Jump to content
AncalagonTheBlack

Football: Mo Please!

Recommended Posts

And Ronaldo shows off his muscles again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww. :(

Liverpool should probably hope to draw Real Madrid. Looking how Marcelo fared against Costa, Salah would have a field day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, polishgenius said:


What for? It was a pen and it was clearly a sending off.

I don't think it was a penalty at all. He was barely touched by the player taking the ball away from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, polishgenius said:


What for? It was a pen and it was clearly a sending off.

It's a reasonably soft penalty and, yeah, there's reason to send off Buffon but a bit of sympathy for the game. Sending off the keeper before the key moment of the tie is just shit.

Anyway, that was rubbish. What an anticlimax.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I don't think it was a penalty at all. He was barely touched by the player taking the ball away from him.


Vasquez went down, ahem, dramatically, but I don't think the defender would have got to the ball if he'd not pushed him first.

 

Quote

there's reason to send off Buffon but a bit of sympathy for the game. Sending off the keeper before the key moment of the tie is just shit.


Don't agree there. You can't be giving Buffon leinencies just coz these were his last moments in the CL. Shoving the ref around is like the one thing you're 100% definitely getting sent off for, it was an idiotic thing to do.

Edited by polishgenius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was a penalty as well. If Buffon does decide to call it quits, it's quite a sad way to end a great career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Don't agree there. You can't be giving Buffon leinencies just coz these were his last moments in the CL. Shoving the ref around is like the one thing you're 100% definitely getting sent off for, it was an idiotic thing to do.

He doesn't really shove him, he bumps into his back in the process of rushing over to scream in his face. It's not great but it's not like it doesn't happen reasonably often either. If you've got an excuse not to send off the keeper before a key last minute penalty you should take it, just give him a yellow and get on with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The responsibility should be on Buffon not behaving like a lunatic towards the referee and not the referee finding an excuse not to send him off. And tbf, we don't know what Buffon was screaming at the official. Could (and probably was) some offensive shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

I thought it was a penalty as well. If Buffon does decide to call it quits, it's quite a sad way to end a great career. 

Not sure, but I think riding into the sunset with one last scudetto isn't that bad. It wasn't the final game of the season for Buffon and Juve, you kow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Netflix are the real winners. They couldn’t get more drama for the next instalment of First Team if they wrote the script themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

He doesn't really shove him, he bumps into his back in the process of rushing over to scream in his face. It's not great but it's not like it doesn't happen reasonably often either. If you've got an excuse not to send off the keeper before a key last minute penalty you should take it, just give him a yellow and get on with it.



Look at the ref's movement, he shoves him from the side. But even if he didn't that would have been a red. Like Consigliere said, it's not the ref's responsibility to give breaks to Buffon when he's acting like a twat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My two cents. 

1) It looks like a penalty to me. Lucas Vazquez gets shoved from behind as he it about to control the ball in the 6 yard box. Not blatant ot strenous though. Ref would’ve been better off not awarding it though.

2) Buffon sent himself off. No one to blame except himself.

3) If that penalty was awarded to my team, Real Madrid, in that same situation, I’d be fuming. 

4) I can only hope this helps players anywhere  not to round up and gang up on ref’s to protest things and pressure them. (I’m looking especially at you Barça)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, polishgenius said:



Look at the ref's movement, he shoves him from the side. But even if he didn't that would have been a red. Like Consigliere said, it's not the ref's responsibility to give breaks to Buffon when he's acting like a twat.

If you love football you just have to love Buffon, but that's as much a red card offense as I can imagine.

If it were up to me, ANY physical contact with the referee, no matter how small and innocent would be a red card. Crowding the ref like that would get every single player in the crowd at least booked, only captain of the team would be allowed to speak to the referee unless spoken to and would have to be respectful in doing so and a whole lot of other rules that would lead to football players behaving properly.

It CAN be done in football and it HAS been done in sports that are a lot more physically intense such as rugby and ice hockey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marseille vs Leipzig has been madness. OM gone from all but out when RBL got the away goal, to in the lead, to back behind on away goals when Payet's wonderstrike was disallowed - all in 20 mins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Notone said:

In other news Bild is reporting that Kovac will indeed be the next manager at Bayern.

Why do you think they have gone for him over, say, Nagelsmann? Would Kovac have been first choice, or would he have been easier to get to come out of the two?

I read they were looking for a German speaking coach specifically, which would narrow down their search. 

I suppose Kovac has a history of having played for Bayern, although not a prominent player in their history.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This Marseille/Leipzig game is insane. Payet just scored a great goal after Leipzig had pulled a goal back. Marseille back in front on aggregate. 

Edited by Consigliere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better news for Red Bull in Austria, where Slazburg have scored four in twenty mins to go 6-5 up over Lazio. Cannot think of a better few days of football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×