Westeros Dynasty 2016

grozeng

He also emailed them to me and since I made them prettier, I'm posting anyway.

Dalvin Cook (Min - RB)         $25 - 2 years
Anthony Miller (Chi - WR)     $2  - 4 years
Hayden Hurst (Bal - TE)     $1  - 2 years
James Washington (Pit - WR)     $2  - 4 years
Christian Kirk (Ari - WR)     $1  - 2 years

• 2 weeks later...

Jaxom and I have a trade.  I give up Bortles and Evan Engram for Butker and Phillip Lindsay.

Only Engram has a contract beyond this year and in a 1TE league I really felt having Engram, Rudolph and Hunter Henry on long-term deals was a bit of a waste.  I was really short roster spaces so much so I was likely to have to drop a player with a good contract to even get a kicker this week (or drop the Carolina Defense but I wanted to hold them pretty badly).

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of trades in this league (I assume there's no trade deadline?), if anyone is in the market for a QB, let me know. My asking prices will be high, because all four (Goff, Trubisky, Luck, Newton) are very productive and on good contracts covering this and next year, but I could use some WR help. 

15 hours ago, BLU-RAY said:

Speaking of trades in this league (I assume there's no trade deadline?), if anyone is in the market for a QB, let me know. My asking prices will be high, because all four (Goff, Trubisky, Luck, Newton) are very productive and on good contracts covering this and next year, but I could use some WR help. 

Goff would be interesting for the right price. My cheap young QBs are coming off of the books soon. Best I can offer is Brown on a one year deal. 

Monster trade, me and Tywin.

I give up Jarvis Landry ($3 - 3 years remaining) and Jordan Howard ($1, 1 year remaining)

for

Antonio Brown (contract expiring) and Raheem Mostert (no contract).

Howard is a low end RB2 or high RB3 for a buck and Landry could be a steal for three more seasons.  But I want to win now, now, now.

Edited by Bronn Stone

I’m happy with the trade, though it obviously sucks to lose Brown. However, I did need another RB with Powell going down and Landry will always get targets, though maybe not yards, and that contract is attractive.

Going into next year I’ll have two QB1s and they only cost me $19, 5 RBs, none of which are 1s, but two 2s, two 3s and one that’s a mystery box for just $19 and two WR3/4s for $5, and I’ll have them both for the next three seasons. And since I have less than $10 in dead money, I’ll have 75% of my cap to play with. This is essentially the goal I’ve had for two years. Collect cheap contracts on decent to good players with the hope they become great and shed all the bad contracts I was dealt. I’d say now is about the time that I can land on an aircraft carrier with my junk highlighted.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to congratulate Jaxom for his amazing performance in Week 11.  Gotta love the idea of someone who manages to score under 75 points without actually having idle players in his lineup.

QB: Mariota, Bortles
RB: M. Gordon, I. Smith, Josh Adams
WR:  A. Cooper, D. Montcrief, M. Valdes-Scantling, M. Harris
TE: Kelce
DT: Washington
K: Gano

That LOOKS like a playable lineup. Which this week o-so-wasn't

@Jaxom 1974

Edited by Bronn Stone

31 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I want to congratulate Jaxom for his amazing performance in Week 11.  Gotta love the idea of someone who manages to score under 75 points without actually having idle players in his lineup.

QB: Mariota, Bortles
RB: M. Gordon, I. Smith, Josh Adams
WR:  A. Cooper, D. Montcrief, M. Valdes-Scantling, M. Harris
TE: Kelce
DT: Washington
K: Gano

That LOOKS like a playable lineup. Which this week o-so-wasn't

@Jaxom 1974

Anyone can have a bad seventeen weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

Lame! 

LAME!

I went to grab Ware a couple hours ago and he was a FA. I added him and dropped Coutee or w/e his name is and the screen was buffering. I had to leave to go help a patient and I just got back and it said he was still a FA. I go to redo the process and then it says he's no longer a FA.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

• 2 weeks later...

@briantw in main FF thread:

And one of the two non-playoff leagues is my dynasty team on here, which I took over in shambles this year and wasn't expecting a playoff berth. 

Pretty happy with that.

I think you've come a long way with that team, but still think you're a year away from really being in a position to challenge for the top.  Winning this league usually requires three or four complete steal contracts and nothing holding you down.  You've got good ones for Cooper Kupp, Chris Godwin, Aaron Jones and Nick Chubb, but in addition to the anchors you inherited, you are probably overpaying next year for David Johnson and Royce Freeman.  Chances are good you'll be able to use the "out of football completely" cap exception on Alex Smith (poor dude).

Still a great year overall.  Congrats.

9 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

@briantw in main FF thread:

I think you've come a long way with that team, but still think you're a year away from really being in a position to challenge for the top.  Winning this league usually requires three or four complete steal contracts and nothing holding you down.  You've got good ones for Cooper Kupp, Chris Godwin, Aaron Jones and Nick Chubb, but in addition to the anchors you inherited, you are probably overpaying next year for David Johnson and Royce Freeman.  Chances are good you'll be able to use the "out of football completely" cap exception on Alex Smith (poor dude).

Still a great year overall.  Congrats.

My plan was to focus on securing my RB this year, as it was a deep draft and the 2019 draft doesn't really have much going for it.  Plus, receivers are just cheaper in general.  

Whiffed on Freeman probably (although his actual per rush stats have been solid, so I think he's a hold), but the Chubb/Jones/Guice combo will hopefully pay some nice dividends on a budget for the next three years.  Agree on overpaying for DJ.  Really didn't expect him to be utilized so terribly.  Hopefully he has a better coaching staff next year, although he may not survive cut week.

But yeah, went into this with a three year plan, so next year will be about finding a couple of more gems on good deals and then year three will be about going all-in while I still have a bunch of RBs on cheap deals. I mostly kept DJ for two years to be trade bait next season when I am closer to going for it.

Edited by briantw

• 8 months later...