The Long Night's Watch - the Undead Companions of the Last Hero

LmL

2 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

In addition, we can also think of the 79 sentinels as incubating in the wall, waiting to hatch...I think it was @Seams who first suggested the idea of Others 'hatching' when the Wall cracks (like an egg), as the transformed crows break out.  I also got this idea from that delightful allegory of Jon/Ghost being pursued by the moon which then lands on him in the form of a raven, after which Jon throws the pillow against the wall, which bursting into white feathers -- evoking the Wall coming down as well as the Others hatching from it like birds.

Regarding other quotes of washing and painting associated with moons and trees, I also found this:

In this quote, the moonlight is transformative, a 'wash' conferring immortality; Melisandre herself compares it to being 'bathed in god's holy fire.'  Mel's connection to weirwoods is made here:

Ok, was meaning to bring this up too. It's easy to notice that Ghost and Bloodraven have weirwood coloring... but Mel has it too, as you highlighted here. Mel is obviously a fire moon symbol, so making a weirwood out of her pretty clearly aligns the weirwood with the fire moon. 

Azor Ahai wed the fire moon. 

The fire moon is a tree. 

Azor Ahai wed the trees. 

Nissa Nissa may be a weirwood person in some sense. 

Bran is an AA reborn in the sense that his fall from the tower depicted the moon's fall from the sky- he is the thunderbolt AND the boy struck by lightning both. And he's wedding the trees. 

OH and Cat is another AA reborn / NN reborn figure resembling a weirwood, with red hands and hair, pale white skin, red eyes ("eyes like red pits") and bloody tears. 

1 hour ago, LmL said:

Ok, was meaning to bring this up too. It's easy to notice that Ghost and Bloodraven have weirwood coloring... but Mel has it too, as you highlighted here. Mel is obviously a fire moon symbol, so making a weirwood out of her pretty clearly aligns the weirwood with the fire moon. 

Azor Ahai wed the fire moon. 

The fire moon is a tree. 

Azor Ahai wed the trees. 

Nissa Nissa may be a weirwood person in some sense. 

Bran is an AA reborn in the sense that his fall from the tower depicted the moon's fall from the sky- he is the thunderbolt AND the boy struck by lightning both. And he's wedding the trees. 

Very nice Lucifer.

So -- Lightbringer is a weirwood (person) too!

Bran is the one to 'pass the sentence' -- 'swing the sword' -- and give his life.

37 minutes ago, LmL said:

OH and Cat is another AA reborn / NN reborn figure resembling a weirwood, with red hands and hair, pale white skin, red eyes ("eyes like red pits") and bloody tears. 

All the Tullys are 'kissed by fire'!

43 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

Very nice Lucifer.

So -- Lightbringer is a weirwood (person) too!

Bran is the one to 'pass the sentence' -- 'swing the sword' -- and give his life.

All the Tullys are 'kissed by fire'!

Yes, but only in death does she gain the red pits for eyes and bloody tears - although her kissed by fire hair turns white as bone.  When she sees a Lightbringer symbol, she has eyes only for it, however:

Another of the outlaws stepped forward, a younger man in a greasy sheepskin jerkin. In his hand was Oathkeeper. “This says it is.” His voice was frosted with the accents of the north. He slid the sword from its scabbard and placed it in front of Lady Stoneheart. In the light from the firepit the red and black ripples in the blade almost seemed to move, but the woman in grey had eyes only for the pommel: a golden lion’s head, with ruby eyes that shone like two red stars.

Her own eyes are "two red pits burning in the shadows," and the only other person to have red pits for eyes is Drogon. Her "having eyes only for the pommel" with its red stars is a clever way of giving Cat red star eyes and thus a likeness to Melisandre. Perhaps Cat is closer to what Melisandre "really looks like" under her illusion, ha ha. 

Cat's voice is a wheezing death rattle, but it's also described as "a stream as cold as ice" when she says to take Oathkeeper and slay the Kingslayer.  That's a nice way of tying Cat's voice to the sword Oathkeeper, formerly known as Ice.  Her eyes are like the red stars in the pommel, her voice like the sword itself. 

As for her being the hangwoman, I am of the opinion that all the hanging references in ASOIAF are symbols of Odin and Yggdrasil, as you will all agree I am sure. So as far as Cat is a weirwood symbol, she is hanging other people - this could imply sacrificing people to the trees as in human sacrifice, or it could imply she is creating more greenseers.

