TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

So I love to watch those ghost finding shows because some of them show very remote locations around the world that are interesting. 

I’m watching one now set in some forest in Romania.  They do these EVP things that supposedly record spirit voices. 

How is it that all around the world spirits seem to communicate in English? :lol: Awfully convenient. 

10 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

So I love to watch those ghost finding shows because some of them show very remote locations around the world that are interesting. 

I’m watching one now set in some forest in Romania.  They do these EVP things that supposedly record spirit voices. 

How is it that all around the world spirits seem to communicate in English? :lol: Awfully convenient. 

That because they are not ghosts but Aliens from other planets.   Just about every SCi-Fi show out there has proved Aliens speak English, or their words are automatically translated instantly to make it seem as if they are speaking English.

1 hour ago, Pebble said:

That because they are not ghosts but Aliens from other planets.   Just about every SCi-Fi show out there has proved Aliens speak English, or their words are automatically translated instantly to make it seem as if they are speaking English.

:agree:

:lol:

And naturally, after I posted that there was an episode in which the spirit spoke in its native language. Because of course. 

21 hours ago, felice said:

I generally prefer Firefox, but the recent major update broke the Tabmix Plus add-on, which is a real downer (it lets you have multiple rows of tabs instead of a single sideways-scrolling row, amongst other things).

I much prefer it to Safari, which is the standard browser on Mac, I never use it though, I've never tried Chrome-neither the OS or the Browser.

I'm comically inept at using any of the newer versions of Windows too, the last version I used was XP, all those weird squares and stuff on the newer versions confuse me.

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I much prefer it to Safari, which is the standard browser on Mac, I never use it though, I've never tried Chrome-neither the OS or the Browser.

I'm comically inept at using any of the newer versions of Windows too, the last version I used was XP, all those weird squares and stuff on the newer versions confuse me.

Windows 7 was the last version I was semi-competent at using

On 1/29/2018 at 4:02 AM, Lord Sidious said:

Firefox doesn't work properly for me in anything with lots of links on it, like Pinterest.

Good morning everyone. 

I can't believe I missed the princess debate.  Probably a good thing.  Too many old scars.

I have effectively de-princessed my life and, for a while, pink was a dirty word around here.  I am now fully in the process of de-emo'izing and we are bringing pink back, dammit.

B) 

52 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

Good morning everyone. 

I can't believe I missed the princess debate.  Probably a good thing.  Too many old scars.

I have effectively de-princessed my life and, for a while, pink was a dirty word around here.  I am now fully in the process of de-emo'izing and we are bringing pink back, dammit.

B) 

You can still join the game. ;) This here was just a discussion before the Elimination Game was opened. You missed nothing.

I hope I get my laptop back soon. Nobody at the repair shop is picking up the phone. :rolleyes:

I've already committed myself to 2 acro games, so I will have to skip the princess battle this time. :(

My kids and I are home sick today, so my plan is to speed watch 10 hours of Westworld to calibrate my fantasy league scoring spreadsheet.  Does the fun never end? :blink:

I may take a little break to walk down the street and put a brick through the window of the car whose alarm has gone off 6 times in the last hour.  I meean, get a shittier car or a better alarm! :devil: 

2 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

Good morning everyone. 

B) 

Huh, the emo phase of most teens in my generation involved quite a lot of pink, albeit paired with excessive black. 

31 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Huh, the emo phase of most teens in my generation involved quite a lot of pink, albeit paired with excessive black. 

For my kids it was black skinny jeans, baggy band t's (the more macabre the artwork, the better), lumberjack shirts, and boots.  And eyeliner.  So much eyeliner.

13 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

For my kids it was black skinny jeans, baggy band t's (the more macabre the artwork, the better), lumberjack shirts, and boots.  And eyeliner.  So much eyeliner.

Yes of all of the above (especially the eyeliner). But for some reason there was always a lot of pink accents to the whole look

It's very possible that there was a Barbie-induced pink overload up to the age of 8 or 9, and that was followed by a complete rebellion.

Like a tequila hangover.  The smell alone would be enough to put you off for years.  But then one day, you have a really excellent margarita, and you're back!

9 hours ago, Yukle said:

Firefox doesn't work properly for me in anything with lots of links on it, like Pinterest.

I’ve never had much of an issue with it, I hate Safari though!.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Luckily I never went through an emo phase, parts of my music taste have always been too serious and depressing to be emo :P .

35 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

parts of my music taste have always been too serious and depressing to be emo

Yes, I also had an Elliot Smith phase, which sort of coincided with my Wes Anderson phase. :blush:

I had an emo phase too, but no eyeliner or hair dye because “smart” girls don’t wear makeup or color their hair... :rolleyes: My smartness lasted till the end of high school... was it worth it to not let me wear makeup? I think not. Oh well. 

So I miraculously got through this day without a migraine and it was actually good. I am happy that it’s over.  I’m now on the train, if things go well, I’ll be home by 10pm. And the upper-second class of this train is actually alright. I still wish I had time to get that extra ticket to make your second class ticket first class, but it was either that or dinner and I opted for not starving. (And I wish my firm was willing to pay the extra two euros a first class ticket would cost but oh well, I’m sure they would go bankrupt if they did)

So all in all this day was good. A little awkward here and there, but overall okay. I am happy though that I took the train instead of my colleague’s car, I don’t want to spend 3 hours talking to someone I met 24 hours ago (just introvert problems). Plus, like this I could meet up for a coffee with a high school friend of mine, which is nice because we only meet every couple years. 

I don’t know why I shared all this, feel free to ignore. 

6 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

Yes, I also had an Elliot Smith phase, which sort of coincided with my Wes Anderson phase. :blush:

Mine hasn’t changed much to be honest and I’m 30 next month!.

One musical thing I miss from when I was a teenager was my shiny red guitar, it was awesome and I wish I’d never sold it :(.

15 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Mine hasn’t changed much to be honest and I’m 30 next month!.

One musical thing I miss from when I was a teenager was my shiny red guitar, it was awesome and I wish I’d never sold it :(.

I was never really into music when I was younger.  I tended to just love whatever the BF of the moment was into.  In a way, having no opinion at all accidentally broadened my horizons :blush:

I don't even play guitar, but I would so learn if I have a shiny red one.

Archived