US Elections 2016: The END IS NEAR

Kalbear

Just random lurking...

I swear to God, I rarely feel sorry for Americans as I don't have to, but this may be the one case when I do feel for all of you. And that is coming from the guy from a country that is, politically speaking, a complete trainwreck. Out of more than 300 million individuals, some of the best colleges in the world, God only knows how many successful businesspersons, it all came down to these two? Like, seriously.

I can't even begin to discuss Mr Trump. Is Republican Party so much in problems that this is their sole viable candidate? Danny Crane would have been better choice :D As for Mrs Clinton, the fact that in the last 26 years, US had 12 years being ruled by one family and it seems it might be ruled by for the same or even more time by another, is complete ridiculousness. I know you folks like British, but you don't have to create ruling dynasty to be posh :)

The president of USA, as perhaps never before, needs to be someone energetic, demanding respect and someone who will stand against not only the entire terrorist world, but who can stand up to Vlad and put him when needed in his place. Are people actually believe that US, at this rather challenging times, would benefit from either of these two? 

I really hope that Mrs Clinton wins this (and that is a sentence no one would have ever dreamed of hearing from a Serb), but then again, s*it happens. Just look at Brexit... God save us all.

Good luck in November guys... I really think you'll all need it. And the rest of the world, as for that matter.

1 hour ago, Risto said:

US had 12 years being ruled by one family and it seems it might be ruled by for the same or even more time by another, is complete ridiculousness.

Just wait until Michelle Obama runs for President.

Bush > Clinton > Bush > Obama > Clinton > Bush* > Obama > Clinton**

* George Prescott Bush.  Or probably Billy Bush. We'll deserve that.

** Chelsea

Edit -- I randomly referenced Billy Bush in that silliness above, not knowing he featured in today's Trump hot mic reveal by the Washington Post. Timing.

Hello all. Kind of new to the political discussion here, although I talk a lot about it on other message boards, I have been away from this forums for a while. Just wanted to ask where this forums generally leans on the spectrum, ie Left/Right? Over the last few pages I have seen a broad spectrum of views as you would on any community, but overall people tend to lean towards one side or the other- like r/politics leans left, especially towards Bernie for example. 

This appears to be getting a surprising amount of airtime given what it is - but Trump is basically saying that he just starts kissing women randomly and grabbing their pussy in 2005 might be a bit of a problem given his wife.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html

1 hour ago, Risto said:

I swear to God, I rarely feel sorry for Americans as I don't have to, but this may be the one case when I do feel for all of you. And that is coming from the guy from a country that is, politically speaking, a complete trainwreck. Out of more than 300 million individuals, some of the best colleges in the world, God only knows how many successful businesspersons, it all came down to these two? Like, seriously.

I think if you polled every American (including those who have given up on voting), this may very well emerge as the majority opinion. :)

45 minutes ago, Azzanadra said:

Hello all. Kind of new to the political discussion here, although I talk a lot about it on other message boards, I have been away from this forums for a while. Just wanted to ask where this forums generally leans on the spectrum, ie Left/Right? Over the last few pages I have seen a broad spectrum of views as you would on any community, but overall people tend to lean towards one side or the other- like r/politics leans left, especially towards Bernie for example.

It mostly leans left. However, there do exist some people here from the right and there are others who are not truly on either side.

15 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

This appears to be getting a surprising amount of airtime given what it is - but Trump is basically saying that he just starts kissing women randomly and grabbing their pussy in 2005 might be a bit of a problem given his wife.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html

Not surprised but man that's amazing. So bad. Can't wait to see how Altherion spins that one.

11 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Not surprised but man that's amazing. So bad. Can't wait to see how Altherion spins that one.

Trump is up huge among white Evangelicals.  The same people that whined the last 8 years about the sanctity of marriage want a thrice married adulterer who says crap like the link above (while he was married, mind you).  AND THEN have the audacity to go after Hillary Clinton over her husband's affairs... not even hers!  I just can't even fathom the mental gymnastics, but I see examples of it every. single. day.  Tellin' ya, that particular group taken as a whole is unbelievably full of shit and I'm about ready for their exit from mainstream US politics.    

If there's any silver lining in Trump's campaign, maybe it shows that you don't have to be a Bible thumping Christian to win the Republican nomination,  which is good - but the hypocrisy is hard to take.  

9 minutes ago, S John said:

Trump is up huge among white Evangelicals.  The same people that whined the last 8 years about the sanctity of marriage want a thrice married adulterer who says crap like the link above (while he was married, mind you).  AND THEN have the audacity to go after Hillary Clinton over her husband's affairs... not even hers!  I just can't even fathom the mental gymnastics, but I see examples of it every. single. day.  Tellin' ya, that particular group taken as a whole is unbelievably full of shit and I'm about ready for their exit from mainstream US politics.    

If there's any silver lining in Trump's campaign, maybe it shows that you don't have to be a Bible thumping Christian to win the Republican nomination,  which is good - but the hypocrisy is hard to take.  

Well, kinda.

Last I saw the numbers in the primary Trump is big among what you could call the culturally evangelical. This is actually distinct from the people who attend church regularly who were, at least int he primaries, not big Trump fans at all as I remember.

49 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Good lord. Hasn't he been sued several times for sexual harassment, not to mention his first wife's accusations? I bet a lot of his skeletons will be stampeding out of his closet in the next few days and weeks.

AND THEN have the audacity to go after Hillary Clinton over her husband's affairs... not even hers! 

Just want to add. Trump also accused Hillary of having an affair. (with no evidence of this) It caused Michael Reagan to support Hillary, so it doesn't appear to be a successful 'tactic'. 

Michael Reagan Blasts Trump: My Father Would Not Support This Campaign

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/10/03/michael-reagan-embarrassed-trump-glad-my-dad-isnt-alive-see

Anyway, in a different vein:

Russia lodges complaint against UN official who criticizes Trump and other European populist demagogues:

Russia lodged a formal complaint last month with the United Nations over a top U.N. official's condemnations of Donald Trump and some European politicians, an intervention that underscores the unusual links between the Republican presidential nominee and the Kremlin.

There is no evidence Trump sought Russia's assistance, or was even aware of the criticism by Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein, the U.N. high commissioner for human rights.

Vitaly Churkin, Russia's ambassador to the United Nations, told The Associated Press on Friday that he complained to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon about Zeid's remarks.

https://www.apnews.com/161afebf5804419b93f7c6306d438cc1/APNewsBreak:-UN-criticism-of-Trump-prompts-Russian-response

Also, two things on this.

1. The Washington Post and the New York Times have been doing investigative journalism and covering shit like you wouldn't believe this election. Seriously, nice work digging up all this shit.

2. If Trump had run for office in any serious way, chances are good that this would have been revealed a lot earlier in his career. This is the first time he's been really exposed, and as a result a lot of bad is showing up that normally gets vetted through the process throughout the years and either gets dealt with or sinks a candidate. A lot of times this shows up in the primary, but for whatever reason it didn't this time. 

Archived