[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

2 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

I was always pissed at people moaning on this thread and nitpicking every scene, even if that scene was good. 

But now they have every right to criticize, the Arya plot in this episode and the last was truly awful, bad writing. We all thought that wasn't Arya because it was too over the top to have her receiving that ammount of damage and be able to kill the Waif. Why they wrote the last episode in that way ? Why they made Arya suffer those injuries and make it so graphic ? I simply can't understand.

Welcome to the dark side?

I haven't seen Station Agent, so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt for that. Tyrion has become a very bland character, however - a caricature of himself. As hateful and self loathing as he became in the books, at least it was still character progression, without becoming a caricature - and you would think, if Dinklage really is an actor worth his salt, that playing a dwarf that has issues with being a dwarf and is trying to reconcile his own shortcomings (oops) and hatred of dwarfism and rejection of dwarf intimacy (via penny) would be a much more meaty acting challenge to embrace.

14 minutes ago, Aemon Targaryen said:

So this is when I join the haters.  It was the show that got me into GoT, so I was always wanting to give it the benefit of the doubt.

But the show hasn't just jumped the shark, it's done a Free Willy into pure bullshit.

No way George treats one of his favourite characters (Arya) with such contempt.

My thoughts exactly. This was excrement masquerading as a television show script.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

When Jaime gets back to KL and finds she's burned the place down, will he still be hopelessly devoted to her? When will the madness end?

What happened to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5oRxgphRc

I still fervently wish for SOMEONE, anyone really, telling Larry the Jaime imposter about Cersei's infidelity before something drastic (like Kings Landing burning, Tommen being killed because of Cersei's stupidity or something) happens.... but I don't suppose the leftover Tullys or the greedy Freys know or care about Cersei's punishment walk and the reasons therefor, right?!?!

All my hopes are pinned on BRONN telling him the truth - he knows she shagged Lancel - and mayhaps Bronn (unlike show-Jaime) heard some of the Kings Landing gossip knowing about the charges the High Sparrow brought against Cersei.

2 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Because they are bad writers who can't write good drama. So they rely on cheap melodrama. 

Yup. The show's formula is now just gratuitous nudity, gratuitous violence, and a bunch of swear words all thrown together to make up incoherent plots.

48 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

At first I thought that Jaime's character regression was the worst part of the episode (seriously, they are DETERMINED to keep him in his season 1 personality [and what the hell is up with Edmure?]) but then we got to the end with Arya. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

Since when are assassins just running through the streets after their victims? What happened to being discreet? What happened to being sneaky and not drawing attention to yourself?

Why is the Waif so goddamn emotional? Shouldn't she be "No One?" yet she has a huge beef with Arya for some reason.

How the fuck was Arya able to kill The Waif? She was wounded and has never been able to beat her before.

Why did Jaqen let Arya leave?

HOW THE FUCK DID  ARYA SURVIVE HER WOUNDS LONG ENOUGH TO GET TO THE ACTRESS? AND AGAIN, HOW IN ALL OF THE SEVEN HELLS WAS SHE ABLE TO KILL THE WAIF WHILE WOUNDED?

That was seriously the most stupid scene in the entire show. Not the worst, not the most offensive, but definitely the dumbest. What in the entire fuck.

Also, special shout out to the Brotherhood Without Banners, who were brought back to the show even though Stoneheart wasn't. They even hang people without her. Fuck D&D. Seriously.

True that. All of it.

I don't even dare to read some show defender and D&D friendly forums and websites (like "watchers on the wall" and crap).

Oh, how they will praise that everything was EPIC, awesome and fantastic....and they will just wet their pants after watching that "stunning Arya chase and fight".... although you don't even GET TO SEE the actual fight between Arya & the Waif in the end.

Just now, LulaMae Barnes said:

True that. All of it.

I don't even dare to read some show defender and D&D friendly forums and websites (like "watchers on the wall" and crap).

Oh, how they will praise that everything was EPIC, awesome and fantastic....and they will just wet their pants after watching that "stunning Arya chase and fight".... although you don't even GET TO SEE the actual fight between Arya & the Waif in the end.

They didn't show it because they knew that there's no way in hell that Arya would have beaten her. And show apologists are blind.

1 hour ago, ummester said:

No he isn't. Tell me anything other than Game of Thrones seasons 1-4 that Dinklage has had notable screen presence in.

He is an amazing actor. The range of expressions he has is second to no one. The lack of notable screen presence is because Hollywood does not do good dwarf characters except as humorous elements. 

51 minutes ago, Nami said:

Prepare yourselves for the next episode when we're going to get the amazing Kit Harrington's expressionless face attempting to act as a leader but not convincing anyone even in the trailer

good lord

Since Sansa seems to be the "bad ass boss bitch in the north" knowing everything better than Jon & Davos - hardly ever listening to her experienced elders, the episode "Battle of the Bastards" should probably be called "Mr.&Mrs.Bolton fight" instead, because she seems to be leading the troops anyway and Jon Snow becomes somewhat dispensable - so he doesn't need to be the convincing one and can be as deadpan as he pleases.

