Which non-POV character would you most like to read from their POV and why?

TheSeer27

52 minutes ago, talvikorppi said:

Ah, you've just persuaded me!  I don't normally care much for the Ironborn but your Reader impression makes me want to read him now.

As others have said, Varys and LF would give away too much but a Tyrrel POV could be nice... Willas? Away from all the scheming in KL, giving us a perspective on the family and the Reach.

Also, a wildling POV could be nice... Tormund, and his secret feelings of inadequacy as regards his member, but also wildling "politics", culture... Just to get to know someone north of the Wall better, their experiences, insights, feelings.

I'm not big on the Ironborn myself but I do have a definite affection for their token bookworm and his niece. :D

Willas would be fantastic! He wouldn't give away too much of what the others are plotting but we could get his take on the shemes. What he thought of Marg marrying Renly. What he thought of Marg marrying Joff. Whether he suggested it might be safer for Tommen if he didn't marry Marg.

I would totally read a Tormund POV!

How about a Missandei chapter? It would probably read like, "Dear diary, I'm only a child, but I feel as though everyone around me is an idiot. Learn another language for the love of the Harpy! Wait, I didn't mean that. This one is happy to serve."

Also, yes, a Tyrell chapter would be great. Just to see what is really going on in their scheming minds.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Bowen Marsh said:

Walder Frey

He's more interesting to read than Jon and Sansa.  Kill off those two and give us Lord Walder's pov instead.  I love his wit and humor.  He's the funniest person in the books.

more interesting than Jon and Sansa? I get Sansa has some stupid moments, but Jon? Would think you would have went with like Victarion or Damphair, or Brienne. Wouldn't mind getting rid of some of those chapters imo.

Plus, Idk if readers wanna read about an old man canoodling some poor young girl lol

30 minutes ago, TheSeer27 said:

more interesting than Jon and Sansa? I get Sansa has some stupid moments, but Jon? Would think you would have went with like Victarion or Damphair, or Brienne. Wouldn't mind getting rid of some of those chapters imo.

Plus, Idk if readers wanna read about an old man canoodling some poor young girl lol

Jon annoys me.  I don't like the guy.  I do like Walder.  He's a charming old dude.  I would prefer to read the pov from a funny old fart like Walder.  The story is better served if George keeps Walder alive.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Bowen Marsh said:

Jon annoys me.  I don't like the guy.  I do like Walder.  He's a charming old dude.  I would prefer to read the pov from a funny old fart like Walder.  The story is better served if George keeps Walder alive.

lol I c. I def agree that Walder is very comical. What few lines he had cracked me up.

8 hours ago, PrinceHenryris said:

Bloodraven knows too much so I wouldn't want that.  Wait, kinda scratch that, I'd love it if the epilogue to the last book was Bloodraven giving us all a recap/flash-forward. 

Remember when Bran first meets BR, that BR's memory is kind of....wierd?  He remembers who he is, but he talks about himself as if his was a life lead 1,000 years before.

If the POV was like that-not a detailed recall of memories but more of a smattering of memories here and there, that might allow us plenty of clues without any outright reveals.

As some have already said : the Reader, Robb in the Westerlands and Margaery (well, I'd love to have her POV, but while I think her relatively innocent of Tyrell conspiracy knowledge it's possible that she knows too much).

Oberyn - fighter, lover, poet, maester, warrior, philospher, historian etc. ...seeing his thoughts would be awesome.

I'd also like a POV from any one of Essossi cultures that Dany interacts with - a Dortharki POV, a Meereenese POV or maybe a Qarthen POV. Oh, and Dolorous Edd's POV would have been absolutely hilarious.

On 3/18/2017 at 10:18 AM, Aetta said:

Remember when Bran first meets BR, that BR's memory is kind of....wierd?  He remembers who he is, but he talks about himself as if his was a life lead 1,000 years before.

If the POV was like that-not a detailed recall of memories but more of a smattering of memories here and there, that might allow us plenty of clues without any outright reveals.

And they are interspersed with visions from the weirwoods and dragon dreams. Keep us guessing the whole time!

3 hours ago, Knight Of Winter said:

Oberyn - fighter, lover, poet, maester, warrior, philospher, historian etc. ...seeing his thoughts would be awesome.

I'd also like a POV from any one of Essossi cultures that Dany interacts with - a Dortharki POV, a Meereenese POV or maybe a Qarthen POV. Oh, and Dolorous Edd's POV would have been absolutely hilarious.

Oberyn would be good, but only if his thought live up to his actions. It would be so easy to find out he's not nearly as awesome as he looks from the outside. I'd hate for that to happen. On the other hand, he may have the most badass mind in the series and if so I would hate to miss that. Okay, I vote yes!

Dolorous Edd's comedic effect and charm work at the level we have. I'm not sure it would be as good if we had his internal monologue. Might actually get depressing.

As "breaking of chains" has been central to Dany's narrative I would really like to have a POV chapter from either Missandei or Grey Worm. Dany has had an enormous effect on both of their lives it would have been interesting to see the Meereen storyline through their eyes. On top of this it would be great to have characters not from Westeros as POV's 

As others have said LF and Varys simply know to much to be POV characters. This is somewhat true for Melisandre as well but her chapter came late in the story and I think GRRM felt a lot of the fandom had misinterpreted her and wanted to set the records straight by having the character tell us directly what her motivations are. 

Archived