Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HelenaExMachina

TTTNE v.467 - Lets do the Spamsmoot again! [Spamsmoot 2017]

Recommended Posts

End the tyranny! Down with Roman numerals! A new day has dawned, a new empire, one which will crush these silly old traditions with a brutal iron fist. Down with the monarchy, down with the Roman numerals. Our day has come! 

:kiss: 

And in honour of my winning post:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bah! New fangled numerals. No respect for traditions. *shakes quad cane*

Merry Christmas to all threadheads, past and present!  :cheers:  :kiss: 's to the ladies and manly man hugs to the guys. :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations Helaena!

From the previous thread;

On 21/12/2016 at 10:17 AM, felice said:

That was fun - thanks! I liked that it had completely different lines for each verse, rather than repeating up to twelve times.

How about something for the Trekkies?

 

Loved it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know one good thing about winter and it being cold and dark- I've got this warm black winter duffle coat which I've worn over my work/office clothes the last few days on my way to/from work, anyway it has this huge overhanging hood on it, the moral of the story is, winter allows you to express your true self in your clothing choices-if your true self is a megalomaniacal Sith that is :wub:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

And in honour of my winning post:

 

7 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Congrats Helena, you deserved the thread :cheers: 

I'm fully in support of not using numerals again. Not quite decided on the monarchy thing.

 

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Congrats Helena! Great new thread, let's try to keep it alive, people! :D 

I am sorry, but you are all wrong. BB won and Helena stole his moment. Shame on you! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the topic though, Latin numbers make s much more sense.

Did I mention we have snow over here in the New Buckkeep? :wub: It is so pretty, is snowed on Monday evening and half of yesterday and it is cold enough (really cold!) that some of it stuck. Sadly I get reports that there is none at Old Buckkeep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Quoth said:

Bah! New fangled numerals. No respect for traditions. *shakes quad cane*

Merry Christmas to all threadheads, past and present!  :cheers:  :kiss: 's to the ladies and manly man hugs to the guys. :D

Ahoy, Quoth! *waves*

I see too few people with Christmas avatars. No Christmas spirit in here at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am sorry, but you are all wrong. BB won and Helena stole his moment. Shame on you! :P

Explanation:

There are 20 posts to a page, 20 x 50 = 1000, which makes the last post on page 50 number 1000.

Right now, it says that this thread has "11 replies" on the page with the topic list. But this page says "12 posts in this topic", which means that the page with the topic list does not count the OP, but only the replies to it. TTTNE races counts all posts, with the OP included.

So, congratulations, BB! :commie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Is this thread the new Kingsmoot's thread?

Should not be, the spamsmoot should only start in the thread in January ... but I have no clue when this one will be even over.

I should probably stop posting like this before somebody reports me for ... spamming, ironically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buckwheat said:

Explanation:

There are 20 posts to a page, 20 x 50 = 1000, which makes the last post on page 50 number 1000.

Right now, it says that this thread has "11 replies" on the page with the topic list. But this page says "12 posts in this topic", which means that the page with the topic list does not count the OP, but only the replies to it. TTTNE races counts all posts, with the OP included.

So, congratulations, BB! :commie:

I say we rebel against the rules too. Rules were made to enslave.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

End the tyranny! Down with Roman numerals! A new day has dawned, a new empire, one which will crush these silly old traditions with a brutal iron fist. Down with the monarchy, down with the Roman numerals. Our day has come! 

:agree: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Explanation:

There are 20 posts to a page, 20 x 50 = 1000, which makes the last post on page 50 number 1000.

Right now, it says that this thread has "11 replies" on the page with the topic list. But this page says "12 posts in this topic", which means that the page with the topic list does not count the OP, but only the replies to it. TTTNE races counts all posts, with the OP included.

So, congratulations, BB! :commie:

Well lets rebel against that silly rule too. Anarchy! :commie: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't we establish a rule after the post count was lost in the board make-over that the 1st post on the 51st page is the winner of a race? And didn't this idea originally come from Lany and wasn't it even practiced for the next couple rounds? And wasn't there some confusion later if it was the last on page 50 or the first on page 51? And wasn't the whole point is to spare us having to do the maths about which is actually the exact 1000th post? Did I dream all this? 

Not that it matters really, but we should either establish and follow one rule or not make it count, shouldn't we? 

There was snow here too. About 1-2mm but still snow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Months of waiting, then I miss the race; typical.

13 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well lets rebel against that silly rule too. Anarchy! :commie: 

It's not a rule, it's a tradition; there's no need to rebel against that. Last post on page 50 wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×