely. Or maybe it's just another continuity error to add into the mix.

8 minutes ago, Valetudo said:

Not true. He has the ultimate weapon, the most important possession of any real man. He has ... a big cock!

Emmy winning writing mateeial!

Oh, God, cocks are hilarious!  Total comedy gold.  Give them another award, damnit.  

28 minutes ago, athmystikal said:

Good stuff, I posted similar points on the season Six Rant thread, and it's not only the 3 eyed crow who apparently had no real powers except to creepily watch the Stark siblings if Neds Generation grow up and also his strategy seemed Tobe to just hide in cave and reminisce about the good old days. He literally lived in the past  but I am also underwhelmed about what we learnt about the Nights King!!Why Was he able to sense Bran, and was he sensing Bran in the present or  in the past, for instance a week ago giving him time to travel to Brans cave. Also why, why is he concerned about a crippled boy that can view the past, and how could the Nights King sense where the cave was now but was blind to it for the thousand years that Bloodraven or whoever had hid in it. 

1 hour ago, SeventhReign said:

Don't forget Troy.

Archived