Bran's Visions Breakdown/Discussion

I don't buy that it was Bran that made the mad king go mad. I think it's pretty well established that he didn't like that Tywin was considered the real king (A+J=T theory), and that Varys had him paranoid against even Rhaegar, plus his torture at Duskendale had a lot to do with it.

would buy that BR had been whispering to him the whole time though but for a different reason than I've seen discussed here. I think he may have started doing it because he would've hated the Targaryan line favoring the Blackfyre line and being a notoriously mischievous person, may have originally done it just to be a bastard (no pun intended). However, I think that if we are to accept that BR became a good person or at least valued the existence of the "realm" over his own self-interests, then maybe when he learned the truth of the WWs, he went back to Aerys and tried to warn him (if we buy that Aerys placed the wildfire there to protect from WWs and not to spite Robert). 

Or I would buy that the WWs are part of some ploy BR has to come back and attack the throne/Dany and that he put all of this into motion to set that up because he is a notoriously devious bastard (again, no pun intended).

But I don't buy that Bran had anything to do with it. Simply because when he affected Wyllis, he was standing there, looking at him, tried to do it and did. Unlike these visions where everything is flying through him at once. No, I think he had no control over what he was seeing and therefore could not impact anything at this point. I think he is being shown both past and present doom in a manner which directly relates to the survival of the Starks, which is why he is shown the Stark deaths over and over again. Could that be good news for Arya, Sansa and Rickon, and Jon? Hopefully!

3 hours ago, Iona said:

Hmm, I can't help thinking that if that really is Lyanna in the bloody hand shot, then she appears to be really tanned for a northern girl.

Hmm.  Freema Agyeman was seen at the ToJ filming, but was supposedly there on a freebie with her boyfriend, the chap who acted Arthur Dayne. 

On 5/30/2016 at 3:14 PM, Juggzy said:

It means that T + J = J + C not T.

Think about it.  In which family does madness lie?  Aegar was mad, Joffrey was mad and it looks like Cersei is about to go quite, quite mad. 

Then we have that hint in the books where one of the Lannister aunts says that Tyrion is Tywin's true son, not Jaime. 

Finally, someone who think like me.

On 5/30/2016 at 6:54 AM, Ludo Kressh said:

Watching it again and pausing at that point, it looks like Robb's hand and Talisa's body and then they show Robb's stabbing right afterwards. I'm pretty sure it's Talisa's blood. Although the juxtaposition of 'Where's my sister?" right before could be a form of foreshadowing, using this scene as a way to show us what to expect in the ToJ through the flashback of Robb and Talisa's deaths?

That might be it. Because the person who is lying, with smaller hands - looks to be a woman. Her body has a HUGE gash on it and thats were the blood came from. Did you see that?! 

I hope its Talisa, because if its Lyanna that doesn't look like a "difficulties giving birth" with that gash.

But the man's hand (bloody hand) has hand protectors /part of armor on it made of leather and light blue coverings. Robb did NOT have armor on at Red Wedding and wore black 

I think he has to know what happened, and the visions of Aerys are not necessarily related to Bran's doing something to him, just understanding what happened years ago.

We coud take into consideration that this is the very first time Bran sees Jaime, a character he doesn't remember because his unconsncious blocked him. More than interesting.

On 5/30/2016 at 10:04 PM, nickdt said:

That it was Bran who caused his Madness, by shouting to him BURN THEM ALL! Like it is said, that was all he was saying for a time... similair to Hodor. 

I dont think so...

Areys II descended in to paranoid schizophrenia long before the sacking of kingslanding. He started burning people to get thrills and believed that if all of the city burnt he would not be harmed "un-burnt" and that he would emerge a dragon. Thats what he was ordering.. hes dooms day end game.

23 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Right at the end between shots of Hardhome, there's a curious one of a bunch of wildlings looking at an ice mountain with a topless white walker on horseback and a human holding an axe - what's that about?

That was the final shot of season 2.

5 hours ago, Jasta11 said:

Albeit the prominence of Drogon might also mean that the Wildfire is activated when Dany attacks KL with Drogon and unwittingly causes the city's destruction by completing her father's work.

I've long thought Cersei would burn down King's Landing (or the Red Keep at least), but I love this idea! A very sadly poetic way for King's Landing to fall and Dany to fail in taking the throne.

On 5/30/2016 at 6:54 AM, Ludo Kressh said:

Watching it again and pausing at that point, it looks like Robb's hand and Talisa's body and then they show Robb's stabbing right afterwards. I'm pretty sure it's Talisa's blood. 

It's definitely not Talisa. Neither arms in the flashback match what Robb and Talisa were wearing at the Red Wedding. Plus, the lighting and coloring are very different.

