US Elections -- The Wrath of Khan

4 hours ago, Leofric said:

it's easier to get everyone behind keeping Trump out of office, giving Clinton an easy message.    I think the concern among Democrats and Clinton supporters is if Trump drops out, there will be a rebound effect where all the Republicans will jump onboard and support any Republican candidate that is not Trump. And those non republicans who hate Clinton, but saw her as the lesser of two evils will also jump to the new Republican nominee without looking too closely at what that nominee really stands for, which could have long term effects on SCOTUS and other policies.

Did I miss something? Is there any evidence Trump is actually considering dropping out? Or just wishful thinking?

Problem is if Trump drops out, he's still on the ballot in a host of states.

And, of course, the disruption would dwarf the Eagleton fiasco in 1972, you completely negate the entire Convention and Primary process, et cetera. I think at this point for Republicans, letting Trump go down in flames is the least bad option.

New poll out of Utah - Trump leads 37%-25%, with a whole host of undecideds.

GOP Senator Susan Collins will not be voting for Trump.  

I will not be voting for Donald Trump for president. This is not a decision I make lightly, for I am a lifelong Republican. But Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country.

59 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

GOP Senator Susan Collins will not be voting for Trump.  

I will not be voting for Donald Trump for president. This is not a decision I make lightly, for I am a lifelong Republican. But Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country.

What is this inclusive approach of which she speaks? Seems like trump is the epitome of the modern  and popular divisive approach to governing. And if she's just talking inclusive within her party, then I'm certain Trump would be more than happy to include anyone, so long as they are obedient and loyal to him. 

6 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been much commentary on the economic platform Trump (finally) released today.  News commentary seems to be mixed at best.  

I'm curious if his populist supporters who want someone to fight for the little guy will notice that Trump's tax plan is the same supply-side horseshit the Republicans have been shoveling on them for decades. Or is this another part of his clever ruse to get elected?

2 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

What is this inclusive approach of which she speaks? Seems like trump is the epitome of the modern  and popular divisive approach to governing. And if she's just talking inclusive within her party, then I'm certain Trump would be more than happy to include anyone, so long as they are obedient and loyal to him. 

The approach people like Jeb were trying for before Trump beat their heads in. Immigration is an act of love etc. 

But to be fair, she gives examples. Trump tbh is arguably off the scale even for Republicans with how omnicidal he is.

Archived