Mark Antony

Denis Villenueve to direct Dune

Did Richard Jordan really embody Duncan Idaho either back in the Lynch version? 

Also, he's not really a big deal in the first book, and, even if the movie is so successful they decide to adapt the whole series, I suspect there will be such massive to changes to the other books that who even knows if Idaho would be in those movies. Or what role he'd play.

12 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Come on, they're picking a guy who gets cloned as the ultimate human for 2000 years and becomes a sex God later. 

Who else?

IDK, Pascal? I just can’t see Momoa pulling off the material for books 2-4, specially the Alia storyline and the Leto one.

For the 5th and 6th I guess they could change the actor, wasn’t that ghola supposed To be younger than the previous ones? 

54 minutes ago, Nicomo Cosca said:

I really can’t see him as Idaho, kinda dissapointed actually. I’ll just have to trust Villeneuve on this one.

I wish someone like Benicio del Toro, Viggo Mortensen or Pedro Pascal would’ve been cast as Idaho tbh

Anyway, I wish they get Charles Dance to play The Emperor :P

Basically, you want a Duncan with a TON of swagger? :lol:

Who else but Momoa can kill 19 Sardaukar. ;)

Piter De Vries has been cast! The article doesn't mention it, but this guy was in Blade Runner 2049 and Prisoners as well.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/legendary-dune-david-dastmalchian-1202560175/

Very pleasantly surprised to see Brolin here. I'm not so pleasantly surprised at Momoa, but I'm sure Villeneuve knows his stuff

There's simply no way this film series is more than the first book so Duncan is a fairly meteoric part. Momoa will be fine. 

I think Cam Gigandet would make a good Feyd Rautha.  Admittedly, he'll be 37 this year but has boyish good looks and is in top notch shape.  Plus he's shown throughout his career he has decent range.  Any takers?

I'd very much prefer an actor closer to Timothee Chalamet for Feyd, someone still in his twenties. Also, contrary to how Feyd was portrayed in the existing adaptations, he is dark haired. I can't think of any actors off the top of my head.

2 minutes ago, Bael's Bastard said:

Is it too much to hope that none of that McDune bullshit makes it into the film?

Haha, I don't know but MCDUNE! I love that and am going to use it later today.

Filming has begun. And in additional casting news, looks like Chang Chen will be playing Dr. Yueh.

I saw earlier today that Hans Zimmer will be scoring the film. He does Big Epic Movie exceedingly well, so I think he's a great choice.

Discussing who to cast as Thufir, I was musing Rami Malek. It would cement the casting as a who's who of actors-of-the-moment, but he can pull off the "unblinking human computer" thing very well.