1 hour ago, LmL said:

That's cause The power of Beric and Catelyn comes from the Old Gods, not the Lord of Light

13 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Hey Lost Melnibonean, great to see you, but I have to disagree emphatically. I don't often say anything with that level of certainty but here I think we can be definitive. You can argue that the Old Gods may have had an influence, but when a priest of R'hllor breathes fire down into someone and they rise with black, burning blood that lights his sword on fire - that's fire magic, not greenseer magic. Thoros specifically talks about breathing fire in him:

I have no magic child.  Only prayers.  That first time, his lordship had a hole right through him and blood in his mouth, I knew there was no hope. So when his poor torn chest stopped moving, I gave him the good god’s own kiss to send him on his way.  I filled my mouth with fire and breathed the flames down into him, down his throat to lungs and heart and soul.  The last kiss, it is called, and many a time I saw the old priests bestow it upon the lord’s servants as they died.  I had given it a time or two myself, as all priests must.  But never before had I felt a man shudder as the fire filled him, nor seen his eyes come open.  It was not me who raised him, my lady.  It was the Lord.  R’hllor is not done with him yet.  Life is warmth, and warmth is fire, and fire is God’s and God’s alone.

And then we have the words of Beric himself:

Sometimes I think I was born on the bloody grass in that grove of ash, with the taste of fire in my mouth and a hole in my chest. Are you my mother, Thoros?” 

He awakens with the taste of fire, because Thoros breathed fire into him. It's all pretty consistent. Then we have:

“Fire consumes.”  Lord Beric stood behind them, and there was something in his voice that silenced Thoros at once. “It consumes, and when it is done there is nothing left. Nothing.”

“Beric. Sweet friend.”  The priest touched the lightning lord on his forearm.  “What are you saying?”

“Nothing I have not said before.  Six times, Thoros?  Six times is too many.”  He turned away abruptly. 

Beric is clearly talking about the nature of his fire resurrections and the toll they take on him. 

Now listen, I am of the opinion that there is a level of interaction between fire magic and greenseer magic, so I am open to the idea of the weirwoods influencing what happens here. And it certainly is a mystery as to why a ritual which does not usually raise the dead suddenly raised the dead - I have several hypothetical ideas about that, once of which would be "the weirwoodnet." But the most you can say is that fire magic might be working stronger in the presence of weirwoods - and this even conflicts with the GOTHH who says Thoros will not be able to see any fire vision near the wierwood stumps. I don't know if she is right about that, but it is a problem. 

However you most certainly cannot surgically remove the fire magic from these resurrections, no sir. It is unquestionably fire magic which animates their bodies. 

ETA: I also think it's worth debating why Beric has several obvious symbolic parallels to Bloodraven - I think that is super important. But the point is not that Beric is raised by the old gods, becvasue he wasn't as I said. But consider what Beric is actually doing with his symbolism: he is combining the scarecrow-corpse-in-a-weirwood-throne symbolism of Bloodraven with the fiery sword / reborn in fire symbolism of Azor Ahai. That is the important thing - this is a clue about the original Azor Ahai being a greenseer. 

Beric himself is not important to the story. He is primarily a bunch of symbols to give hints about other things like greenseers and Azor Ahai. 

2 minutes ago, LmL said:

Hey Lost Melnibonean, great to see you, but I have to disagree emphatically. I don't often say anything with that level of certainty but here I think we can be definitive. You can argue that the Old Gods may have had an influence, but when a priest of R'hllor breathes fire down into someone and they rise with black, burning blood that lights his sword on fire - that's fire magic, not greenseer magic. Thoros specifically talks about breathing fire in him:

I have no magic child.  Only prayers.  That first time, his lordship had a hole right through him and blood in his mouth, I knew there was no hope. So when his poor torn chest stopped moving, I gave him the good god’s own kiss to send him on his way.  I filled my mouth with fire and breathed the flames down into him, down his throat to lungs and heart and soul.  The last kiss, it is called, and many a time I saw the old priests bestow it upon the lord’s servants as they died.  I had given it a time or two myself, as all priests must.  But never before had I felt a man shudder as the fire filled him, nor seen his eyes come open.  It was not me who raised him, my lady.  It was the Lord.  R’hllor is not done with him yet.  Life is warmth, and warmth is fire, and fire is God’s and God’s alone.

