[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

1 hour ago, Kingly said:

Props to many of the actors as well as the crew behind the scenes who have created some visually stunning sets, costumes, etc. But all the craft and CGI dragons cannot make up for an incoherent story, and sadly for all the hard work behind the scenes, at this point it's like putting lipstick on a pig.

I really like what you have to say here. The storyline is a hot hot mess, but the production value continues to amaze me. The costumes, the sets the special effects..... I sometimes don't give enough credit to the hard work that goes into these areas. I want to recognize that I respect the people who work in these areas and try to do their best... especially the actors who are getting stcuk with horrible dialogue and awful story arcs. Didn't the guy who played Stannis say that after he was killed he didn't really understand what was the point of the whole character? If the guy playing THE GUY doesn't understand the point, you've got some serious issues, lol. 

13 minutes ago, Daenerys_Is_Coming said:

Barry is my all time favorite character in the books. What they did to showBarry was embarrassing, but I held out hope that it would all have some sort of bigger purpose..... and it didn't. I think that will be my motto while watching GOT from now, "Expect nothing, receive less." 

Indeed. I hops if a fan sees him at a con they convince him to read Barristan's Battle of Fire Speech from TWoW

Otherwise it's just a big sloppy mess of random occurrences with no link between them.

Good posting. And that sentence really brings it to the very point. Nothing I see in this show for 2 seasons, is more than exactly that. We could add more and more to that list, taking the last 18 episodes, or maybe 28 if you take season 4 as well. 

It doesn't feel right. One of the most awkward moments was when the Faith took Marge. I can understand little, underwhelming and weak Tommen, who might need a minute or two to gather himself and mumble something like "Uhm... wait a second...that is my wife.....! Or ... I mean... don't give me that angry look... please...?" But the kingsguard just standing there? Can you imagine someone like Barristan in such a moment? The KG would have reacted without any order.

How many rulers/kings have been slayed by now? Everytime that happens and then noone reacts to that or the killers are even rewarded I hear Book-Jaime shouting from afar "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!". When Euron got elected king because he killed the old one, I swear, I head a "FUCK YOU!" from the distance.

So many great chances. Arya had an interesting plot, Jon Snow was dead, Dany had an army and returned with dragons, and a million things more and they failed everywhere. Someone here wrote some interesting lines. Something like "Oh, look, wine. Oh, look, boats. Oh, look, war. Oh, look, Dany." And that's a perfect summary. It's not interesting. It's like they don't know how to write a scene.

Nonsense to talk more about it. It's every plot, it's everywhere. Bad scripts, bad directing, no sense, no substance, no feeling for anything. But at least we got some dicks to see. ... ... ...

As much as I like Peter Dinklage and the Tyrion character and understand that D&D want airtime for Tyrion, the writing for his character has been awful this season.  He's spent several episodes trying to get Grey Worm and Missandei to drink and tell stories.  What is the end game? We already saw they had some level of a bond.  Tyrion's small talk surely could have been spent in better ways and in other places.  Also, why release the remaining two dragons and keep them in the crypt?  Dany could have just as easily arrived in this episode with a final shot of her releasing the remaining dragons with the siege in Mereen commencing.  Would have been a sign of rising to the occasion against a large threat and left us looking forward to the resolution of the siege. 

I really do generally like what D&D have done overall, but agree with a lot of folks who feel the show has faltered with writing, especially over the last two episodes.  I'm not a huge battle scene fan as much of it is shots of confusion in the field, but I bet it will be pretty good.  But, it sure does feel that D&D got caught unprepared to deal with the breadth of the cast and have resorted to "remember me? Whoops, now I'm dead." 

Also, what's the deal with commentors before the episode has finished?  Maybe we need a thread for live comments during the broadcast. Have to skip eight pages in just to get to folks who have watched the whole show. 

What no Jon, forget this episode.

Brienne wants help for the sake of Sansa being the lady of winterfell.

They take command from Edmure a prisoner and not from Blackfish. This episode was a joke.

There was a thread north is more boring than dorne.

I think without showing the north (where Jon Sansa Davos Ramsey....is) every episode is boring.

1 hour ago, twilight said:

How many rulers/kings have been slayed by now? Everytime that happens and then noone reacts to that or the killers are even rewarded I hear Book-Jaime shouting from afar "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!". When Euron got elected king because he killed the old one, I swear, I head a "FUCK YOU!" from the distance.

