NHL 2016 - The Kids Are Alright

Jabronius Maximus

And I thought putting another hockey team into the dessert was the bad idea about the NHL in Las Vegas.

How long is this Edmonton early good form going to last? I thought they would have started going on a losing spree by now. I know it's still quite early in the season.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

This thread is so dead. :(

Hell of a game between the Devils and your Preds @Mark Antony. Probably the most exciting Devs game I've watched all season. Other than Cammalleri's OT winner Hall's goal he batted out of the air was my favorite part. :P

Always enjoyed Hall and wanted the Preds to make a move for him last season. 

Was a fun game to watch despite blowing a three goal lead! I'll be at the game vs the Flyers tmmrw really hope we get 2 pts from this one.

7 hours ago, Nictarion said:

This thread is so dead. :(

Hell of a game between the Devils and your Preds @Mark Antony. Probably the most exciting Devs game I've watched all season. Other than Cammalleri's OT winner Hall's goal he batted out of the air was my favorite part. :P

I think I'm back, in entertainment at least.

So relevant comment: Sharks seem to be climbing back into form at last.

Pens and Sens are lighting the lamps tonight, 6-5 with about 8 minutes left. Crosby has another goal and is really looking like he's back to top form. And I love the fact that the Pens have gone back to the black and gold/white and gold unis from the 80s-early 90s.

E: Make it 7-5.

Just saw the Taylor Hall hit and I don't think there's anything dirty about it.  He didn't lunge or leave the ice. The Canucks player merely had his head down and never saw the hit coming.  Gotta keep your dome up.  Sometimes I think people want to look at the result of what happened and automatically assume that the hit was dirty.  The refs got it right in not calling a penalty, just hope that the league stays the course and doesn't dish out any punishment/fine to Hall.

Hope the 'Nucks player makes a full recovery.

3 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Just saw the Taylor Hall hit and I don't think there's anything dirty about it.  He didn't lunge or leave the ice. The Canucks player merely had his head down and never saw the hit coming.  Gotta keep your dome up.  Sometimes I think people want to look at the result of what happened and automatically assume that the hit was dirty.  The refs got it right in not calling a penalty, just hope that the league stays the course and doesn't dish out any punishment/fine to Hall.

Hope the 'Nucks player makes a full recovery.

Yeah, it was clean all the way. Scary hit though. Reminded me of vintage Scott Stevens. 

Otoh, the refs totally missed a call on the play Travis Zajac got pushed from behind face first into the boards. Another really scary play. That play really pissed me off, and then to add salt in the wound the Devils got an instigator for sticking up for their teammate, and then Hynes was given a unsportsmanlike penalty for going off behind the bench. Total bs.

Carey Price is officially a POS. Used his blocker to punch Kyle Palmieri 4 times while he was laying on the ice defenseless after being pushed into Price by one of the Habs D. He should have been ejected. He deserves a couple games suspension for using his blocker, but considering his star power I won't be suprised if he gets off scot-free. 

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't posted in this thread in awhile since the Devils have been hot garbage on ice until the last few games. The new year has been much better so far though. Hope it continues. 

The Jackets won 16 in a row? Fucking crazy. Too bad the douche coaching them couldn't get team USA to show up like that at the last World Cup.

And speaking of international competition, congrats to team USA on winning the World Juniors. I didn't get to watch the game, but it sounds like it was a good one.

On 06/01/2017 at 8:17 AM, Nictarion said:

And speaking of international competition, congrats to team USA on winning the World Juniors. I didn't get to watch the game, but it sounds like it was a good one.

Jeez it's been ages since I've been to this thread lol. Despite the result, it was a phenomenal game. One of the best I've ever seen. I say despite the result, because (aside from me being Canadian), it was kind of a bummer seeing such a titanic battle decided in a shootout rather than continuing the OT, but that's the nature of IIHF I guess. 

5 hours ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

Jeez it's been ages since I've been to this thread lol. Despite the result, it was a phenomenal game. One of the best I've ever seen. I say despite the result, because (aside from me being Canadian), it was kind of a bummer seeing such a titanic battle decided in a shootout rather than continuing the OT, but that's the nature of IIHF I guess. 

Seriously, fuck shootouts. 

Congrats on having a professional hockey team in Edmonton again btw. :P

17 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Seriously, fuck shootouts. 

Congrats on having a professional hockey team in Edmonton again btw. :P

Hah thanks. It's odd, going into each game I know they'll at least compete for the win. Haven't had that feeling in a long time. Although I still wish Hall were here (Larsson is a steady, consistent dman though). 

• 2 weeks later...

With the All-Star game in a couple of days week and a half, here are my thoughts for awards if the season ended today...

Hart: McDavid, Crosby, Dubnyk (Kane)

Calder: Matthews, Laine, Werenski

Selke: Bergeron or Kesler?

Jack Adams: Boudreau, Tortorella, Trotz (Carlyle?)

Norris: Burns, Karlsson, Weber (Keith)

Vezina: Dubnyk, Bobrovsky, Rask (Holtby, Price)

Fucking shame Burns has been nothing short of brilliant of late. Really wanted Weber to get a Norris. Maybe still will cause media loves a good story and he is in a big hockey market now. 

That Pitt/Wsh game was nuts last night. 

Preds injuries lately have been fucking terrible. Hard to believe we have won three straight. Really need Subban and Josi back. Y'all keep your ears open for the name Jusse Saros, kid is a stud. 

Archived