Gun Control: The Tree Of Liberty Must Be Refreshed From Time To Time With The Blood Of Children And Innocents

Tywin et al.

A friend of mine pointed something out to me. Look up a gun on Wikipedia. Or a mass shooting.

We have our suspicions that the downside of Wikipedia's "Anyone can edit" policy is that gun-nuts are very good at suppressing what guns do within society.

Read a page on a gun and it's essentially erotica about the gun's amazingly luscious capabilities. Read a page on a mass shooting and everything but the gun is blamed.

4 hours ago, Yukle said:

A friend of mine pointed something out to me. Look up a gun on Wikipedia. Or a mass shooting.

We have our suspicions that the downside of Wikipedia's "Anyone can edit" policy is that gun-nuts are very good at suppressing what guns do within society.

Read a page on a gun and it's essentially erotica about the gun's amazingly luscious capabilities. Read a page on a mass shooting and everything but the gun is blamed.

I noticed this on some other innocuous pages as well. There has been a widespread effort to go and edit pages to phrase it in language more akin to propaganda, and while some of it (like these examples) might get caught, the majority of them aren't on controversial pages getting looked at often so go unnoticed and contribute to shifting the base view of society. That said, the example I actually remember (compulsory voting) appears to have been noticed and corrected so hopefully more people are working on fixing this.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

Apparent terrorist attack in Paris. Moron shouted "Allah akbar" and attacked people... with a knife. It seems he's the only one dead (the cops shot him).

But gun control is such a bad idea, eh?

CNN was reporting 1 dead, 2 in critical condition, and 2 with minor injuries all day long.

2 hours ago, Rippounet said:

Apparent terrorist attack in Paris. Moron shouted "Allah akbar" and attacked people... with a knife. It seems he's the only one dead (the cops shot him).

But gun control is such a bad idea, eh?

2 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

CNN was reporting 1 dead, 2 in critical condition, and 2 with minor injuries all day long.

1 dead and 4 injured! Knives are so dangerous! They should be banned.

If he'd had something harmless like an AR-15 this wouldn't have happened, as guns don't kill people.

Yesterday I got for some odd reason the idea to google whether someone had made a pro-gun-control poster featuring Batman, given that Bruce Wayne surely would be THE most obvious pop culture icon to advocate against 'some punk with a gun' being able to just shoot your parents.

The result made me depressed... God, only insane NRA ads fucking everywhere...

3 hours ago, Yukle said:

If he'd had something harmless like an AR-15 this wouldn't have happened, as guns don't kill people.

I believe the (disgusting) narrative sold by your (disgusting) president is that if everyone had a gun then the terrorist would have been stopped immediatly. After the few dozen dead passerby since the terrorist would also have had a gun of course, but what can you do, heh?

3 hours ago, Yukle said:

Just so we're clear, I was correcting the account.

I'd shoot a bitch before I picked up a gun.

54 minutes ago, Errant Bard said:

I believe the (disgusting) narrative sold by your (disgusting) president is that if everyone had a gun then the terrorist would have been stopped immediatly. After the few dozen dead passerby since the terrorist would also have had a gun of course, but what can you do, heh?

Yukle isn't from the US either, as far as I recall. Trump isn't her president.

1 hour ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

Yukle isn't from the US either, as far as I recall. Trump isn't her president.

Apologies to you Yukle, Jacen and anyone else who felt wrongly targeted, I got stupidly carried away. I had family in Paris then and I recently stumbled upon that Trump speech before the NRA and, well, I feel some kind of judgment-clouding anger when I think about it. It'll fade with time, I suppose.

The Guardian had coverage of the NRA gather or convention or W whatever it’s called recently and they were asking members what they thought of the Parkland Survivor’s advocacy. The responses were just breathtaking and it’s hard to believe people can truly be so deluded. People saying they had no idea what they were talking about and should go out and see the world and shut up until then. I mean...how?

30 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

The cognitive dissonance displayed by those who fully support the NRA is likely unrivalled in the field of American politics, perhaps with deference to those who favor any military action abroad or back capitalism axiomatically.

You forgot flat earthers.

Archived