And then we have the words of Beric himself:

Sometimes I think I was born on the bloody grass in that grove of ash, with the taste of fire in my mouth and a hole in my chest. Are you my mother, Thoros?” 

And also:

“Fire consumes.”  Lord Beric stood behind them, and there was something in his voice that silenced Thoros at once. “It consumes, and when it is done there is nothing left. Nothing.”

“Beric. Sweet friend.”  The priest touched the lightning lord on his forearm.  “What are you saying?”

“Nothing I have not said before.  Six times, Thoros?  Six times is too many.”  He turned away abruptly. 

Now listen, I am of the opinion that there is a level of interaction between fire magic and greenseer magic, so I am open to the idea of the weirwoods influencing what happens here. But the most you can say is that fire magic is working stronger in the presence of weirwoods - and this conflicts with the GOTHH who says Thoros will not be able to see any fire vision near the wierwood stumps. I don't know if she is right about that, but it is a problem. 

However you cannot surgically remove the fire magic from these resurrections, no sir. It is unquestionably fire magic which animates their bodies. 

You know it "dawned" on me the other day that Red Raloo was nothing more than a bunch of mumbo jumbo, like voodoo. We have seen the old goods; we know they are real in ASOIAF. But what is Raloo? I think he was just made up as men sought the comfort of light (fire) in the face of the terrors of the Long Night. 

2 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

You know it "dawned" on me the other day that Red Raloo was nothing more than a bunch of mumbo jumbo, like voodoo. We have seen the old goods; we know they are real in ASOIAF. But what is Raloo? I think he was just made up as men sought the comfort of light (fire) in the face of the terrors of the Long Night. 

Well, I don't think there is a real god, no. I don't think there any such in ASOIAF. R'hllor is just the name people use to refer to fire magic.  Doesn't change the facts though - Beric and Cat were raised by fire. 

Have you read my thoughts on fiery greenseers in the Grey King and the Sea Dragon?  You might find them interesting. Like I said, I do think there is an interaction between greenseer magic and fire magic that is important.

On 1/9/2017 at 0:32 AM, LmL said:

But wouldn't we need to see the ashes of the burnt ships used in some way or something? 

I didn't find the burnt ships of the Ironborn but I did find burned ships of water aligned people who described as stars and meteors. 

"We are in part, Your Grace. Nymeria's blood is in me, along with that of Mors Martell, the Dornish lord she married. On the day they wed, Nymeria fired her ships, so her people would understand that there could be no going back. Most were glad to see those flames, for their voyagings had been long and terrible before they came to Dorne, and many and more had been lost to storm, disease, and slavery. There were a few who mourned, however. They did not love this dry red land or its seven-faced god, so they clung to their old ways, hammered boats together from the hulks of the burned ships, and became the orphans of the Greenblood. The Mother in their songs is not our Mother, but Mother Rhoyne, whose waters nourished them from the dawn of days."

- The Queen Maker, aFfC

6 minutes ago, Pain killer Jane said:

I didn't find the burnt ships of the Ironborn but I did find burned ships of water aligned people who described as stars and meteors. 

"We are in part, Your Grace. Nymeria's blood is in me, along with that of Mors Martell, the Dornish lord she married. On the day they wed, Nymeria fired her ships, so her people would understand that there could be no going back. Most were glad to see those flames, for their voyagings had been long and terrible before they came to Dorne, and many and more had been lost to storm, disease, and slavery. There were a few who mourned, however. They did not love this dry red land or its seven-faced god, so they clung to their old ways, hammered boats together from the hulks of the burned ships, and became the orphans of the Greenblood. The Mother in their songs is not our Mother, but Mother Rhoyne, whose waters nourished them from the dawn of days."

- The Queen Maker, aFfC

AAAHHHHHHH, very nice. The remnants of the burning ships became the people of the greenblood. In other words, the burning ship / burning tree gives people access to the greenblood, makes them into greenseers, etc. The old ways - the ways of the old gods which produced the hammer of the waters - the meteor shower that set the weirwoods on fire somehow. Nice one - that will go in my green sea / greenseer / green fire section. 

