Jump to content
Wolfgang I

DUBLIN 2019: An Irish Worldcon August 15-19 2019

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Because the Irish government has disallowed air b&bs? I thought that's what I read, am I wrong?

They banned some classes of rentals, but not all. You are still allowed to do short-term rentals provided they are your primary residence (i.e. no buying up homes/apartments for the purpose of AirBnB-type rental) and provided it's not for more than 14 days consecutively, or 90 days in total per year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have upgraded my membership and my hotel in Belfast is booked. What I need to do now is book a Dublin hotel and my flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Because the Irish government has disallowed air b&bs? I thought that's what I read, am I wrong?

And do you have any space available?

I've just sent a message to my host to see if we are effected.  

 

I don't have space at present unless you can convince someone to share a double bed.

 

edit  - I still have the place no problems

Edited by Pebble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hotels booked for both Dublin (Clayton) and Belfast (Hilton) - just need to sort out my Eurocon membership and flights.

I may be doing some side day trip stuff on the Mon/Tues between cons.

Can't wait to see you all. \m/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 6:26 PM, Fragile Bird said:

I have upgraded my membership and my hotel in Belfast is booked. What I need to do now is book a Dublin hotel and my flight.

 

It looks like I may have a spare bed available now, if your interested?  Should know for certain within a day or two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pebble said:

 

It looks like I may have a spare bed available now, if your interested?  Should know for certain within a day or two

I would, I would!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TitanCon - EuroCon 2019 memberships are back on sale

 

https://www.titancon.com/2019/index.php

 

Prices rise on the 25th of Feb.

and those with supporting memberships have until 30th March to upgrade to full membership (or they won't hold membership space for you.  we have a membership cap)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pebble said:

TitanCon - EuroCon 2019 memberships are back on sale

 

https://www.titancon.com/2019/index.php

 

Prices rise on the 25th of Feb.

and those with supporting memberships have until 30th March to upgrade to full membership (or they won't hold membership space for you.  we have a membership cap)

Pebble, I received an e-mail from you which I now cannot find. Was that a confirmation of a supporting membership? We didn't buy full memberships in Helsinki, did we?

eta: there's no list on the website of supporting members like Worldcon does, is there?

Edited by Fragile Bird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Pebble, I received an e-mail from you which I now cannot find. Was that a confirmation of a supporting membership? We didn't buy full memberships in Helsinki, did we?

 

you need to e-mail  [email protected]  they will be able to look you up and confirm what you paid and when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 5:24 PM, Pebble said:

Prices rise on the 25th of Feb.

 

Here are the details:
 

Ticket for Adult Attending (now £52.00) from 25 February: £65.00
Ticket for Young Adult Attending (now £36.50) from 25 February: £40.00
Ticket for Child Attending (now £21.00) from 25 February: £25.00
 
Supporting Upgrade now and up to 30 March £42.00 
Supporting upgrade is not available after 30 March!
 
Bid packer upgrades: Those who supported our original EuroCon bid at the special "Bid Backer" rate can upgrade to an Attending Membership via the Grenadine site for TitanCon 2019. As a Bid Backer you are entitled to a reduced Attending upgrade fee of £26. Please follow the instructions sent to you by email. If you have not received this email, please contact us by emailing [email protected]
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 5:58 PM, Pebble said:

 

you need to e-mail  [email protected]  they will be able to look you up and confirm what you paid and when.

Pebble, I sent my e-mail. This is the response I got: Yes, you have a supporting membership, that was actually a bid supporter converted at Helsinki to supporting membership. So you need to upgrade to a full membership.

But when I go to the membership page there is no category of Bid Backer with a reduced rate. And no link in my e-mail response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Pebble, I sent my e-mail. This is the response I got: Yes, you have a supporting membership, that was actually a bid supporter converted at Helsinki to supporting membership. So you need to upgrade to a full membership.

But when I go to the membership page there is no category of Bid Backer with a reduced rate. And no link in my e-mail response. 

E-mail them back again and ask how you upgrade.   Memberships are not my area.  I will pass this on however.

 

I'm going to bed right now so can't chase up immediately.

 

 

Edit.  - I believe you have now been contacted by our membership people and given a workable solution.

 

Edited by Pebble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 6:48 PM, Fragile Bird said:

Because the Irish government has disallowed air b&bs? I thought that's what I read, am I wrong?

And do you have any space available?

My husband and I have a triple room for Dublin, and it's currently just us two, so we have room for a third. I'll message you privately with the details for you to consider. :)

Edit: looks like you don't take messages here, so here's the information to consider:

We got a triple accommodation so we had the possibility of finding someone to share with, and thus share the costs.

Here are the details:

Think about if this would work for you. Also, we're not big on partying or drinking and such (I'm actually here for the conversation, what?), but you wouldn't need to keep the same hours as us if you enjoy being out late. We plan to have a lazy breakfast in the mornings at the hotel because I'm not quick to move in the mornings either, lol.

We could meet virtually beforehand too if you want to meet us before saying yes; we use skype and google hangouts. We also happen to live in the Netherlands, so we may be a few hours ahead of you. :D

Let me know if this sounds good to you and if you have any questions.

Thanks! ~Nikki

Edited by Lil Red Head
more information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lil Red Head said:

I meant to ask earlier: will there be a BWB tshirt for this Worldcon? If so I'd like to get on the list please. Thank you!

I've not heard anything,

 

but there will be an awesome TitanCon one.   although that won't be just BwB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×