Seems pretty sure that it's Lyanna and Ned, but that huge wound doesn't fit at all. How would Lyanna have gotten slashed like that? 

14 hours ago, Clariana said:

I think wildfyre will only be important in defeating the WW because it will burn down KL (Cersei will be responsible, she's a fire starter), only when KL is obliterated will human minds concentrate on the real threat beyond the wall. When Dany gets to KL, as in her vision, it will already be a pile of ashes and she'll realise the folly of seeking to claim the throne in those circumstances.

This is a really nice theory.  Even with the destruction of the city it might hold more optimism than I'm usually able to give the story, but I like it. 

18 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Male? I can totally see those being the famous last words of Daenerys!

Yes, a darker voice. I'm thinking it could be implying that maybe it was bloodraven who influenced him. Or maybe even the night's king as posters in this thread have suggested. 

13 hours ago, imaginepageant said:

It's definitely not Talisa. Neither arms in the flashback match what Robb and Talisa were wearing at the Red Wedding. Plus, the lighting and coloring are very different.

Seems pretty sure that it's Lyanna and Ned, but that huge wound doesn't fit at all. How would Lyanna have gotten slashed like that? 

here's what I think:

what if Rhaegar was trying to create Lightbringer the sword of Azor Ahai, to become AA and be the legendary hero who is prophesied to fight the Great Other? Because it sure looks a bit like burned flesh there. Maybe the baby is already born and being held in someone's arms there...someone like Hodor who many believe is there, or maybe there IS no baby!

On 5/30/2016 at 11:14 AM, Juggzy said:

It means that T + J = J + C not T.

Think about it.  In which family does madness lie?  Aegar was mad, Joffrey was mad and it looks like Cersei is about to go quite, quite mad. 

Then we have that hint in the books where one of the Lannister aunts says that Tyrion is Tywin's true son, not Jaime. 

That'd be an interesting twist although I still think it's more likely that A + J = T when you look at the evidence 

Cersei and Jamie and all their kids have the lannister trademark golden locks instead of the Targaryen silver, Tyrion has some silver in his hair

Also Jamie and cersei have Lannister eyes, Tyrion has one Targaryen 

Tyrion has the Dragon dreams and the way with the Dragons when he meets them

Aegar was mad where as Joffery and cersei are just sly and cruel.............a bit like Tywin 

On 5/30/2016 at 4:28 AM, dantares83 said:

i wonder what is the significance of showing Aerys...

Because Jamie will have to kill Cersei the same way to prevent her from burning down KL but this time he will fail and KL will burn.

8 hours ago, GhostNymeria said:

I just noticed something when watching the scene again. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jh6ecoEhl8

Listen closely at 1:14. It's another voice sayng "burn the all" just before Aerys screams it again. Is it Bloodraven or someone else? It's hard to tell.

I heard that too and listened to it several times, it almost sounded like Bran but I couldn't be sure.

OMG..this whole thread is descending into madness.

I was on the book part of the forum for a long time and stopped going there because every time a person had a random thought they decided it was a theory and used made up "facts" to support their bat shit crazy theory.

This forum, being so fresh because of the weekly show is quickly surpassing the book forum in random made up facts and just flat out ridiculous theories and statements!!!

Oh well, at least we aren't waiting for years and years for the next show to come out to "discuss" these theories, we get them quickly.  

11 hours ago, Nymeria-of-Royne said:

here's what I think:

what if Rhaegar was trying to create Lightbringer the sword of Azor Ahai, to become AA and be the legendary hero who is prophesied to fight the Great Other? Because it sure looks a bit like burned flesh there. Maybe the baby is already born and being held in someone's arms there...someone like Hodor who many believe is there, or maybe there IS no baby!

It would have to be a show-only thing, and they really haven't gone into the legend of Azor Ahai at all, so that doesn't make sense. And the timeline of the books doesn't line up - Rhaegar died on the Trident awhile before Lyanna died at the TOJ, and it's highly unlikely that she would've lived so long after being stabbed.

10 hours ago, imaginepageant said:
21 hours ago, Nymeria-of-Royne said:

here's what I think:

As dbunting says ..... 

18 hours ago, dbunting said:

OMG..this whole thread is descending into madness.

I was on the book part of the forum for a long time and stopped going there because every time a person had a random thought they decided it was a theory and used made up "facts" to support their bat shit crazy theory.

This forum, being so fresh because of the weekly show is quickly surpassing the book forum in random made up facts and just flat out ridiculous theories and statements!!!

Oh well, at least we aren't waiting for years and years for the next show to come out to "discuss" these theories, we get them quickly.  

So glad you said this I was about to say something similar lol .

Archived