Does Yara have the Dragon horn?

I believe at this point that Yara's storyline was merged with Victarion's storyline.  She's now headed to Mereen to ask Dany to make a stop off at the Pyke and pay Uncle Euron a visit while he's still looking for some trees for those 1,000 ships.

But why would Dany care unless she has something to entice Dany?  So does Yara have the horn and will we see it used (next seasons(s)?  Will Theon be the blood price?

Doubt it. I think they scrapped all the horns on the TV show.

I think their plan to entice Dany is just "Hey, we got some ships. Wanna ride?"

I was also wondering if Yara is going to replace Quentin, that Dany will reject her, and in her fury Yara will try to steal a dragon and end up roasted. Theon might face the same fate if she convinces him to help her in her dragon-napping.

Yara is going to make the following deal with Dany:

"Help me get back the iron islands, and I pledge you all the ships you need."

And thus the first alliance between Dany and a Westerosi house will form.

Dany's invasion of the Iron Islands with part of her army and her dragon will serve as a warm up rehearsal for her full invasion of Westeros. 

They haven't given the horns a proper introduction in the show so I think at this point it's too little too late. Without the other horns (the one from Fist of the First Men, Mance's Horn, Dragonbinder), the mysterious identity of the real Horn of Winter is also made obsolete. 

I think that instead of a dragon horn, the show would go with the unexplained telepathic bond as seen with Dany and Drogon. The other dragon riders would have to earn the trust of their dragons manually. 

There has been no mention of the horn at all so why would Yara have it and how would she even know what it was since it was never shown? Her appeal to Dany is the fleet and a Westerosi family who I don't think was involved in the Targs losing to Robert. Tyrion and Varys may tell her that the Iron Born are just a scourge of raiders and bandits, but they are basically the same as the Dothraki except not as good at it and they don't take slaves.

Nooo. There will be no stupid horn. Thank god for that. That dragon binder horn (and the horn of jorahmun and all the bloody horns) was such a bullshit. 

And I think Euron will be the one to take Quentyn's place and get roasted. 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 6:38 PM, Battle Kitten said:

I believe at this point that Yara's storyline was merged with Victarion's storyline.  She's now headed to Mereen to ask Dany to make a stop off at the Pyke and pay Uncle Euron a visit while he's still looking for some trees for those 1,000 ships.

But why would Dany care unless she has something to entice Dany?  So does Yara have the horn and will we see it used (next seasons(s)?  Will Theon be the blood price?

She doesn't have a horn (or at least has not mentioned it), but she is counting on Daenerys taking a liking to her booty. Perhaps that will be enticement enough :)

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:10 PM, JonisHenryTudor said:

I don't think she does. I don't think the horns have been properly introduced in the show. In fact, I think they may be attempting to simplify the entire Mereen garbage with Yara arriving and offering her ships to Dany for something in return. 

Unfortunately there won't be anything exotic. She is already in slavers bay (as per the captain Arya was trying to book a cabin with), so most likely she will arrive in the nick of time and defeat the slaver ships attacking Mereen. That will convince Daenerys that she is an ally, and with the combined ships (hers and the slavers) she will transport Dany's army to Westeros in exchange for a promise to help her win her throne back.

I image the season will end with Daenerys landing on the shores of Westeros, striding through the waves like McArthur.

On 6/7/2016 at 9:38 PM, Battle Kitten said:

....This is the TV Show.  There is no dragon horn nor is there any intricate plot going on.

42 minutes ago, Regular John Umber said:

Boilerplate response to any question about the show, really.

The whole Arya plot reveal from last nights episode is a shining example that people should not expect anything from the Writers.  Before last night, everyone was speculating that Arya had a blood bag, or it was really Jaqan with Aryas face, or The Waif was actually really all in Aryas mind ala-Fight Club.  People came up with all these intricate and deep theories on how Arya survives...

....And it turned out, it really *was* Arya that got stabbed and she somehow survived a multiple gut-stabbing from a trained assassin.  Nothing crazy, no double swerves or twists...it was just exactly how we saw it happen on screen.  And I think we can all agree that it made zero sense and was utterly ridiculous.

The show writers and D&D are incapable of creating compelling, twists and storylines.  All they can create is "oh shit!" moments, but are completely incapable of backing them up with any sort of substance.

1 hour ago, SevasTra82 said:

The whole Arya plot reveal from last nights episode is a shining example that people should not expect anything from the Writers.  Before last night, everyone was speculating that Arya had a blood bag, or it was really Jaqan with Aryas face, or The Waif was actually really all in Aryas mind ala-Fight Club.  People came up with all these intricate and deep theories on how Arya survives...

....And it turned out, it really *was* Arya that got stabbed and she somehow survived a multiple gut-stabbing from a trained assassin.  Nothing crazy, no double swerves or twists...it was just exactly how we saw it happen on screen.  And I think we can all agree that it made zero sense and was utterly ridiculous.

The show writers and D&D are incapable of creating compelling, twists and storylines.  All they can create is "oh shit!" moments, but are completely incapable of backing them up with any sort of substance.

Yes, thank you!!! It made zero sense and on top of that, she kept getting the sh*t beaten out of her during the training then suddenly, she manages to kill the Waif in the dark... Worst. Episode.

4 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

And I never bought any of that crap. I am thankful that is all proved to be false. After the hidden prince finding, now everyone wants everything to be not as it seems. So much that soon KL is really just winterfell and the real IT is in the north......

2 hours ago, Lady Lyanna Mormont said:

Yes, thank you!!! It made zero sense and on top of that, she kept getting the sh*t beaten out of her during the training then suddenly, she manages to kill the Waif in the dark... Worst. Episode.

Not really. Waif was using a staff. Arya was trained with a sword. Two different types of weapons and two completely different fighting styles. Arya is comfortable with Needle, which also has a symbolic purpose as well. So when Arya fights Waif on her terms, the battle changes. In terms of symbolism, the use of needle for success suggests that Arya was never meant to be a FM, but regain her position as Arya Stark of Winterfell. 

7 hours ago, tugela said:

Unfortunately there won't be anything exotic. She is already in slavers bay (as per the captain Arya was trying to book a cabin with), so most likely she will arrive in the nick of time and defeat the slaver ships attacking Mereen. That will convince Daenerys that she is an ally, and with the combined ships (hers and the slavers) she will transport Dany's army to Westeros in exchange for a promise to help her win her throne back.

That is what I think as well. 

Archived