TTTNE v.467 - Lets do the Spamsmoot again! [Spamsmoot 2017]

HexMachina

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I am afraid I do not know what you are talking about.

Not true. There are always Converse. I have a lavender-coloured pair, they are pretty.

And those old sandals I had. <3 They were perfect, they survived half of Europe and never posed a problem. Sadly they had to go out of use last summer and I have not been able to find anything even remotely similar. They were also the prettiest sandals for me.

http://eu.christianlouboutin.com/uk_en/shop/women/enchantee-vernis.html

I want these ones at the moment :wub:.

4 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Pretty much.

Of course you did. *wink wink*

Besides, the other thing does make sense. When has the other thing ever given you blisters?

My answer rhymed better with socks tbh.

You're part of the tyranny that oppresses the lewdness of the populace.

Of course *nudge nudge*

I should hope it doesn't give me blisters :uhoh: But I'm not in the habit of *wearing* them anyway...

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

More Vikings 

Hide contents

Did she just DIE? My god what the F just happened? 

Yes. My reaction too

It takes a special kind of awful writing for me to start hating Lagertha's character and be disappointed by the death of Aslaug, who I have wanted to die since she was introduced

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

No. God. Why. 

Hide contents

Not Athelstan again, bloody hell, the guy's been dead for fifteen years, just STOP. 

Haha, this was the episode I quit after.

31 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Those look exquisitely painful to walk on.

Pain is beauty. Or something to that effect.

i say this, but mostly I dress for comfort rather than to impress or look stylish. 

54 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Pain is beauty. Or something to that effect.

i say this, but mostly I dress for comfort rather than to impress or look stylish. 

I don't even think they're pretty :P But to be fair I don't understand high heels to begin with. Or fashion. (In case you couldn't tell, I'm mostly a comfort-dresser too).

11 hours ago, Pebbles said:

bucky do you have a place to stay for Helsinki yet?

A Finnish friend offered me to stay with her, I will probably take her up on it. I still need to check how far from the convention centre she lives.

Otherwise, Sunny said we might hire a flat - she, AllMenMustRhyme, Fragile Bird and somebody else, not sure who now. But if I need to hire somewhere, I would actually prefer just a bed in a hostel, that is likely cheaper and I do not need much space when travelling - it is not like I want to spend time there except for sleeping.

What about you? Are you just staying for the days of the con or also a day or two before/after for sightseeing?

10 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I am sorry, but these are about the furthest away from any shoes I might ever have the intention of wearing at any point in my life. They look both uncomfortable, impractical and ugly.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yes. My reaction too

Reveal hidden contents

It takes a special kind of awful writing for me to start hating Lagertha's character and be disappointed by the death of Aslaug, who I have wanted to die since she was introduced

Haha, this was the episode I quit after.

I know... 

Spoiler

I actually felt sorry for Aslaug and the timing was just wrong because Lagertha killed her at a time when it made absolutely no difference. She didn't get Ragnar back, she didn't elevate the position of her own son over Aslaug's sons. And why now? Why not ten years ago when the sons were still kids and thus less of a threat, when she could have had another decade ruling Kattegat. It made no sense whatsoever. And it was truly terrible to pretend she'd let her go and shoot her in the back. 

11 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

How can you not love that character though. This is basically their relationship in S2.

It's not very difficult,I thought he was terribly annoying and the fact that every ruler was obsessed with him one way or the other was just ridiculous. 

Oh yeah, Friday 13th. My boots got soaked through after two minutes, my hair got soaked, I have a stomach ache and I have to cancel every plan for today because I'm not exactly mobile with these shoes. 

31 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I know... 

Reveal hidden contents

I actually felt sorry for Aslaug and the timing was just wrong because Lagertha killed her at a time when it made absolutely no difference. She didn't get Ragnar back, she didn't elevate the position of her own son over Aslaug's sons. And why now? Why not ten years ago when the sons were still kids and thus less of a threat, when she could have had another decade ruling Kattegat. It made no sense whatsoever. And it was truly terrible to pretend she'd let her go and shoot her in the back. 