Nymeria and her 10,000 ships is definitely a symbol of the meteor shower. Nymeria ia very much a morningstar figure, I believe, with a prominent star in the sky, the child of the nation of the sun (Rhoynar = sun sigil) who leads her people somewhere new. She also lands in most of the places we find black stone or meteor clues.  Yeen. Basilisk isles. The arm of Dorne. It's pretty funny actually. Why didn't she go and see the Seastone Chair as well?  Too far? LoL. So yeah, she lands on the arm of Dorne, right at Sunspear, and burns her ships. Classic. Her meteor women immediately couple with the natives and create a new people, just as the meteors seem to do everywhere they land. 

12 minutes ago, LmL said:

AAAHHHHHHH, very nice. The remnants of the burning ships became the people of the greenblood. In other words, the burning ship / burning tree gives people access to the greenblood, makes them into greenseers, etc. The old ways - the ways of the old gods which produced the hammer of the waters - the meteor shower that set the weirwoods on fire somehow. Nice one - that will go in my green sea / greenseer / green fire section. 

Happy to help as always. 

Since the river is named Greenblood that connects them to the Green Fork where the green coloring leeches in from the moss and thus can be considered green blood. And orphans should conjure up images of the Orphans at the Inn and thus link them as children but we know they aren't children. What I find also interesting is that the quote mentions that the Orphans of the Greenblood are followers of Mother Rhyone and the Orphans at the Inn are protected by the Brotherhood without Banners, who are followers of R'hllor and are lead by Lady Stoneheart. Didn't we have a discussion on how Mother Rhyone in her vengeful aspect are is echoed by Lady Stoneheart? 

Another thing that maybe a stretch is that the Orphans live on barges which links them with the crannogmen, the Dothraki, the whores of Braavos and the Fisher Queens of the Silver Sea. 

14 minutes ago, Pain killer Jane said:

Happy to help as always. 

Since the river is named Greenblood that connects them to the Green Fork where the green coloring leeches in from the moss and thus can be considered green blood. And orphans should conjure up images of the Orphans at the Inn and thus link them as children but we know they aren't children. What I find also interesting is that the quote mentions that the Orphans of the Greenblood are followers of Mother Rhyone and the Orphans at the Inn are protected by the Brotherhood without Banners, who are followers of R'hllor and are lead by Lady Stoneheart. Didn't we have a discussion on how Mother Rhyone in her vengeful aspect are is echoed by Lady Stoneheart? 

Another thing that maybe a stretch is that the Orphans live on barges which links them with the crannogmen, the Dothraki, the whores of Braavos and the Fisher Queens of the Silver Sea. 

No that's not a stretch at all, the river barges are very important symbolically of course. They are the ferrymen, just as the cotf are the enablers of Bran's wedding the trees, and just like the squirrel that runs up and down Yggdrasil bearing communication from the snake to the eagle. The barges are also symbols of a floating or submerged moon - a moon in the water. The pleasure barges especially - the black pearl, the moon shadow, etc. Fisher Queens, same deal. Floating moon stuff. Some like theFisher Queens emphasize floating in the sky, in the sea of stars, while some emphasize the moon landing in the real ocean or mud, creating sea dragons and mud people or whatever. The Crannogmen show us a meteor (symbolized by Moat Cailin and the idea of the Hammer dropping on the Neck) landing in the mud - a dragonfly in the reeds if you will. In the scene where Areo Hotah emerges from the poleboat and beheads Ser Arys, there is a dragonfly among the reeds and the head of Arys falling into the greenblod - the green blood swallowed the red was the line.  

And yes, that's interesting that the two groups of Orphans serve a female solar deity in a sense. 

27 minutes ago, Pain killer Jane said:

Thank you for these. 

Sure -- but it's really LmL who has to catch up with his gardening though...you already have green fingers (or should I say lime-washed by moonlight?)  

While we're on the subject of the lime-and-wicker (Nissa Nissa as tree), I also wanted to return to this excellent point of yours, regarding the wicker shield (or weirwood...'weir' is a dam or shield, after all) of the Gipps wife being analogous to Athena's 'aegis':

On 1/8/2017 at 9:09 PM, Pain killer Jane said:

And the wicker shield is akin to Lyanna's shield with the laughing weirwood tree and thus both being carried by women would be Athena and her aegis. 

