Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Tywin Lannister would like a word.  He may not have been 'forgiven' by the people, but he sure as hell continued to be just as successful and powerful as he was before he sacked KL. 

Wouldn't this be different than burning the city to ashes (along with its inhabitants) by dragonfire and potentially killing whoever else with unsullied? 

I guess I'm primarily trying to come up with a reason Jon might feel she needs to be 'put down'. 

2 minutes ago, divica said:

However if jon takes the throne with her as his queen it would end any potential fight and make most of the suposed great lords (basically stark friends) happy. Even danny should be somewhat happy. She can t exactly make people kneel if they don t want… This way she gets to be queen, marry a man she loves and get peace...

Maybe, I just don't think this scenario will ever happen. 

Some people seem to confuse being ruthless with being mad.
Aegon the Conqueror was ruthless with his foes. Dany too. Aerys was insane. His decisions were cruel and his actions with himself, his family and court were insane.

1 minute ago, Red Dragon10 said:

Maybe, I just don't think this scenario will ever happen. 

It won t happen because they are making the characters behave like idiots.

Why doesn t danny just marry jon this ep and end the claim problem? Is there 1 good reason for this not to happen?

2 minutes ago, divica said:

we can t compare the internet and social media today with what it was 10 years ago.

I did LOST on the internet.  Everyone thought that was the be all and end all of.........society, social media, culture, the world.  Life is a wheel, believe me, the technology just keeps changing.  A time will come when this year looks....quaint.

So yes, call me old.....ER, LOL

20 minutes ago, teej6 said:

Aerys was a good king till he wasn’t and then went completely mad king. Not saying Dany will too, but in her last ADWD chapter it seems like she’s forsaken peace and compromise and chosen the path of fire and blood. The dragon plants no trees line is sort of foreboding. At Essos, Dany burning her enemies is somewhat palatable (not really, everyone over the age of 12 wearing a Tokar being burned is unjust and downright cruel) but I strongly suspect that when she comes to Westeros and burns people who are actually sympathetic, she will be seen more than just being ruthless.

It’s curious that Aerys is labelled “mad” when he was merely a terrible, terrible man. He doesn't seem to have had a psychotic break. I don't ever remember him hearing voices or seeing the throne room filled with live dragons. 

That doesn't mean he wasn't trying to blow up his own city, or that Jaime didn't do the right thing. This sounds more like the old kings who would take their whole courts with them when they died. That's completely evil, but actually crazy? Not so sure about that.

10 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

Personally, even with the impulsiveness we've seen in Daenerys before, I have a hard time believing that she would forget about all the smallfolk, but, we'll see... 

I think the issue here is trying to look at this thinking of the characters as, well, characters. You know, characters w/ development and who follow an arc to its completion, in a story that is consistent and has internal logic. Because none of the above applies to GoT. 

2 minutes ago, Nami said:

Some people seem to confuse being ruthless with being mad.
Aegon the Conqueror was ruthless with his foes. Dany too. Aerys was insane. His decisions were cruel and his actions with himself, his family and court were insane.

But nobody in westeros would like a targ that has the habit of burning people. It is normal for people to make all kinds of bad assumptions about danny if she burns a lot of people in KL.

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It’s curious that Aerys is labelled “mad” when he was merely a terrible, terrible man. He doesn't seem to have had a psychotic break. I don't ever remember him hearing voices or seeing the throne room filled with live dragons. 

That doesn't mean he wasn't trying to blow up his own city, or that Jaime didn't do the right thing. This sounds more like the old kings who would take their whole courts with them when they died. That's completely evil, but actually crazy? Not so sure about that.

By the end, though, he wouldn't wash, bathe, let people cut his hair, his fingernails, that's kinda crazy. 

2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

He thought he would turn into a dragon, didn't he? I remember either reading or seeing on the show that he heard voices  if I'm not mistaken.

18 minutes ago, teej6 said:

Agreed. And in the books I suspect we will see Dany’s progression into a more cruel, destructive and merciless ruler. Not saying she’ll go batshit crazy like her father but I feel she’ll do things that will be less palatable to the readers. 

Has “cruel, destructive, and merciless” become the same as “batshit crazy”? Just what counts as “crazy” here? 

12 minutes ago, Nami said:

Oh right

And that makes you think she is going mad?
What I got from reading that was that she doesn't belong in Essos, she needs to move and do something. Not marry that idiot and play wife to calm down that damn city who doesn't want her.
Dany NEVER gave away any clues, from her actions or even her thoughts (which we have access to) that she has a tendency for madness.

Where/when did I say she’s going mad? I said she’s abandoned the way of peace and compromise which was her arc in Meereen. She was trying to rule through compromise and appeasement. I don’t see why she would go all fire and blood in Meereen and then decide to compromise and make peace with her enemies in Westeros. 

8 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I did LOST on the internet.  Everyone thought that was the be all and end all of.........society, social media, culture, the world.  Life is a wheel, believe me, the technology just keeps changing.  A time will come when this year looks....quaint.

So yes, call me old.....ER, LOL

I was a member of a LOST forum, with people debating characters (gaaaah the Locke fan drove me nuts), and there was stuff about leaks and spoilers, etc... etc... Most people started to drop out during the season of the time jumping craziness. My favourite was Desmond and his Penny story, a second one was Saywyer finding stability with Juliette. That last season was a bit nuts and while I was ok with it, because of characterisation, I totally get why the mythos answer didn't satisfy, especially with the purgatory finale.

For those saying Dany's leaks are out of nowhere. She doesn't care about actual guilt or innocence at all. Bloody creepy. The more recent seasons have been filled with hints of this Dany.

And as for a Jonerys marriage, there would be tons of retcons for Dany to go along with that. 

The IT isn’t a two-seater.

Dany’s speech to Jon when they first met was about girl-power and she used the same girl-power to try to appeal to Sansa. It certainly played a role in the agreement with Yara.

Jon’s a guy who has the better claim, he’s local, he’s now a dragon rider so Dany’s lost that point, and Westeros is super patriarchal. She can’t even be a brood mare. To marry Jon is to in effect giving it all up. And while I do think they have genuine feelings for each other, they clearly don't run very deep. It's clear what Dany's priority is. 

Just now, TheFirstofHerName said:

Sure seems Jon must think Daenerys would pose a threat to the Stark family in order to kill her. That is the only reason that makes sense to me.  I recall a spoiler about Jon seeing Ayra in the throne room.  He makes a choice?

But why would danny want to kill the starks?

will we have the starks conspiring against her?

Given sansa's track record I wouldn t be surprised… Even if all is resolved if jon and danny just marry! then his familly becomes her familly!

7 minutes ago, azor_ahaiii said:

I think the only thing thatll make Jon straight up murder Dany is if she planned on flying North to burn Sansa out of Winterfell, which is probably what will happen after she's sacked KL.

I am thinking along the same lines.  He must realize she poses a threat to the Stark family and so he chooses to stay with the pack.

Archived