Its odd that the kingslayer topic never came up in the convo between Brienne and Jamie this past episode.  They could have gone a few different ways with this.  They could just casually refer to each other as "kingslayer" throughout the course of the conversation.  Jamie could give Brienne shit for all the times she used the term to insult him back in season 3.  Or they could have had a bonding experience over it.  Hell, they could have even tied it to Oathkeeper; Jamie "the kingslayer" gives Brienne the sword, and she goes on to slay a king with it, and the sword was made from honorable Ned Stark's sword.  They could have had a nice laugh at Ned's expense. 

Seems like a wasted opportunity to me.  

Speaking of bad writing.  Another thing that has continually pissed me off all season is that we still have no payoff to the candle in the tower set up from 5.10.  Brienne chose revenge over her oath to find and protect Sansa.  The show went out of its way to show the candle light up in the tower right after Brienne left to go find Stannis, implying that there would be some sort of consequence for Brienne's decision.  Turns out, there has been no consequences for Brienne at all.  She got her revenge and she rescued Sansa.  Why the hell did DnD go out of their way to show us the candle lighting up in the tower if there is no consequence? 

DnD continually manage to make their previous work look even more stupid with each passing episode.  I almost admire their skill in this regard. 

5 minutes ago, Stannistician said:

Its odd that the kingslayer topic never came up in the convo between Brienne and Jamie this past episode.  They could have gone a few different ways with this.  They could just casually refer to each other as "kingslayer" throughout the course of the conversation.  Jamie could give Brienne shit for all the times she used the term to insult him back in season 3.  Or they could have had a bonding experience over it.  Hell, they could have even tied it to Oathkeeper; Jamie "the kingslayer" gives Brienne the sword, and she goes on to slay a king with it, and the sword was made from honorable Ned Stark's sword.  They could have had a nice laugh at Ned's expense. 

Seems like a wasted opportunity to me.  

Speaking of bad writing.  Another thing that has continually pissed me off all season is that we still have no payoff to the candle in the tower set up from 5.10.  Brienne chose revenge over her oath to find and protect Sansa.  The show went out of its way to show the candle light up in the tower right after Brienne left to go find Stannis, implying that there would be some sort of consequence for Brienne's decision.  Turns out, there has been no consequences for Brienne at all.  She got her revenge and she rescued Sansa.  Why the hell did DnD go out of their way to show us the candle lighting up in the tower if there is no consequence? 

DnD continually manage to make their previous work look even more stupid with each passing episode.  I almost admire their skill in this regard. 

There was no consequence for Jon getting killed, you expect a little candle is gonna get noticed?

23 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

There was no consequence for Jon getting killed, you expect a little candle is gonna get noticed?

There was no consequence or sacrifice for him being resurrected either.  This is terrible writing, I agree.  

For me the candle thing is really bad because they actually went out of their way to establish a consequential decision, and then either forgot or just said "fuck it, you know what would be cool...." and then went on to write this garbage also known as season 6 with no thought about any of the plots established in the prior seasons (or repercussions for plots in future seasons for that matter).   

Im calling it now...

Arya cutting the candle in half is a throw back to Sansa's "save meh" candle and is foreshadowing that Arya will kill Sansa and then pull off her face to reveal she is Gendry... Because THAT is where Gendry has been. And then Gendry will flash his peen because women on top. 

2 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

I miss Joe Dempsie as Gendry :/

Someone posted after the Kingsmoot episode that they half expected Gendry to ride ashore and put in a claim for the Salt Throne, citing his many years of experience rowing as his qualification :lol:

9 minutes ago, Rhaegar the Unworthy said:

Someone posted after the Kingsmoot episode that they half expected Gendry to ride ashore and put in a claim for the Salt Throne, citing his many years of experience rowing as his qualification :lol:

Certainly would have been better than Urine Greypiss lol

Another thing that bothered me, when Brienne was explaining the situation to the Blackfish she said that Sansa wants to reclaim her home and take her rightful place as lady of Winterfell. The thing is she is not the rightful heir to Winterfell. Bran is, and she and Jon KNOW he is alive yet have made no mention of him.

Archived