MLB 2017: The House That Bones Built

Myshkin

That Mariners Red Sox game was nuts. When they went down a run in the top of the 13th, I thought for sure they were done, but there isn't much in the way of quit in this team. Not looking forward to getting the boots put to us tomorrow by Sale.

8 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Brett Gardner's clutch hitting and game-winning homers this season are slowly becoming the stuff of legend.

I'm so pumped that he's still with the team. I would have called you a liar if you told me back in 2009 that he'd still be with the them in 2017.

On 7/28/2017 at 8:06 AM, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I'm so pumped that he's still with the team. I would have called you a liar if you told me back in 2009 that he'd still be with the them in 2017.

Undoubtedly.  Then, if you told me he'd be having his best season at 33, I'd think you're crazy (or mention roids).  Had a walkoff single today, ho hum...

Might as well use this wasted post....

Looks like the Sonny Gray to Yanks deal is really heating up, according to multiple tweets (and a Rosenthal facebook post).  I am a huge prospect hugger, but the only one it appears they'll be losing that bothers me is Florial, who's at least three years away.  Hope this gets done!

So, the Yanks end up with Jaime Garcia anyway.  For Zach Littell and Dietrich Enns.  The Yanks got Littell from Seattle over the offseason for James Pazos, and he's been outstanding this year.  Still, he'd probably be ranked right around Ynoa, the guy the Twins gave up for Garcia last week - the latter has a higher ceiling while Littell is much more of a sure thing.  Plus they got Enns because he's basically 40 man clutter for the Yanks.  Not a bad turnaround for the Twins.

Everybody is saying this doesn't take the Yanks out of the Gray sweepstakes, but obviously there's much less urgency now.  If they still get him - without giving up Torres, Frazier, Adams, Sheffield - I will be a very happy camper.

31 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

So, the Yanks end up with Jaime Garcia anyway.  For Zach Littell and Dietrich Enns.  The Yanks got Littell from Seattle over the offseason for James Pazos, and he's been outstanding this year.  Still, he'd probably be ranked right around Ynoa, the guy the Twins gave up for Garcia last week - the latter has a higher ceiling while Littell is much more of a sure thing.  Plus they got Enns because he's basically 40 man clutter for the Yanks.  Not a bad turnaround for the Twins.

Everybody is saying this doesn't take the Yanks out of the Gray sweepstakes, but obviously there's much less urgency now.  If they still get him - without giving up Torres, Frazier, Adams, Sheffield - I will be a very happy camper.

Even though Gray is under contract for a few more seasons I think I would prefer Lance Lynn. 

I think the cheap control for two more years is more important, especially next year when they're gonna try to get under the tax.  Depending on Tanaka, they have 2-3 rotation spots to fill.  With cheap Gray, it gives them more options on where to spend the ~ $45 million they'll have before hitting the tax (if Tanaka does not opt out).  I also think Gray is simply better.

19 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

I think the cheap control for two more years is more important, especially next year when they're gonna try to get under the tax.  Depending on Tanaka, they have 2-3 rotation spots to fill.  With cheap Gray, it gives them more options on where to spend the ~ $45 million they'll have before hitting the tax (if Tanaka does not opt out).  I also think Gray is simply better.

All of those things are important and I agree that Gray is better than Lynn but he comes with the same set of health concerns that Tanaka has. 

11 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

All of those things are important and I agree that Gray is better than Lynn but he comes with the same set of health concerns that Tanaka has. 

True.  Dems the risks though.  If a controllable pitcher doesn't have those type of concerns (or hasn't already had TJ), they're likely not going to be available anyway.

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Shut up Yankee fans.

Adrian Beltre got his 3000th hit today. Love that guy. 

I do!  Quite happy I've seen all of his career - and that he was only on the Sawx for a very short time.  He is extremely underrated with the mainstream press, which is a shame.  Amazing glove - which was perhaps even more underappreciated - for so long.

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Shut up Yankee fans.

Adrian Beltre got his 3000th hit today. Love that guy. 

Everyone loves the guy. Adrian Beltre might be one of the most universally loved players in the game. The only think I don't like about it is he got 3000 a day too early, seeing him get it off of Felix (who is basically his best friend) tomorrow would have been great.

Great deal for the Dodgers to get Darvish for Calhoun. Happy they stuck to their guns and didn't give up Buehler, Verdugo, or Alvarez. Also like the flock of Tonys we picked up today.

As a Dodger fan I hate the Yanks, but right now I hate David Price's Sawks more, so I like seeing them make moves to put the Sawks in their rear view mirror. Hopefully the Sawks overreact and pick up Verlander and all his money after he clears waivers.

Archived