NFL 2017: Less Than Burfict

Manhole Eunuchsbane

7 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

No, it's the fact that it's a disingenuous PR campaign by the NFL.  You can't visualize a board room full of NFL executives theorizing on how to increase female viewership, while creating a tax write-off?   

No, I'm not saying I can't visualize that. What I'm saying is that this is so low on my "give a shit meter" that I can't imagine being in a place in life where this shit would bother me to the extent that it does you. It's mind boggling to me - like, there are five million other things about the NFL alone, let alone real life, that are actually worth being bothered about, and apparently those actual, real problems with the NFL don't impact your enjoyment of the game. Just these inconsequential, 5 second blips in a 2-4 hour program.

9 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

No, I'm not saying I can't visualize that. What I'm saying is that this is so low on my "give a shit meter" that I can't imagine being in a place in life where this shit would bother me to the extent that it does you. It's mind boggling to me - like, there are five million other things about the NFL alone, let alone real life, that are actually worth being bothered about, and apparently those actual, real problems with the NFL don't impact your enjoyment of the game. Just these inconsequential, 5 second blips in a 2-4 hour program.

I think it's interesting from a comic perspective. Bill Burr has a whole bit built around this that centers more on the NFL as being this once great bastion of masculinity, and he bemoans the feminization of it in a number of different rants...

/Did you forget that breast cancer existed after last year? Well we're gonna remind ya! They're gonna dress the players up like newborn baby girls and you're gonna give us some money.

/Why are you showing this to me? The NFL should be watching this commercial, not me. There's a time and a place

9 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

I don't understand why the Vikings continue to under utilize McKinnon. Murray is a shitty runningback that doesn't even pass the basic eye test. 

Yup. I'm playing against Murray in a few leagues so I was keeping an extra eye out, it was like night and day watching these two. 

26 minutes ago, sperry said:

The Browns are so hopeless. They've gone with the stockpile draft picks strategy, except the guys they've drafted suck.

I know I jumped the gun on Garrett, but I'm hoping so hard that he's a bust!

1 minute ago, Ramsay B. said:

Gordon!!

What a run! That was some Le'Veon Bell shit.

Meanwhile, T.Y. Hilton made a great sideline catch that was called incomplete. It's under review (stood, which was bullshit), and on the sideline in frame right after the play Quan Bray (kick returner) is making the catch symbol while pumping his hips like Antonio Brown.

It's great!

1 minute ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Akiem Hicks has 7 sacks this season. Awesome. Too bad the Bears defense can't stop the Saints running game also. 

I feel like Akiem Ayers has 7 drops this year, not awesome.

This Colts Bengals game is like watching a lobotomy.

Archived