It's not very difficult,I thought he was terribly annoying and the fact that every ruler was obsessed with him one way or the other was just ridiculous. 

Are you saying he appears again? :wub::wub: No, don't really tell me. I still have to see that. But why wouldn't everybody adore that character - if I am thinking of the right one (?).

18 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Are you saying he appears again? :wub::wub: No, don't really tell me. I still have to see that. But why wouldn't everybody adore that character - if I am thinking of the right one (?).

This: 

7 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Not so much the character as every other characters constant inexplicable obsession with him

:agree: 

3 hours ago, felice said:

Well, those certainly belong to the Dark Side...

To use a quote Bear will appreciate- evil doesn't have to mean sloppy :P.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am sorry, but these are about the furthest away from any shoes I might ever have the intention of wearing at any point in my life. They look both uncomfortable, impractical and ugly.

Uncomfortable yes certainly, impractical, sure if you're going running, ugly, no way, they're gorgeous!.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

A Finnish friend offered me to stay with her, I will probably take her up on it. I still need to check how far from the convention centre she lives.

Otherwise, Sunny said we might hire a flat - she, AllMenMustRhyme, Fragile Bird and somebody else, not sure who now. But if I need to hire somewhere, I would actually prefer just a bed in a hostel, that is likely cheaper and I do not need much space when travelling - it is not like I want to spend time there except for sleeping.

What about you? Are you just staying for the days of the con or also a day or two before/after for sightseeing?

I did have an airbnb booked months ago. but yesterday they cancelled on me as the property is no longer available.

I was sharing with TitanCat + ManCat.  Wert and Pod.  I'm planning to be there from the 5th with Mr Pebble who will leave the day the Con starts.  (with everyone else getting here the tuesday)

so I was looking yesterday,  and I found this place that could sleep up to 16 adults  that is looking interesting.   Not sure I want to fill it with 16 people mind but a large group is really fun.  Like we had with the cabins for Archepelicon.  It really made it special.

13 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

I did have an airbnb booked months ago. but yesterday they cancelled on me as the property is no longer available.

I was sharing with TitanCat + ManCat.  Wert and Pod.  I'm planning to be there from the 5th with Mr Pebble who will leave the day the Con starts.  (with everyone else getting here the tuesday)

so I was looking yesterday,  and I found this place that could sleep up to 16 adults  that is looking interesting.   Not sure I want to fill it with 16 people mind but a large group is really fun.  Like we had with the cabins for Archepelicon.  It really made it special.

That sounds interesting, can you send me a link? Who do you want to share  with then?

Also, have you by any chance heard from maid recently?

sent you a PM Bucky.

As to who I'd share with,  responsible people I know from the board that want to share and respond in time.  If someone I know wants to claim a room with a group of their friends thats fine by me as long as they can vouch for the friends being responsible adults.

I've not heard from Maid sorry.

19 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Of course *nudge nudge*

I should hope it doesn't give me blisters :uhoh: But I'm not in the habit of *wearing* them anyway...

Not now that you're a southerner, anyway.

9 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I know... 

Reveal hidden contents

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Not so much the character as every other characters constant inexplicable obsession with him

Another reminder of why we all love Floki.

6 hours ago, Pebbles said:

No criticism intended, but this sounds like my idea of Hell.

57 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

@ab aeterno 

Reveal hidden contents

They can't possibly expect me to believe that Ragnar has been carrying around Athelstan's cross for 15 years in his back pocket, can they? 

Reveal hidden contents

:crying::bawl: this was horrible :crying: I am absolutely devastated. Poor Ragnar he didn't deserve this. 

You know, I'm not even convinced that Ragnar has pockets. Impressive he didn't lose it at sea though.

And yeah. That was the best episode in a number of seasons. Eckbert might have been the best part though. Especially given what's coming.

Archived