Minor characters you wanna see lose and why?

Frey Kings

29 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

From an old movie "What we have here is a failure to communicate" (Cool Hand Luke, 1967) 

Since I have not watched that movie in its entirety in quite long a while and only viewing the youtube clip I dunna like your response captain.

:angry:

nighty night and sweet dreams

13 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Since I have not watched that movie in its entirety in quite long a while and only viewing the youtube clip I dunna like your response Boss.

I wasnt drawing a parallel to the film about the scene or the motivations of the captain (who is a jerk). The line just popped into my head when I was talking about failed communication (the captain gave an oscar winning, or at least oscar nominated performance, methinks, and that line is used (out of context) when people get confused or someone misunderstands someone else). If you do want to know, Paul Newman wins in the end, so I guess there is that - many talk of his paralells to Christ as his pain leads to redemption.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_Hand_Luke

Suffice it to say Wex' minor role does not paralell Cool Hand Luke in any way, nor did I mean to imply same.

15 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Since I have not watched that movie in its entirety in quite long a while and only viewing the youtube clip I dunna like your response captain.

On a related note, maybe I should watch the film again (it came out before I was born) - any paralells to GRRM's Christ figure - Jon Snow?

41 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

On a related note, maybe I should watch the film again (it came out before I was born) - any paralells to GRRM's Christ figure - Jon Snow?

I know I said nighty night already. You little Tasmanian Devil cartoon character have plucked me nerve.

GRRM's christ figure. Jon Snow, the bastard of WF.

Oye, I thought you and I were were talking bout Wex, martin's illiterate mute who threw a knife at at map.

On July 28, 2018 at 3:47 AM, The Transporter said:

I want the following minor characters to lose because . . . .

• Stannis, because he supports Jon Snow and I don't like Jon.
  • Podrick, snotty kid.
  • Dolorous Edd, he's a dull dude.
  • The Green Grace, because it's time for the Harpy to die and for slavery to end.
  • Nymeria
  • Hodor
  • Mellisandre, because she's a fraud.
  • Tormund, same reason as Stannis.

9 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I know I said nighty night already. You little Tasmanian Devil cartoon character have plucked me nerve.

GRRM's christ figure. Jon Snow, the bastard of WF.

Oye, I thought you and I were were talking bout Wex, martin's illiterate mute who threw a knife at at map.

Man, I better stay on topic - this is a tough crowd! I drop a quote that is used often to represent poor communication with no real reference to the film (except the guys accent), and WHAM!

I would love to talk about the comparisons to Christ and Jon though, you know, those "brought back to life  by gods" fellows (in a different thread).

4 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Ya, I really have trouble blaming animals for acting like animals. We brought them into the society where they dont fit, they had little choice.

6 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Euron Greyjoy

Green Grace

Meera and Jojen Reed

Wyman Manderly

Why the Reeds (other than that they are terribly annoying to read).?

10 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Read my signature  :D

So you hate the Reeds because they are protecting a crippled 8 year old who got his life ruined by circumstances completely out of his control.

Tell me, are you okay with Walder Frey's Pedophilia or Roose Bolton's serial raping and torture? 

6 hours ago, Eddard Waters said:

So you hate the Reeds because they are protecting a crippled 8 year old who got his life ruined by circumstances completely out of his control.

Tell me, are you okay with Walder Frey's Pedophilia or Roose Bolton's serial raping and torture? 

The wonders never cease, do they? :ack:

On 4/1/2019 at 8:46 AM, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Man, I better stay on topic - this is a tough crowd! I drop a quote that is used often to represent poor communication with no real reference to the film (except the guys accent), and WHAM!

I would love to talk about the comparisons to Christ and Jon though, you know, those "brought back to life  by gods" fellows (in a different thread).

There's a very good thread on that, kinda old though... I'll try to find a link for you. It's a very intersting read.

Walder Frey - Low hanging fruit

Lothar Frey - ^

The Mad Mouse

Selyse Florent - Preferably in a was in which Stannis doesn't lose

Patchface - Because I don't want to see a world in which he wins.

Victarion Greyjoy - Don't get me wrong, Victarion is awesome and one of the highlights of the later books. He is pretty evil though and his ambitions seem to be getting way larger than the Salt throne. I hope that he makes it a long way throughout the series rather than being killed off in Slaver's bay.

20 minutes ago, Plain, Simple Tailor said:

Randall “Rape Apologist” Tarly. 

I despise that abusive, misogynistic, cruel brute. I hope he dies painfully. 

Westeros Daddy Dearest winner, in a draw w/ Tywin and Craster. :ack:

On 4/4/2019 at 10:59 PM, Aurane said:
Spoiler

Walder Frey - Low hanging fruit

Lothar Frey - ^

The Mad Mouse

Selyse Florent - Preferably in a was in which Stannis doesn't lose

Patchface - Because I don't want to see a world in which he wins.

Victarion Greyjoy - Don't get me wrong, Victarion is awesome and one of the highlights of the later books. He is pretty evil though and his ambitions seem to be getting way larger than the Salt throne. I hope that he makes it a long way throughout the series rather than being killed off in Slaver's bay.

I forgot about Taena Merryweather, Edwyn Frey, most of the Freys, and Harry the Heir.

Qyburn too, if he counts as a minor character.

Archived