MLB Postseason: All Arms on Deck

Myshkin

5 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Not nearly as bad as people want to make it out to be...I'm finding Clevelanders, my group of friends as the sample size, to be insufferable...

I don't know what is going to happen tonoght, but I expect good things.  This is my favorite tweet of the day:

Tweets like that are why everyone expects the worst from Cubs fans. Being faced with elimination and not having won a championship in 108 years, yet the cockiness runs rampant still (not directed at you but at the tweet).

That was a gutsy win by the Cubs. I didn't think Chapman would be able to keep it together for that long tbh.

Yeah that was ridiculous from Chapman. Reminiscent of Bumgarner's heroics a couple of years ago.

Not sure Chicago can prevent the Tribe from winning it all, but Schwarber coming back into the line-up for the remaining games could make a difference.

7 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Tweets like that are why everyone expects the worst from Cubs fans. Being faced with elimination and not having won a championship in 108 years, yet the cockiness runs rampant still (not directed at you but at the tweet).

I found it to be an empowering tweet, and slightly tongue in cheek as eell since all week we've been inundated with 70 to 100 year old stats about both teams and their post season prowess. :P

But you're gonna see worse from Clevelanders...they're feeling Randy after LeBron and think they're entitled to it all now...hell, I know some who keep insisting that the minor league hockey team winning this year is further proof that Cleveland is the Sports God's gift...they're even trying to disavow the Browns...

But let's be honest..the Cubs still have their backs up against the wall and I'm still holding out all hope...but other than railing against the fans of Cleveland and the vine above, I'm going to be quiet for now.  If they win two more games, then I get to hoot and holler...but damn, I've seen a Cubs World Series in my lifetime!  Lifting that curse of the Billy Goat...of one actually believes in that sort of thing...

No more Posts in a row. Sorry about that...

Looking like it's going to be great baseball weather in Cleveland for these last 2 games. Highs in the 70s both tomorrow and Wednesday. Not bad for Cleveland in November. I believe they call that an Indian Summer:P

6 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

But you're gonna see worse from Clevelanders...they're feeling Randy after LeBron and think they're entitled to it all now...hell, I know some who keep insisting that the minor league hockey team winning this year is further proof that Cleveland is the Sports God's gift...they're even trying to disavow the Browns...

I don't know about this.  My brother-in-law is a life-long Cleveland fan.  When I texted him after game 4 that they were on the brink, his reply was, "Yeah, but that Cavs / Golden State thing..." 

They're fully aware that a 3-1 lead (now a 3-2 lead) doesn't cover it.  And this Cubs team has the capability to go on a hitting tear at any point, like they did to take out the Dodgers.

Going to be a fun time watching it unfold tomorrow night (and Wednesday night, if necessary).

29 minutes ago, The Wedge said:

I don't know about this.  My brother-in-law is a life-long Cleveland fan.  When I texted him after game 4 that they were on the brink, his reply was, "Yeah, but that Cavs / Golden State thing..." 

They're fully aware that a 3-1 lead (now a 3-2 lead) doesn't cover it.  And this Cubs team has the capability to go on a hitting tear at any point, like they did to take out the Dodgers.

Going to be a fun time watching it unfold tomorrow night (and Wednesday night, if necessary).

Then you BiL is a better man than the people I know, because it's all, "Cleveland against the World!" and "Believeland" and the like...I get having faith, but it's cloying at best right now...

46 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Then you BiL is a better man than the people I know, because it's all, "Cleveland against the World!" and "Believeland" and the like...I get having faith, but it's cloying at best right now...

"Cleveland against the world" as a slogan has been around since well before the Cavs won the title this year.  It's been a tagline of Cleveland sports for years now.  Same with "Believeland."  Neither of those popped up because the Cavs won and broke the curse.  They were around well before that.

5 hours ago, briantw said:

"Cleveland against the world" as a slogan has been around since well before the Cavs won the title this year.  It's been a tagline of Cleveland sports for years now.  Same with "Believeland."  Neither of those popped up because the Cavs won and broke the curse.  They were around well before that.

Yes. But here's the thing,  before the Cavs, the world at large didn't really care.  Now Clevelanders won't shut up. They're making the worst of the hardcore Bostonians look tame.

35 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Yes. But here's the thing,  before the Cavs, the world at large didn't really care.  Now Clevelanders won't shut up. They're making the worst of the hardcore Bostonians look tame.

Eh, the same thing happens with any fanbase that has been deprived for any length of time. It happened here in the Bay Area in 2010, it happened in Kansas City last year, it'll happen in Cleveland or Chicago this year dependent upon who wins.

36 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I mean, they finally witnessed a title win for the first time in over fifty years.  For many fans, it was the first one they'd seen their entire life.  They're going to be loud and obnoxious just like every other fan base that suddenly starts winning after decades of futility and misery.

Archived