MLB 2017: Jim Rice Tells CC Sabathia to Mix in a Salad

Manhole Eunuchsbane

5 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Maybe the Cubs don't actually win it all again this year, but Dusty and the Nats are proving they're absolutely not...

How long do we have to wait before we can call it the Curse of Montreal?

17 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Think Tito is second guessing this short rest thing? 

I'm more curious about how Girardi is feeling right now, knowing that this could have been a series clincher, if only...

ETA: Why is Chase Headley playing in a baseball game? Who thought that was a good idea?

19 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Huh, I'd always thought the Expos mascot was a handful of fries covered in gravy and half formed cheese blobs.

ETA: Maybe I'm thinking of the Blue Jays.

ETA2: Nope, just checked. The Jays' mascot is a bottle of maple syrup.

Well, happy at least that Game 2 taste is out of my mouth.  Now the Baby Boomers can go into next season thinking they took the Steamers to 5 games in spite of their manager costing them a game.  Kluber and Miller both on well-rested is gonna be tough.

Great series for Bird, great to see him contributing.  Very happy to see Sevy bounce back, that's important for next year - and Kahnle has justified himself.  I hope yesterday wasn't Tanaka's last start as a Yank but if they don't advance I expect it will be.  On to the Cubs or maybe the Dodgers, but if so that was quite a final act.  On Judge, I think around half his strikeouts would have been walks in the regular season.  Be interesting to look up how many 3-2 counts he's had in the series.

If Cleveland does advance, I'll be rooting for them cuz I kinda like them.  I think tonight's game demonstrated Tito should stop being cute and put Kipnis back at second.  Action Jackson is just as good a bat as the kid they apparently fell in love with at third, and it's obviously better defensively.  

Archived