Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

It doesn’t have to make sense, that is one of the show’s fundamental and more jarring flaws. That’s why there’s no point looking at the leaks and trying to make sense of any of it. 

Just now, TheFirstofHerName said:

I am thinking along the same lines.  He must realize she poses a threat to the Stark family and so he chooses to stay with the pack.

the pack only half of him belongs to

22 minutes ago, Nami said:

Some people seem to confuse being ruthless with being mad.
Aegon the Conqueror was ruthless with his foes. Dany too. Aerys was insane. His decisions were cruel and his actions with himself, his family and court were insane.

There’s a big difference between being ruthless and wanton cruelty. I certainly am not confusing ruthlessness or cruelty with madness. Cruel actions can be perceived as evil for people who are at the receiving end. And if Dany comes all fire and blood to Westeros (which many book readers suspect she will) her actions will be perceived as evil and wrong by many who don’t support her cause.

25 minutes ago, divica said:

However if jon takes the throne with her as his queen it would end any potential fight and make most of the suposed great lords (basically stark friends) happy. Even danny should be somewhat happy. She can t exactly make people kneel if they don t want… This way she gets to be queen, marry a man she loves and get peace...

Ok, so you want Dany to turn into AGOT Sansa?

23 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Has “cruel, destructive, and merciless” become the same as “batshit crazy”? Just what counts as “crazy” here? 

Did you read my post before responding? Did I say Dany goes batshit crazy? Gosh! read before you respond.

13 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

I was a member of a LOST forum, with people debating characters (gaaaah the Locke fan drove me nuts), and there was stuff about leaks and spoilers, etc... etc... Most people started to drop out during the season of the time jumping craziness. My favourite was Desmond and his Penny story, a second one was Saywyer finding stability with Juliette. That last season was a bit nuts and while I was ok with it, because of characterisation, I totally get why the mythos answer didn't satisfy, especially with the purgatory finale.

The good ole days.  I do think the writer's strike that gave us interruptus didn't help either.  Thats when they did a shortened season, and then their race to the end.  I still give them all way more credit for actual stories each episode. 

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

The good ole days.  I do think the writer's strike that gave us interruptus didn't help either.  Thats when they did a shortened season, and then their race to the end.  I still give them all way more credit for actual stories each episode. 

Absolutely!

Just now, Lollygag said:

Ok, so you want Dany to turn into AGOT Sansa?

I want her to not want to burn people and go to war because of a slight diference in power.

If she didn t love jon it would be one thing. If she loves him she can just marry him and let him be king so that everybody is happy and she is his queen. If jon names her his hand or gives her more powers than Queens usually have it wouldn t be much diferente to her...

2 minutes ago, azor_ahaiii said:

What's your point? He'd have to choose between the Starks and Dany sooner or later and it's obvious who he'd stand with.

My point is that he's half Tag and "in love" with Dany. I don't think he should straight up murder her because his cousins have their panties in a twist over her.

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

It doesn’t have to make sense, that is one of the show’s fundamental and more jarring flaws. That’s why there’s no point looking at the leaks and trying to make sense of any of it. 

BAZINGA!!  I look at them, I just don't really look for sense.

On another note, I'm looking at their replay of 3 on HBO right now, and I think...it might be a hair more visible?  Anyone else peeking in? 

1 minute ago, Nami said:

My point is that he's half Tag and "in love" with Dany. I don't think he should straight up murder her because his cousins have their panties in a twist over her.

That's a really dumb way of interpreting the situation

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

On another note, I'm looking at their replay of 3 on HBO right now, and I think...it might be a hair more visible?  Anyone else peeking in? 

I just can t watch that shit again. I just can t...

But with all discussion about jon killing danny.

Is the show going to sell that jon is the prince that was promised because he has the song of ice and fire. As in he has to defeat the others and danny ? 

12 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

True, sadly enough. Can't help my brain trying to make sense of it, but ultimately it doesn't.

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

When I got home from work I saw HBO had all 3 eps on, one after the other, before the airing of ep 4. I couldn’t be bothered though... watching Backdraft while I wait. Rather watch an old film than put myself though 803 again! :lol:

2 minutes ago, azor_ahaiii said:

That's a really dumb way of interpreting the situation

Not really. Neither danny nor the starks have any reason to want to fight each other besides petiness. why wouldn t jon be able to demove danny from killing either sansa or arya?

Archived