A brief summary ( Our friend Niebieski -- @Blue Tiger -- can provide us the long version :P):

The aegis is a shield carried primarily by Zeus in Greek mythology, which he sometimes lent to Athena. According to other sources, it was not a shield but rather an animal skin worn over the garments of the gods as extra protection. It bore the head of a Gorgon and made a terrible roaring sound during the battle. The aegis was forged by the Cyclopes in Hephaestus’ forge, and had golden serpent-like scales and a Gorgon’s head rolling its eyes. In some texts, it was mentioned that when Zeus would shake the aegis, clouds would cover Mount Ida and men would hide in fear.

In Greek, the word aegis has various meanings, including a violent windstorm, a divine shield, and a goatskin garment.

Aegis Is also called Aigis.

From: http://www.greekmythology.com/Myths/Elements/Aegis/aegis.html

What's interesting for our context of interpretation is that the 'aegis'-- denoting the armor or shield of a god -- is described as an animal skin worn by the gods -- which sounds to me like skinchanging!  So we have a woman's wicker shield compared to Athena's aegis which is compared to a skin, and therefore skinchanging, as well as dragons (the gorgon head that roars). So weirwood tree as carnivorous plant again -- which Bran marries and skinchanges in the act of greenseeing, becoming Azor Ahai and Azor Ahai reborn=LH in one.  In line with Bran symbolically wielding the aegis, another connotation thereof includes 'a violent windstorm,' which is fitting considering Bran and his namesake(s) are associated with mastering the elements, specifically wind.

The World of Ice and Fire - Ancient History: The Dawn Age

The giants had no kings and no lords, made no homes save in caverns or beneath tall trees, and they worked neither metal nor fields. They remained creatures of the Dawn Age even as the ages passed them by, men grew ever more numerous, and the forests were tamed and dwindled. Now the giants are gone even in the lands beyond the Wall, and the last reports of them are more than a hundred years old. And even those are dubious—tales that rangers of the Watch might tell over a warm fire. The children of the forest were, in many ways, the opposites of the giants. As small as children but dark and beautiful, they lived in a manner we might call crude today, yet they were still less barbarous than the giants. They worked no metal, but they had great art in working obsidian (what the smallfolk call dragonglass, while the Valyrians knew it by a word meaning "frozen fire") to make tools and weapons for hunting. They wove no cloths but were skilled in making garments of leaves and bark. They learned to make bows of weirwood and to construct flying snares of grass, and both of the sexes hunted with these.

Their song and music was said to be as beautiful as they were, but what they sang of is not remembered save in small fragments handed down from ancient days. Maester Childer's Winter's Kings, or the Legends and Lineages of the Starks of Winterfell contains a part of a ballad alleged to tell of the time Brandon the Builder sought the aid of the children while raising the Wall. He was taken to a secret place to meet with them, but could not at first understand their speech, which was described as sounding like the song of stones in a brook, or the wind through leaves, or the rain upon the water. The manner in which Brandon learned to comprehend the speech of the children is a tale in itself, and not worth repeating here. But it seems clear that their speech originated, or drew inspiration from, the sounds they heard every day.

12 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

A brief summary ( Our friend Niebieski -- @Blue Tiger -- can provide us the long version

I'm not nearly as interested in Greek and Roman mythologies as I am when it comes to Norse, Celtic, Irish etc. stuff ;) - Don't misunderstand me - I know them quite well (I took part in few contests when I was in my primary school, and I still remember much), but they're not as enjoyable for me.

I'm sick - since Friday - but that has some positive aspects as well. My 2 weeks long winter holidays from school begin on this Friday, so I have plenty of time to read and post here - you can expect more Norse myth stuff.

The weirwood as Nissa lines up with several things. Azor Ahai forging LB in NN could be George's version of Gram being stuck in the Branstok tree. It also lines up with the Grey King myth - the thunderbolt is the Lightbringer meteor, and it gets stuck in the tree. 

Essentially, the process is repeated: the comet sticks in Nissa Nissa the fire moon in the sky, and the Lightbinger the reborn sunfire-fertilized moon meteor sticks in Nissa Nissa the weirwood on the planet. 

I'll also return to the prologue scene once again (is it safe?) to point out the broken sword of Waymar the last hero stand in. After being broken, like the last hero's sword, it appears as twisted as a tree struck by lightning. That equates the broken sword fo the last hero with the tree set on fire with the thunderbolt pretty nicely, and thus equates weirwoods and Lightbringer, which I believe is strongly tied to the broken sword symbol. 

