Bran's Visions Breakdown/Discussion

10 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

That didn't look like stock Season One footage though - Jaime looked more recent, and the wildfire preparation scenes seemed to look more like stuff we can expect rather than stuff already shot. For example, compare that to some of the season 1 scenes we got (Bran falling, Ned beheading). 

Who knows - you could be right, but I would imagine that we are getting the Mad King flashback at some point this season. 

I read it was a different actor in the pilot, so this would then be a fresh scene.

1 hour ago, Clariana said:

Because had that King paid any attention to what was happening beyond the wall the White Walkers could have been stopped before they even started?

Why not reach Rickard Stark then? Or Rhaegar(post TOJ vision)? People he knows could be trusted, people he knows weren't mad? I can see the 3ER reaching to Aerys but not Bran, doesn't make sense. 

I believe the wildfire parts to be either this:
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Wildfire_plot
or this:
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Tower_of_the_Hand#A_Feast_for_Crows

Cersei decides to burn the tower. When Jaime asks her if she means to burn the tower she tells him that she will after Tommen’s wedding feast. Cersei tells Jaime that their father was murdered in the Tower of the Hand and she cannot bear to look at it.

After Tommen Baratheon and Margaery Tyrell’s wedding feast, Dowager Queen Cersei Lannister leads the guests outside to watch as the pyromancers set the Tower of the Hand on fire. Fifty pots of wildfire placed inside the tower along with logs and casks of pitch are set alight. The Tower of the Hand is ruined.

or both, or a weird bastardized mix of them.

I do not remember now - did Cersei burn the tower in the show too, or only in the books? My google fu is weak today.

1 hour ago, Clariana said:

I think wildfyre will only be important in defeating the WW because it will burn down KL (Cersei will be responsible, she's a fire starter), only when KL is obliterated will human minds concentrate on the real threat beyond the wall. When Dany gets to KL, as in her vision, it will already be a pile of ashes and she'll realise the folly of seeking to claim the throne in those circumstances.

Thats something i havent tought of. Nice ! 

7 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Also why does Jaime have short hair in the flashback of him stabbing Aerys?  

Throne room is also decorated how Joffrey had it done.  He had the fire pits around the pillars.  Robert had the ironwork that looked like vines/flowers.  We don't know how Aerys had it, but chances are slim Joff copied it exactly having never been alive to see it.

37 minutes ago, Philpenn said:

Throne room is also decorated how Joffrey had it done.  He had the fire pits around the pillars.  Robert had the ironwork that looked like vines/flowers.  We don't know how Aerys had it, but chances are slim Joff copied it exactly having never been alive to see it.

They forgot the dragon skulls too.

9 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Ok I'm glad someone else is talking about this.  I'm almost positive that is a Stark arm.  Brown leather and green cloth, Stark colors.  And I believe it's Ned's over Lyanna's body.  What else could it be?  I thought maybe Robb over Talisa, but as another poster pointed out in another thread they would just show Robb and not be so vague.  

Robb was also wearing black clothes when he died, so it cant be him.  (He also wasnt wearing armor to a wedding... i mean who does that... yes i am looking at you Roose!)

2 hours ago, The Imp slap said:

Why not reach Rickard Stark then? Or Rhaegar(post TOJ vision)? People he knows could be trusted, people he knows weren't mad? I can see the 3ER reaching to Aerys but not Bran, doesn't make sense. 

Because the Lord of Winterfell doesn't have the resources... It requires mobilisation from the whole of Westros....

Your point about it being 3ER rather than Bran is good though... Perhaps there is a time paradox and no seer can influence anyone existing before they were born. Perhaps Aerys was 3ER's mistake...

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:08 AM, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

BOLD PREDICTION

The wildfire explosions are vision of the future. Kingslanding will burn to the ground with a big wildfire explosion in the tunnels bellow Kingslanding.

Thats it guys. Let me know what your thoughts are.

This is a common theory, that I also believe in. It mostly revolves around Cersei going insane after Tommen dies and she destroys KL just before Dany arrives.

The flashback is a way to remind viewers that KL has tons of wildfire under it and why Jaime did what he did to the mad king.

I know everyone expects Jon and/or Dany to save everyone from the threat of the Night King and the Others in the end, but wouldn't it be a cool twist if it was Jaime who puts the final nail in their coffin?

That everything led up to HIM being the one to burn KL down while the NK and the Others are inside? They could play it like a cross between what they did with Hodor and the movie Signs, where "Burn Them All" is playing in Jaime's head over and over again in a musical montage, and his final, finest act finally IS something worthy to be added to his page of the book of the Kings guard. How cool would that be, to have the Night King and his posse in the Red Keep, thinking they have beaten Jon, Dany and Tyrion and their dragons, ready to sit the Iron Throne, and Jaime struts in the room, monologues a bit and then burns them all with an order or knocking some wildfire over to start the blaze.

The threat will be fought in different ways in the final 13 episodes, and I can see a few false finishes before the end. Jaime could be one of them or the real one.

5 hours ago, Philpenn said:

I think the books made mention of Joffrey returning the throne room to the way it was in Aerys' reign.  It's not like Joff did the decorating himself, so he never needed to see it himself. He just needs someone around who remembered it, and plenty of people fit that bill. 

As for Jamie's hair, it was longer at the start of the series; we have no idea how long it was 14 years before that when he killed Aerys.

12 minutes ago, No One of Importance said:

But Bran already did that with Hodor.

4 hours ago, Clariana said:

Because the Lord of Winterfell doesn't have the resources... It requires mobilisation from the whole of Westros....

Your point about it being 3ER rather than Bran is good though... Perhaps there is a time paradox and no seer can influence anyone existing before they were born. Perhaps Aerys was 3ER's mistake...

Aye, the Lord of Winterfell may not have the resources (Wildfire for instance) but if I were Bran I'd talk to Rickard and let him convince the king (and have the family ready in any case). 

I agree that Bran did it before his birth but I just think it's more logical for the 3ER to go to Aerys than it is for Bran. 

I think the prominence of Jaime, Aerys and Wildfire in that sequence is to foreshadow a certain someone deciding to burn down KL with a certain cache of Wildfire left behind.

Albeit the prominence of Drogon might also mean that the Wildfire is activated when Dany attacks KL with Drogon and unwittingly causes the city's destruction by completing her father's work.

8 hours ago, Clariana said:

I think wildfyre will only be important in defeating the WW because it will burn down KL (Cersei will be responsible, she's a fire starter), only when KL is obliterated will human minds concentrate on the real threat beyond the wall. When Dany gets to KL, as in her vision, it will already be a pile of ashes and she'll realise the folly of seeking to claim the throne in those circumstances.

exactly

2 minutes ago, No One of Importance said:

If the show's Three Eyed Raven were actually Bloodraven, I'd agree. As it is...

Dayum, well spotted... I completely forgot they had made him 1000y old. He sort of looks like a targ bastard though, but one can only speculate. 

Archived