[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

3 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

To be honest and nice.

The High Sparrow wanting Cersei to be found guilty of incest and throwing Tommens kingship into contention would be exactly what he'd want.

With no clear heir the people could likely turn to him as the guidance and eventual ruler.

Well, what happens if Tommen is dethroned?  Anarchy, violence, etc.  PERHAPS he thinks he can take control at that point, but when he saw the Tyrell army last week, knows of the Lannister strength, that would be a bad move, especially when he is so well suited politically as he is.

2 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

Well, what happens if Tommen is dethroned?  Anarchy, violence, etc.  PERHAPS he thinks he can take control at that point, but when he saw the Tyrell army last week, knows of the Lannister strength, that would be a bad move, especially when he is so well suited politically as he is.

Hey I'm not saying it made sense- just seeing where the logic is heading.

D&D really went out of their way to trolltease LSH for us.

Season 3 finale - Mhysa

Season 4 finale - the Children

Season 5 finale: Mother's Mercy

Season 6 - Let's troll them with the Brotherhood, multiple Catelyn name referentions, AND sending Brienne to Jaimes location only to send her back again, having served no purpose. Don't expect to see Lord Manderly folks.

Just like last year, Brienne might as well be cut from the season/show. She's added absolutely nothing.

What's next with D&D? Sansa kills Little Ex Fingeria after saving the day next week?  

Also is there ANYONE in the world that actually likes the cocks, tits and pussyjokes? I don't even think D&D like them. But they add them just because they can't think of anything better when they pump out their five-minute scripts. Atleast Bryan Cogman still tries...

11 minutes ago, Kingly said:

In the 'Inside the Episode', Benioff is talking about Tommen being smart by taking away Cersei's chances through eliminating trial by combat. So apparently Cersei losing and being found guilty of incest is in Tommens interests... Keeping up with their own logic and established universe isn't one of their strong points lol

Haha, they ARE idiots.

15 minutes ago, Kingly said:

In the 'Inside the Episode', Benioff is talking about Tommen being smart by taking away Cersei's chances through eliminating trial by combat. So apparently Cersei losing and being found guilty of incest is in Tommens interests... Keeping up with their own logic and established universe isn't one of their strong points lol

Oh, it was not the High Sparrow who manipulated Tommen to do this?

Well then, there goes the one thing I liked about the episode.

Regarding Tommy thinking it's a good idea, perhaps none of his advisors has told him the rumors of Mommy & Daddy are true. So, it's plausible he doesn't know the risk. On the other hand the small council et al should have known better and let him know that even if it's not true she could still be found guilty and he'd be SoL.

8 minutes ago, Booknerd2 said:

Don't forget the Busbey Berkeley choreography rolls where I think she she hit every fruit basket on the way down.

Gad to see I was not reaching when the Terminator resemblance hit me too tonight. It made the atmosphere/time period become off.

The wounds opening again and how dirty water infiltrating the deep slash/stab wounds, that were bad enough on their own, that somehow Matrixed their way to bypass even nicking vital organs, get healed after bed rest, milk of the poppy, and soup. Maybe the Hound is onto something with the magic of chicken, if that's the kind of soup?

I can only suspend belief so far...

But to be honest, Arya's exit with Needle was awesome. That was a gift, a bone thrown. I doubt it is that cool and cut and dry in the books. I just enjoyed it as a fist pump second.

Yeah, it's gotten to the point where I don't even try to pretend any of this makes sense. And just enjoy a moment or two. This time around I did enjoy a couple of bones, Arya and Sandor.

30 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

It's as if the people writing this show have forgotten some key plot details. "My mom's up for trial for incest and if she's proved guilty then I'll be deposed? Hm, I guess we SHOULD get rid of trial by combat, the only fair chance she has at winning this rigged trial."

I can't remember, was Cersei accused of incest by the Faith, or for post-Robert adultery, in the show?  

2 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I can't remember, was Cersei accused of incest by the Faith, or for post-Robert adultery, in the show?  

It was more implied in the show that she had other crimes to stand trial for and the incest has been pretty wide spread.

17 minutes ago, StuSeaworth said:

Was the lannister/frey army not aware the river runs through the castle? They didnt have a single soldier south of the castle on the river to see Brienne leaving? 

No. No one cares. They have a castle, they are happy and pacified.

What I fear now: D&D somehow remember the third book, ASOS (not that they've ever read it themselves), where Brienne climbs up a cliff and throws down a big rock and thus sinks the river galley Robin Ryger uses to pursue her and Jaime.

And that Dumb&DUmber somehow use that scene in the show NOW in case any Freys/Lannisters are following Brienne later on.:angry2:

6 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

BTW, why was Mereen suddenly under attack?  Didn't Tyrion reach an agreement with the slavers? What? Why? Who?

The Slavers saw how weak the situation @ Mereen was and took advantage of no Dragons et al.  Not that big of a leap.  More of an issue that V&T didn't have spies in place to alert them of this.

The thing that I find most upsetting is the amount of devotion and love the fans of the books/show demonstrate; each week analysing and scrutinising the show and coming up with theories about what happened and where it will lead. Even a slight suggestion of something will lead to excitement and hype, and countless discussions of what a certain event, line or even look, means. 

A lot of these theories actually make sense and would add to the entertainment of the show if they were to play out. But no, the show has become WYSIWYG, the most mundane answer is usually the correct one, no hint of subtlety or intrigue, no suspense or surprise, just... crap. Oh and someone gets stabbed, I bet you didn't see that one coming!

Probably my biggest frustration with this episode is just how this episode seemingly wraps so many plotlines in unsatisfying fashion.

(1) Brienne went to Riverrun... for what? Nothing happened. 
(2) Brienne met with Jaime, talked with him, and then left... Nothing happened.
(3) We got introduced to Sandor's new friends. They get killed. He kills the killers. Great. Now what?
(4) The seige of Riverrun ends... for what? How does this advance the plot?
(5) Arya leaves Braavos.... so what? Why did she ever need to go to Braavos narratively if this was all the story had to offer?

This episode seemed to make almost the entire first seven episodes of this season completely pointless, and in Arya's case, it made her activities the last two seasons pointless.

And... my goodness, the dialogue this episode was horrendous. Sandor: "What are your last words?" Nameless bad guy: "C*nt"

Who writes this mess? Juveniles?

Archived