Why Does the Political Right And Left Feel the Need to Demonize Each Other ?

GAROVORKIN

Eh, both sides are comprised of people, so both sides are corrupt, hypocritical, and deplorable.  To believe otherwise is childish.

This question was posed to a forum that greatly represents the left, maybe the extreme left.  People who harbor extreme views are probably not good at introspection and self awareness; more of the “we’re good and they’re bad” variety.  If you can’t argue the others side of a debate, you probably don’t know the issue we’ll enough to debate it in the first place.

Calling people who don’t vote Democrat a Nazi is not only blatantly untrue, but a really stupid tactic.  The same for saying people who are pro 2A are baby killers.

Just my opinion.

22 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

And the Republican Party could do that, today, if they wanted. Why haven't they?

Because the Republican Party wants to protect its power.  They are afraid the Trump supporters will punish them if they act.  Or, they actually support Trump.  It sucks.

10 minutes ago, King Ned Stark said:

Eh, both sides are comprised of people, so both sides are corrupt, hypocritical, and deplorable.  To believe otherwise is childish.

This question was posed to a forum that greatly represents the left, maybe the extreme left.  People who harbor extreme views are probably not good at introspection and self awareness; more of the “we’re good and they’re bad” variety.  If you can’t argue the others side of a debate, you probably don’t know the issue we’ll enough to debate it in the first place.

Calling people who don’t vote Democrat a Nazi is not only blatantly untrue, but a really stupid tactic.  The same for saying people who are pro 2A are baby killers.

Just my opinion.

The only thing childish here is this pre-teen cynicism disguising itself as deep insight. Same shit as always. Yawn.

Wasn’t going for deep insight, calling half the country Nazis, people responsible for the deaths of millions, seems obvious to me something you shouldn’t do if you want to be taken seriously.

But, insult me if you like.  So, you see total victory as the only option?  What’s the end game for those who really believe republicans=Nazis?  War?

21 minutes ago, King Ned Stark said:

Just my opinion.

I can argue any GOP position.  The problem is, that as I'm doing it, I'm extremely aware that the argument I'm making is one or more of the following: garbage, targeted to support the richest at the expense of everyone else, racist, sexist, regressive, logically unsound, not supported by data, to the detriment of the environment, a lie, hypocritical, violent, or antisocial.  

I would love to hear a conservative argument for anything that is free of all that.  I know I couldn't do it.

1 hour ago, King Ned Stark said:

Wasn’t going for deep insight, calling half the country Nazis, people responsible for the deaths of millions, seems obvious to me something you shouldn’t do if you want to be taken seriously.

But, insult me if you like.  So, you see total victory as the only option?  What’s the end game for those who really believe republicans=Nazis?  War?

Come on, not all Nazis were responsible for the deaths of millions.  There were some good people in there.  How can anyone take you seriously when you paint such a wide brush on a group of people like that?

#notallnazis

Just my opinion.

lol

Just my opinion.

Certainly. And if we were doing that, you'd have a point. 

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Because the Republican Party wants to protect its power.  They are afraid the Trump supporters will punish them if they act.  Or, they actually support Trump.  It sucks.

What are you, personally, doing about it?

27 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

May I ask what you've done to combat Trump and the alt-right? Besides filling in a bubble next to the name Hillary Clinton.

I've been calls every Tuesday at my local Democratic Party office. My friends from work are doing even more, going door to door.

Now I've not been doing that, but I like to think that covering their ER shifts is in some way helpful.

Especially when you consider that I'm the only person who does my actual job in addition to these extra duties that require me to take a subordinate role to someone who makes half of what I take home.

I also make it a point to go after these Sea Lion abominations. You think I enjoy out stupid-ing them? I do it to get them to go away for a little bit. And it seems to work.

I'm not a saint or a braggart (actually, I am a braggart but not about this). But I'm doing my part as best I can. So when someone begs off using their power of vote (which is literally the least you can do) I'm just not having it.

9 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I've been calls every Tuesday at my local Democratic Party office. My friends from work are doing even more, going door to door.

Now I've not been doing that, but I like to think that covering their ER shifts is in some way helpful.

Especially when you consider that I'm the only person who does my actual job in addition to these extra duties that require me to take a subordinate role to someone who makes half of what I take home.

I also make it a point to go after these Sea Lion abominations. You think I enjoy out stupid-ing them? I do it to get them to go away for a little bit. And it seems to work.

I'm not a saint or a braggart (actually, I am a braggart but not about this). But I'm doing my part as best I can. So when someone begs off using their power of vote (which is literally the least you can do) I'm just not having it.

That wonderful.  I'm glad you're active.  

Archived