It also lines up with my notion that both wierwood and Lightbringer (meteor and sword) stand for the fire of the gods. 

16 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

What's interesting for our context of interpretation is that the 'aegis'-- denoting the armor or shield of a god -- is described as an animal skin worn by the gods -- which sounds to me like skinchanging!  So we have a woman's wicker shield compared to Athena's aegis which is compared to a skin, and therefore skinchanging, as well as dragons (the gorgon head that roars). So weirwood tree as carnivorous plant again -- which Bran marries and skinchanges in the act of greenseeing, becoming Azor Ahai and Azor Ahai reborn=LH in one

Yes I think you maybe right on the skinchanging. Remember that Huzhor Amai was also said to wear the cloak of the King of the Hairy Men. And we shouldn't forget that Euron is running with armor made from Valyrian Steel and therefore is reminiscent of Balon Blackskin. 

And in this sense we can't forget the other two wives of Huzhor Amai, the Cymmeri wife that made armor for him and the Zoqora wife who drove his chariot (remember that the word Rook derives from Rohk the Persian word for chariot, one thing I did find out is that there is a cousin to Ravens and Crows named Rook. They are dark blue in sunlight with white skin. And they are the source for the word Rookery). 

29 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

In line with Bran symbolically wielding the aegis, another connotation thereof includes 'a violent windstorm,' which is fitting considering Bran and his namesake(s) are associated with mastering the elements, specifically wind.

15 minutes ago, LmL said:

'll also return to the prologue scene once again (is it safe?) to point out the broken sword of Waymar the last hero stand in. After being broken, like the last hero's sword, it appears as twisted as a tree struck by lightning. That equates the broken sword fo the last hero with the tree set on fire with the thunderbolt pretty nicely, and thus equates weirwoods and Lightbringer, which I believe is strongly tied to the broken sword symbol. 

It also lines up with my notion that both wierwood and Lightbringer (meteor and sword) stand for the fire of the gods.

In the Japanese Imperial Regalia, there is the sword called Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi (grass-cutter sword) but was originally called Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi ( "Sword of the Gathering Clouds of Heaven"). The Storm god found it in the tail of the dead eight-headed dragon then he gave it to his sister the Sun-goddess, who he had insulted and then she presented it to her grandson the first Emperor of Japan. 

38 minutes ago, Blue Tiger said:

I'm not nearly as interested in Greek and Roman mythologies as I am when it comes to Norse, Celtic, Irish etc. stuff

I was wondering if you could help with sussing out Fafnir's legend in relation to Tyrion and AA? And thank you for the research you provide. Oh and I was wondering if you were familiar with the Jurate and Kastytis legend as there is surprising little on the legend on the net. 

43 minutes ago, Blue Tiger said:

I'm sick - since Friday

I hope you feel better soon!  :)

38 minutes ago, LmL said:

The weirwood as Nissa lines up with several things. Azor Ahai forging LB in NN could be George's version of Gram being stuck in the Branstok tree. It also lines up with the Grey King myth - the thunderbolt is the Lightbringer meteor, and it gets stuck in the tree. 

Essentially, the process is repeated: the comet sticks in Nissa Nissa the fire moon in the sky, and the Lightbinger the reborn sunfire-fertilized moon meteor sticks in Nissa Nissa the weirwood on the planet. 

Nice citing of the mirroring: 'as above; so below.'

I'll also return to the prologue scene once again (is it safe?) to point out the broken sword of Waymar the last hero stand in. After being broken, like the last hero's sword, it appears as twisted as a tree struck by lightning. That equates the broken sword fo the last hero with the tree set on fire with the thunderbolt pretty nicely, and thus equates weirwoods and Lightbringer, which I believe is strongly tied to the broken sword symbol. 

Yes, and Bran is the broken boy (as @The Fattest Leech has pointed out, 'Bran' is a broken 'Bran(ch)'!)  'A broken sword can be reforged' -- does that imply again that Bran is to be burnt like firewood/wicker?

4 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

does that imply again that Bran is to be burnt like firewood/wicker?

It seems like it since he was compared to a bale of hay and he was being carried around in a wicker basket. Now I wonder if he will be burned literally on fire or burned as in betrayed? Because BR is looking more and more like Loki bound by the entrails of his son with poison dripping on his face and Bran seems like Prometheus bound with a bird pecking at him.  

Archived