Arya Stark is Nissa Nissa

Shierak Qiya

5 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I can understand that. But in order for this to happen everyone has to die.

Bran, Rickon, and Sansa don't all have to die for Arya to become Lady of Winterfell (or Queen in the North)  Bran could choose to decline to focus on magic, plus he may not be able to have kids.  Sansa could potentially marry someone whose position would be incompatible with her being Lady of Winterfell (King, Hand, or Lord Paramount of another region).  Rickon I don't know ab out, but his age would, at the least, require a regent..  To be honest, I don't know where Arya will wind up.  But given the likelihood of lots of members of leading families dying off, the other Starks could wind up elsewhere.

27 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

Arya is either ahead of Jon and behind Sansa or ahead of Sansa and behind Jon - you can't have one from Robb's will and not the other.

Unless Robb included a caveat that makes Jon a Stark if there are no Stark heirs alive or found. The fact that he didn't include Arya among his dead siblings makes things very strange. 

9 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I can understand that. But in order for this to happen everyone has to die.

I thought at this point in Robb's story he thinks Arya is dead, like Bran and Rickon, and he definitely doesn't want Winterfell to go to Tyrion. It seems Robb can't add a caveat for Arya if he thinks she is dead, as he tells his mother during the will talk with her. Am I forgetting something? We readers know better than Arya is dead ;).

A Storm of Swords - Catelyn IV

"Your mind was on your battles, and rightly so. Even a king cannot think of everything."
"Battles," muttered Robb as he led her out beneath the trees. "I have won every battle, yet somehow I'm losing the war." He looked up, as if the answer might be written on the sky. "The ironmen hold Winterfell, and Moat Cailin too. Father's dead, and Bran and Rickon, maybe Arya. And now your father too."

A Storm of Swords - Catelyn V

Grey Wind leapt up atop King Tristifer's crypt, his teeth bared. Robb's own face was cold. "That is as cruel as it is unfair. Jon is no Theon."
"So you pray. Have you considered your sisters? What of their rights? I agree that the north must not be permitted to pass to the Imp, but what of Arya? By law, she comes after Sansa . . . your own sister, trueborn . . ."
". . . and dead. No one has seen or heard of Arya since they cut Father's head off. Why do you lie to yourself? Arya's gone, the same as Bran and Rickon, and they'll kill Sansa too once the dwarf gets a child from her. Jon is the only brother that remains to me. Should I die without issue, I want him to succeed me as King in the North. I had hoped you would support my choice."
"I cannot," she said. "In all else, Robb. In everything. But not in this . . . this folly. Do not ask it."
"I don't have to. I'm the king." Robb turned and walked off, Grey Wind bounding down from the tomb and loping after him.

5 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I thought at this point in Robb's story he thinks Arya is dead, like Bran and Rickon, and he definitely doesn't want Winterfell to go to Tyrion. It seems Robb can't add a caveat for Arya if he thinks she is dead, as he tells his mother during the will talk with her. Am I forgetting something? We readers know better than Arya is dead ;).

A Storm of Swords - Catelyn IV

"Your mind was on your battles, and rightly so. Even a king cannot think of everything."
"Battles," muttered Robb as he led her out beneath the trees. "I have won every battle, yet somehow I'm losing the war." He looked up, as if the answer might be written on the sky. "The ironmen hold Winterfell, and Moat Cailin too. Father's dead, and Bran and Rickon, maybe Arya. And now your father too."

A Storm of Swords - Catelyn V

Grey Wind leapt up atop King Tristifer's crypt, his teeth bared. Robb's own face was cold. "That is as cruel as it is unfair. Jon is no Theon."
"So you pray. Have you considered your sisters? What of their rights? I agree that the north must not be permitted to pass to the Imp, but what of Arya? By law, she comes after Sansa . . . your own sister, trueborn . . ."
". . . and dead. No one has seen or heard of Arya since they cut Father's head off. Why do you lie to yourself? Arya's gone, the same as Bran and Rickon, and they'll kill Sansa too once the dwarf gets a child from her. Jon is the only brother that remains to me. Should I die without issue, I want him to succeed me as King in the North. I had hoped you would support my choice."
"I cannot," she said. "In all else, Robb. In everything. But not in this . . . this folly. Do not ask it."
"I don't have to. I'm the king." Robb turned and walked off, Grey Wind bounding down from the tomb and loping after him.

Yes. At the sealing when he makes the announcement, he names his dead siblings (excluding Arya) and disinherits Sansa.

He picked up a sheet of parchment. "One more matter. Lord Balon has left chaos in his wake, we hope. I would not do the same. Yet I have no son as yet, my brothers Bran and Rickon are dead, and my sister is wed to a Lannister. I've thought long and hard about who might follow me. I command you now as my true and loyal lords to fix your seals to this document as witnesses to my decision."