BY THE WAY : the show keeps bleating "Winter is coming!" and "The North remembers!" since Ned was killed - and nothing really happens. No real northern revenge, STILL no winter. Urgh!

This episode is a torture to watch.

They've made Jaime into a complete asshole. So according to showJaime burning cities to ash is okay if it is done for love. I can't believe he killed a king he swore to protect because he tried to burn the city. Maybe asshole showJaime did it because he wanted his father to win.

The waif is the worst assassin ever. No the FM are the worst assassins ever. How the hell such a poor not-so-subtle assassin like the waif is allowed to wear a face. So Arya became no-one now? Why? All she has done now is got beaten by the waif with a stick, failed at the mission she was given and escaped from them. Maybe her superpowers of not getting killed impressed him. This storyline doesn't makes sense at all and maybe as pointless as Dorne.

50 minutes ago, Aemon Targaryen said:

Dinklage is ham.

No one who has seen Dinklage in the scene where Oberyn volunteers for him can deny what an amazing actor he is. Without a word, with just his face and eyes he conveys pain, sorry, despair and hope. He has the greatest range of any actor on GOT. People talk about Dance and Dillane but they were very limited in range on the show as compared to Dinklage, partly because of limitations of their characters of course

1 minute ago, khal drogon said:

They've made Jaime into a complete asshole. So according to showJaime burning cities to ash is okay if it is done for love. I can't believe he killed a king he swore to protect because he tried to burn the city. Maybe asshole showJaime did it because he wanted his father to win.

The thing with Jamie was interesting - I agree that the show dialogue didn't quite hit the mark but I think I understood what they were going for.

Basically, Jamie was saying we all fight for what we believe in, which has no meaning beyond what it means to ourselves (there is no right an wrong in it), and my belief is stronger than yours so I'll fight harder. The dialogue was just a bit clunky. I almost respected Jamie for it but the words got in the way :D

Just now, khal drogon said:

This episode is a torture to watch.

The waif is the worst assassin ever. No the FM are the worst assassins ever. How the hell such a poor not-so-subtle assassin like the waif is allowed to wear a face. So Arya became no-one now? Why? All she has done now is got beaten by the waif with a stick, failed at the mission she was given and escaped from them. Maybe her superpowers of not getting killed impressed him. This storyline doesn't makes sense at all and maybe as pointless as Dorne.

I thought DORNE was the worst - basically as bad as it can get....but I was mistaken.

They "dorne'd" Pyke & the Greyjoys, they "dorne'd" the North and the lords living there, they "dorne'd" Riverrun & its siege and now they even managed to "dorne" the Braavos story line....

And don't even get me started on Meereen & KellyC - because the hell I know what is supposed to be happening there (besides gossip hour with Tyrion and his foster children).

I gave up on Jaime - he will never be the book character ever again, which is a shame.

5 hours ago, Marada78 said:

Shitty episode and the Arya part is the worse. Doesn't make sense at all. Second would be the riverrun part. And Meereen was shitty as ever. When I was watching the part with the "Jokes" I wanted to just fast forward. KL saved the episode this time and normally that is the worse parte of the show. And what else...well nothing else....ah ok the Hound...hmm well I don't know what to think.

Agreed.

What an utter disappointment.  A waste of time watching this filler episode.  I still don't get why the Tully's just gave up.  Because Edmure said so?  To get his son back?  What a pile of crap.

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

The Larry and Edmure scene... All I could think was...

I hate Larry. I hate Larry. I hate Larry.

(On the other hand, Tobias Menzies was amazing in that scene.)

Menzies is good but NCW would also be good if you'd give him a proper script to act.

Not always the same old tune : Cersei is the best. I'll kill everyone who doesn't think the same....I love Cersei...blablabla....I'll will kill for Cersei....Lannisters rule, everyone else is mean.....

Mostly I think : WHO IS THIS Jaime imposter? (but yeah, also a lot of :I hate Larry!)

I want Larry gone, I want Jaime back (though he was less Grumpy-Cat-ish in this episode).

One thing which annoys me somewhat is the inclusion and subsequent obliteration of side characters from ASOIAF. 

Like Lem for example. Not a major character by any means. So why include him if you're just going to destroy the character? Unsullied wouldn't know or care who he was from the books. So why not make a completely new character to fill that role instead of needlessly shoe-horning him in and changing his character.

Is this improving the story? Is it supposed to make book readers happy to see their beloved characters brought to the screen? Then why change the characters and eliminate what readers may like about them in the first place? It doesn't make any sense!!!

At this stage it's as if they're actively trying to piss people off...

Archived