NFL 2018 Draft: On The One Hand...

Jace, Extat

Just now, Nictarion said:

Well, the Rice vs Moss debate certainly didn’t deserve attention... :P

If you're looking for the most talented WR, sure you can say Moss.

But he's barely top 5 as the BEST WR.

Rice, Harrison, Owens, Fitzgerald

are all easily better WR's because they were good for 5 targets a quarter with consistent results.

12 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

If you're looking for the most talented WR, sure you can say Moss.

But he's barely top 5 as the BEST WR.

Rice, Harrison, Owens, Fitzgerald

are all easily better WR's because they were good for 5 targets a quarter with consistent results.

No Harrison anywhere near this list. He was a nonentity in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Because he had a forehead as a passer. Get fucked, he abused Champ Bailey in 05

Because he was buttery soft when he didn't have a gun. I don't know what got into him with that one game against Bailey. Someone prolly told ol Marv that Champ stole some of his stash.

26 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Because he was buttery soft when he didn't have a gun. I don't know what got into him with that one game against Bailey. Someone prolly told ol Marv that Champ stole some of his stash.

Reche Caldwell didn't catch the ball.

Force Out Rule FOREVER!!!!!

On 3/31/2018 at 3:41 PM, Pony Queen Jace said:

Because he had a forehead as a passer. Get fucked, he abused Champ Bailey in 05

Sorry Jace, but Harrison might not even be top 5 post the turn of the century. Don't get me wrong, he was great (and I'm not saying that to avoid getting shot), but there are a number of guys I'd take before him, especially if I didn't know who his QB would be. 

On 3/31/2018 at 3:13 PM, Nictarion said:

Well, the Rice vs Moss debate certainly didn’t deserve attention... :P

What would a Bengal's fan know about seeing talent? 

:P

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

What would a Bengal's fan know about seeing talent? 

:P

Vikings have the same amount of Super Bowl rings as the Bengals last time I checked. At least it took Joe Montana (x2) and Jerry Rice to deny us. 

As far as talent, we’ve had some special players. Particularly on some of those 80’s teams, including the best LT of all time. Might not have WR in the GOAT discussion, but we’ve had some damn good ones like Chad Johnson and AJ Green. And if he stays on his current pace Geno Atkins will have a good shot at the HoF. 

14 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Vikings have the same amount of Super Bowl rings as the Bengals last time I checked. At least it took Joe Montana (x2) and Jerry Rice to deny us. 

As far as talent, we’ve had some special players. Particularly on some of those 80’s teams, including the best LT of all time. Might not have WR in the GOAT discussion, but we’ve had some damn good ones like Chad Johnson and AJ Green. And if he stays on his current pace Geno Atkins will have a good shot at the HoF. 

I’m just giving you crap. And for what it’s worth, I’ve got Green as a top 5 WR right now.

Also, the hell happened to ol’ Ocho Cinco?

32 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’m just giving you crap. And for what it’s worth, I’ve got Green as a top 5 WR right now.

Also, the hell happened to ol’ Ocho Cinco?

Chad Johnson is my favorite Bengals player ever, Ocho Cinco not so much...

There’s actually a pretty good A Football Life on him. 

2 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Pats trade Cooks and a 4th to Rams for a 1st and a 6th. 

Just wow.   Thought Cooks was a good fit in NE.  Is this a play for OBJ?

I’ve come to terms with the fact that OBJ might very well leave. But to the fucking Pats!? This will be the icing on the cake to this whole crappy football year for myself.

14 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Pats trade Cooks and a 4th to Rams for a 1st and a 6th. 

Just wow.   Thought Cooks was a good fit in NE.  Is this a play for OBJ?

The Rams are really going for it this year. 

9 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I’ve come to terms with the fact that OBJ might very well leave. But to the fucking Pats!? This will be the icing on the cake to this whole crappy football year for myself.

Why would this be so bad? As was pointed out earlier, the Giants would be foolish to pay him what he wants, given what we know about him. Make that the Pats problem. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why would this be so bad? As was pointed out earlier, the Giants would be foolish to pay him what he wants, given what we know about him. Make that the Pats problem. 

Well just on an immature fandom level, really. I dislike the Pats and have many friends/family who love them, and can see him being a perfect angel up there(maybe). Also having a complete stud like that was just fun. But other wise I absolutely agree that getting rid of him is the best way to go, since he wants a billion dollars and is basically uncontrollable. 

Eagles won it all and Giants were abysmal. My football emotions are all out of whack.

Cooks was... fine. I wish he could have had a second year to show his stuff, build a better rapport with Brady, but receiver is maybe the one position that the Pats are pretty deep at (if Dorsett counts as depth). Honestly with Hogan already there, I thought Cooks was a luxury when they could have fortified elsewhere. There were also a couple of times he quit on routes and that doesn't play well in Foxboro.

Hard not to think Belichick's just saying "fuck it" about Brady's final couple of years. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gronk get traded too.

Why do people think Beckham is their target here? I just don't see him fitting in. I wouldn't trust him if he promised to be on his best behavior.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Cooks was... fine. I wish he could have had a second year to show his stuff, build a better rapport with Brady, but receiver is maybe the one position that the Pats are pretty deep at (if Dorsett counts as depth). Honestly with Hogan already there, I thought Cooks was a luxury when they could have fortified elsewhere. There were also a couple of times he quit on routes and that doesn't play well in Foxboro.

Hard not to think Belichick's just saying "fuck it" about Brady's final couple of years. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gronk get traded too.

Why do people think Beckham is their target here? I just don't see him fitting in. I wouldn't trust him if he promised to be on his best behavior.

Sure, but this was true of so many, before it wasn’t. I mean, Ocho Cinco, Moss...hell, Gronk if he were on any other team being speculated about coming to NE. Honestly, BB’s ability to (sometimes) get people on their best behaviour for a while is a commodity worth spending, imo. 

59 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Sure, but this was true of so many, before it wasn’t. I mean, Ocho Cinco, Moss...hell, Gronk if he were on any other team being speculated about coming to NE. Honestly, BB’s ability to (sometimes) get people on their best behaviour for a while is a commodity worth spending, imo. 

And some didn't work out, like Albert Haynesworth. I wonder if Ocho Cinco just behaved because he sucked in New England. No opportunity to showboat.

I think this also might not be the year to try adding any risky personalities, at least if there's anything at all to the stories about Brady and Gronk being pissed at Belichick.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

And some didn't work out, like Albert Haynesworth. I wonder if Ocho Cinco just behaved because he sucked in New England. No opportunity to showboat.

I think this also might not be the year to try adding any risky personalities, at least if there's anything at all to the stories about Brady and Gronk being pissed at Belichick.

Oh, sure, it’s not an entirely safe bet. And I mean the economic issues about paying a war that much money are as true for the Pats as anyone else, and maybe that more than personality issues make it an unlikely B.B. move. I guess it partly depends on where you see the Pats going as is, and you’d have a more informed take on that than I do. 

But, in general, having a Popovich or Hoodie or whoever’s ability to (often) make problems go away is a currency you only waste by not spending...it has no residual value and can’t be exchanged, it only comes into play in situations like this, assuming it is that. I suppose, philosophically, this will answer itself, as BB will obviously know more than either of us whether this is in fact one of those situations and will act accordingly. I guess the only bad news for you guys, short-term, would be him deciding it is and trying but getting beat to the punch. 

Is the Brady/Gronk stuff still about Brady’s guru guy, or is that considered a symptom of something bigger?

edit: for reasons that escape me, my autocorrect insists on turning Gronk into a Dutch town. 

Archived