George never mentions Jon or Arya by name in that scene in particular. George cloaks Robb's final wishes with some ambiguity. But Jon being named heir is obvious and the whole purpose of the Will's existence. It's just the wording that is questionable and whether or not he left any caveat at all and we don't know that for certain. 

On 17. 11. 2016 at 0:12 AM, LordImp said:

Dany is Nissa Nissa and Jon AA . Lightbringer will be their son , Dany will die giving birth to Jons son. This is my opinion of course. 

Though i think there is more than one hero and each hero will have its own Lightbringer . For example the dragons is Danys lightbringers , Longlcaw/ Oathkeeper / Dawn can be Jons lightbringer. Nights watch can be a light bringer . Jon himself is Lightbringer according to some theories . 

But the true Lightbringer will be the son of Jon and Dany . Again this is my opinion . 

You mean Lightbringer=like to bring hope, A Dream of Spring, new era.

In this case Jon and Dany will die or live?

Prophecies are tricky and as George said not be taken too literally, in the war of dawn we'll have plenty of people who will rise to the occasion.

16 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

You mean Lightbringer=like to bring hope, A Dream of Spring, new era.

In this case Jon and Dany will die or live?

Prophecies are tricky and as George said not be taken too literally, in the war of dawn we'll have plenty of people who will rise to the occasion.

I'm not sure. Lightbringer being son of Jon and Dany was just a idea that popped up. 

Actually i'm starting to consider that Greensight is Lightbringer . 

8 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Yes. At the sealing when he makes the announcement, he names his dead siblings (excluding Arya) and disinherits Sansa.

George never mentions Jon or Arya by name in that scene in particular. George cloaks Robb's final wishes with some ambiguity. But Jon being named heir is obvious and the whole purpose of the Will's existence. It's just the wording that is questionable and whether or not he left any caveat at all and we don't know that for certain. 

Gotcha. Thanks.

I agree with the O/P.  Arya will be the Nissa Nissa whose death will create the Lightbringer.  It will be an appropriate death for Arya.  Jon and Arya were always meant to fall in love.  Jon was meant to fall in love with Arya and even betrayed the Night's Watch for her.  Jon will have to make this difficult choice if he wants to have a weapon against the Others.  I don't particularly care for Jon and Arya so this would be a fantastic outcome for me. 

On 20/11/2016 at 1:02 AM, Nevets said:

plus he may not be able to have kids

That doesn't mean that he can't rule.

Sansa could potentially marry someone whose position would be incompatible with her being Lady of Winterfell (King, Hand, or Lord Paramount of another region).

That doesn't mean that she can't rule of her own right.

Rickon I don't know ab out, but his age would, at the least, require a regent..

Yet Arya isn't old enough to be a regent.

27 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

That doesn't mean that he can't rule.

That doesn't mean that she can't rule of her own right.

Yet Arya isn't old enough to be a regent.

I was merely pointing out reasons why her siblings would not all need to die for Arya to become Lady of Winterfell.  In the case of Bran and Sansa, those reasons still stand.  They both could have good, strong reasons to decline the position.  Not that they have to, mind you, just that they might wish to do so and open a spot for Arya.  .

Speaking to the topic at hand, I think that the chances of Arya becoming Nissa Nissa approach zero, and the possibility of Gendry being involved is precisely zero.

On 11/16/2016 at 9:28 PM, Wm Portnoy said:

Agreed and what a great direction to take the plot!  I would love to see Arya as Nissa Nissa.

Gendry is the "smith" and even as an apprentice to Tobho Mott, he showed excellent craft skills.  Eddard was actually very impressed with Gendry's work.  Gendry = the smith, Azor Ahai.  Arya = Nissa Nissa.  Awesome.

Samwell is a distant second option, with Gilly as Nissa Nissa.  Samwell doesn't have the craftsmanship skills to forge a sword.  It takes time to learn as an apprentice.  For that same reason, Jon Snow is not going to be forging a sword.  Snowflake can't even make Needle.  He had to get Mikken to make that little sword for Arya.  Jon Snow is not AA.  But if he were, Arya would be his Nissa Nissa, the biggest sacrifice he could possibly make.  I am in agreement, the story of AA is about sacrificing who you love the most.

Good point.  Gendry is the only blacksmith among the characters.  Azor Ahai had to have been a blacksmith to know how to make a sword in the first place.  It's a skilled job and we know Gendry is very talented.   It's another example of the Baratheon stag killing the Stark direwolf that was foreshadowed from the beginning of the story.  

8 hours ago, Heavy D said:

It's another example of the Baratheon stag killing the Stark direwolf that was foreshadowed from the beginning of the story.  

The Baratheon stag killed the parent direwolf, not the direwolf pups.

Archived