[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

1 minute ago, TheWatcherofWatchers said:

If they make another Terminator movie, the girl who played the Waif would be the perfect person to play T-1000.

The funny thing is the actress was talented, she had screen presence, carried herself well, probably would have handled decent material well

10 minutes ago, Booknerd2 said:

There is something about the actor. I'm giving him credit for taking the campy almost caricature dialogue and raging scenes lately and saving them. The deadpan-playing it down-and low key expressions are reining it in. But I did laugh myself silly, because his funny lines are all in the delivery, and he does it well. And there is that soft spot for chicken while on his buddy road trip with Arya.

Yeah, some of the actors manage to save the bad dialogue, and he's one of them.

And the puttering around on foot, no wonder he's browsing for shoes. He needs Stranger Clegane back. People who only watch the show won't miss it. We know how heavily characterized and symbolic he is in the book. Big loss to me.

Trying not to think about that one. I'm just pretending whatever black horse he ends up riding is Stranger.

Thought I have to say, his wise-cracking and the more subdued at times demeanor, is going to compliment the Sansa she is today on the show. The dialogue scenes are going to be a riot.

Yeah, they seem to be setting this up. A two of a kind sort of thing.

15 minutes ago, TimeforTravel said:

That frustrates me as well. The Arya theories were pretty good. Instead D&D go for:

-Main character fights extra.
-Extra almost wins
-Another Main character does a backstab.

This happened like three times already this season.

These D&D tricks keep repeating. Remember in the first episode where some Nights Watch soldier foolishly shot an Arrow in WunWun after which he brutally kills him? That happened again today, with the Mountain. Not to mention the repeating kinslaying, awkward room/diner conversations etc, etc.

Yes, this was annoying to watch because they're using redundant closures probably to save time and budget.

From the scene with the HS and Jaime threatening each other, I was in the mindset that the Faith Militant were like the Unsullied with no fear of death. Well turns out the HS seems wrong about the dedication of his minions.

So in this formula D&D has for their action scenes the next episode will have the entire Vale backstab Boltons just as they surround Jon & co.

Or perhaps Wun Wun will brutally kill one Bolton and the Boltons will just surrender... like a Tully would.

1 minute ago, SerMixalot said:

The funny thing is the actress was talented, she had screen presence, carried herself well, probably would have handled decent material well

Not too sure about that. She was supposed to be no-one, yet had a grudge towards Arya. It could be that D&D wrote in the script that she had to have a grudge towards her, but maybe it's the actress misinterpre-

Ah forgot what I said, who am I kidding. It's D&D's fault once again.

2 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

I think casting is strongest part of show, so much great actors with shitty storylines

1 minute ago, TimeforTravel said:

Not too sure about that. She was supposed to be no-one, yet had a grudge towards Arya. It could be that D&D wrote in the script that she had to have a grudge towards her, but maybe it's the actress misinterpre-

Ah forgot what I said, who am I kidding. It's D&D's fault once again.

Yeah, they were pretty clear she didn't like Arya b/c Arya is highborn and that's unusual if not unique for FM.

14 minutes ago, TimeforTravel said:

I wonder what Theon and Yara could still add... They'll probably just be henchmen in Daenerys' army because D&D don't know what to do with these characters otherwise. 

I don't put it past D&D to have Theo/Yara arrive with 1000 ships only to have Dany turn them away and be like "yo I got my 1000 ships from the Masters, thanks though"

Just now, tmug said:

I don't put it past D&D to have Theo/Yara arrive with 1000 ships only to have Dany turn them away and be like "yo I got my 1000 ships from the Masters, thanks though"

I'm kinda thinking the Dragons are going to light those ships up in episode 10.

Love that the episode got back on book track: War in Meereen, Catapulting infants, Brotherhood actually being the Brotherhood (though no SH).  Not a perfect episode but we thought that we were ahead of the books when really they were just putting filler in before finishing Feast and Dance and released TWOW chapters.  

Oh, I hated the way they made it seem like Cersei was just like Catelyn. Just two good moms. Will they ever stop whitewashing Cersei? She just smirked while an evil zombie ripped off a guy's face.

If they would make up their minds, and stick to something, anything...

Just now, tmug said:

It will probably be something like that, yeah.

"I don't need your ships, I already got them handed to me."

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, I hated the way they made it seem like Cersei was just like Catelyn. Just two good moms. Will they ever stop whitewashing Cersei? She just smirked while an evil zombie ripped off a guy's face.

so are you saying C = LSH?

Let the hype begin!

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, I hated the way they made it seem like Cersei was just like Catelyn. Just two good moms. Will they ever stop whitewashing Cersei? Make it stop...

I was actually feeling bad for Carol tonight

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Haven't you heard? D&D merged the Cersei and Lady Stoneheart characters. I quote: "Creatively it feels like a good idea"

1 hour ago, SerMixalot said:

"Tommen may be a weak king but he is not an idiot"

Cersei is on trial for incest with Jaime while she was married to Robert

If found guilty she will be killed as will Tommen

You wrote this Benioff YOU DID

She's not on trial for sleeping with Jaime.

3 hours ago, Marada78 said:

Shitty episode and the Arya part is the worse. Doesn't make sense at all. Second would be the riverrun part. And Meereen was shitty as ever. When I was watching the part with the "Jokes" I wanted to just fast forward. KL saved the episode this time and normally that is the worse parte of the show. And what else...well nothing else....ah ok the Hound...hmm well I don't know what to think.

Hey, I did fast forward the Mereen stuff once he started telling the joke, but I have HBO Now, and it can't handle fast forwarding apparently. I think it took longer trying to fast forward than actually watching those two minutes. Terrible app for a terrible show.

Archived