Mel & Davos: forgive & forget?

I don't know what further purpose she has on the show.  This has been evident since she resurrected Jon.  She just sits around looking tired and ready to die.  The only thing left for her to do is to face the consequences of the Shireen incident, which will be coming next episode.  So I agree that she is either going to die or get banished.  Either way she will be written off the show.

A lot of people say "She can't die because in season 3 she said her and Arya would meet again". But I disagree.  I don't think D & D had the series planned out that far.  Seems like a lot of money to pay an actress just to come back so Arya can meet up with her.

19 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

So you are provided with a reasonable and common sense explanation to what you perceive to be a plot, discount it, and go straight to feeling insulted as an audience member?

k.

Honestly, I thought your first reply was a joke/ sarcasm, so I responded accordingly. 

In the episode 5.9 "inside the episode", Benioff says that Mel has presented Stannis with a solution to his problem; that if he burns Shireen, the Lord of Light "will set [him] free on [his] path to Winterfell."  Straight from the horses ass mouth.  Turns out that "path" was a couple hundred yards.    

This would support the rumors that many of our main characters will die in episode 10. People assume it will be most of the characters we see in KL, but it could be a bit more spread out to include Mel.

36 minutes ago, Stannistician said:

Honestly, I thought your first reply was a joke/ sarcasm, so I responded accordingly. 

In the episode 5.9 "inside the episode", Benioff says that Mel has presented Stannis with a solution to his problem; that if he burns Shireen, the Lord of Light "will set [him] free on [his] path to Winterfell."  Straight from the horses ass mouth.  Turns out that "path" was a couple hundred yards.    

Ugh...the whole Stannis' camp area was a failure on so many levels, and continues to be this season.

1. Despite the fact that Stannis cannot pass through the snow to Winterfell, somehow Ramsay and his 20 good men are able to pass through the exact same snow.  Why?

2. Ramsay and his 20 good men cripple Stannis' camp without being seen.  This is not realistic.

3. The show fails to convey how bad the conditions are in Stannis' camp.  You just see some dudes shivering and hear about some horses dying.  This makes Stannis' decision to sacrifice Shireen completely stupid and unearned.

4. Davos points out to Jon that Stannis chose this camp area because it was an excellent strategic location.  This is the same location that Stannis' camp was crippled by Ramsay and his 20 good men.  How is this a good location?

5. Davos finding the wooden stag.  There's no way that stag, or any part of the stag, survives that fire.

6. Davos finding the stag and then hearing the horn to start the battle, implying that Stannis' camp is already at Winterfell.  Maybe the reason Stannis couldn't press through is because what they thought was snow, was actually the walls of Winterfell.  This actually wouldn't surprise me considering how the moron didn't even bother to send scouts ahead when he marched on Winterfell.

5 minutes ago, Rubicante said:

Ugh...the whole Stannis' camp area was a failure on so many levels, and continues to be this season.

1. Despite the fact that Stannis cannot pass through the snow to Winterfell, somehow Ramsay and his 20 good men are able to pass through the exact same snow.  Why?

2. Ramsay and his 20 good men cripple Stannis' camp without being seen.  This is not realistic.

3. The show fails to convey how bad the conditions are in Stannis' camp.  You just see some dudes shivering and hear about some horses dying.  This makes Stannis' decision to sacrifice Shireen completely stupid and unearned.

4. Davos points out to Jon that Stannis chose this camp area because it was an excellent strategic location.  This is the same location that Stannis' camp was crippled by Ramsay and his 20 good men.  How is this a good location?

5. Davos finding the wooden stag.  There's no way that stag, or any part of the stag, survives that fire.

6. Davos finding the stag and then hearing the horn to start the battle, implying that Stannis' camp is already at Winterfell.  Maybe the reason Stannis couldn't press through is because what they thought was snow, was actually the walls of Winterfell.  This actually wouldn't surprise me considering how the moron didn't even bother to send scouts ahead when he marched on Winterfell.

Ramsay:  Scouts?  What are scouts?

It's amazing to me that with each successive episode, D&D make previous episodes look even more stupid. 

19 minutes ago, Stannistician said:

Ramsay:  Scouts?  What are scouts?

It's amazing to me that with each successive episode, D&D make previous episodes look even more stupid. 

Ha ha.  So true.  Which is exactly why Arya will not meet Mel again.  It will make their encounter back in season 3 that much more stupid.

22 minutes ago, Rubicante said:

Ha ha.  So true.  Which is exactly why Arya will not meet Mel again.  It will make their encounter back in season 3 that much more stupid.

Yep.  And its why we will not get any pay off for Brienne leaving her "candle watching duties" to go and get her revenge, only to have the candle light up right after she leaves.  No consequences, no repercussions, no pay off at all.  Why set this up at all?  Its almost as if they don't plan ahead and just make things up as they go along. 

I believe Jon and Davos will keep her around to help try to defeat the White Walkers, but inthe end, Davos will deliver justice to her.

To me, what Melisandre, Stannis and Selyse did to Shireen is quite possibly the most appalling, deplorable thing in the entire series, book or show, and that's saying quite a bit.

Any other nominations for "the most appalling and deplorable" thing?

2 hours ago, Cron said:

I believe Jon and Davos will keep her around to help try to defeat the White Walkers, but inthe end, Davos will deliver justice to her.

To me, what Melisandre, Stannis and Selyse did to Shireen is quite possibly the most appalling, deplorable thing in the entire series, book or show, and that's saying quite a bit.

Any other nominations for "the most appalling and deplorable" thing?

It was definitely a horrible crime; and Melisandre should answer for it.  

On 21.6.2016 at 1:04 AM, Stannistician said:

Given that we just found out that Jon's camp was in the same place as Stannis' camp, and that Jon's camp was a morning's walk from Winterfell, I wonder if Davos will ask Mel why it was necessary to burn Shireen in order for the snow to melt so they could get to Winterfell since THEY WERE ALREADY THERE!!!!

LOL

I wonder: Until now, Davos must have assumed that the Shireen was killed by the Boltons. That they raided Stannis' camp after defeating his army, before Shireen and Selyse were able to flee back to the wall.

Last episode he saw, that the Boltons apparently like to flay and burn people because they oh so wonderfully decorated the battlefield with a couple of them. So how does finding these charred remains do anything but confirm his suspicion that the Boltons killed her ?

3 hours ago, Rhollo said:

I wonder: Until now, Davos must have assumed that the Shireen was killed by the Boltons. That they raided Stannis' camp after defeating his army, before Shireen and Selyse were able to flee back to the wall.

Last episode he saw, that the Boltons apparently like to flay and burn people because they oh so wonderfully decorated the battlefield with a couple of them. So how does finding these charred remains do anything but confirm his suspicion that the Boltons killed her ?

I certainly agree with your points.  But to take it one step further, the stag could have ended up in the fire a million different ways.   It proves nothing best I can tell.  

She needs to die. Both the book and the show made it clear that people can be brought back to life... It defeats he purpose and makes dangerous decisions feel less dangerous

last episode, they had to have the "talk". Don't bring me back if I die... In order to create more tension

with that said, I hope Meli dies. I hope Jon carries the sentence...

5 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

If he did that I'm in the team: "Jon, die next season!" 

Keeping that old hag beside because he has turned religious now. Not that I am a big fan of Davos but Mel is horrible and should be over.

Hopefully this is fake. Ughhh

I hate that they've turned Davos into a Jon arse kisser at the expense of his character. As if he wouldnt snap her neck himself if he found out. Hes not brain damaged just because hes overall good urghh

Archived