TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

:rofl: Never watched that show before, but that is a funny clip.

Well it seems whatever has been going around on TTTNE got here somehow. I'm not terrible yet, but last winter taught me not to take these things for granted.

Get well soon HC. :cheers: 

And well, I can’t decide if I want to tune in for cxg s4. I mean it can’t be worse than reign. Which is something Preston jacobs should watch just so he could take it apart. That show has unlimited potential for being taken apart. The plot has more holes than a slice of ementaler. It’s truly ridiculous. 

And at least cxg doesn’t take itself too seriously (most of the time... I guess. My main issue was always that I can’t decide if it’s serious or ironic or ironic about being ironic or whatever its deal is). And maybe Reign doesn’t either, but even if that’s the case, it doesn’t work well in a historical setting. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Get well soon HC. :cheers: 

And well, I can’t decide if I want to tune in for cxg s4. I mean it can’t be worse than reign. Which is something Preston jacobs should watch just so he could take it apart. That show has unlimited potential for being taken apart. The plot has more holes than a slice of ementaler. It’s truly ridiculous. 

And at least cxg doesn’t take itself too seriously (most of the time... I guess. My main issue was always that I can’t decide if it’s serious or ironic or ironic about being ironic or whatever its deal is). And maybe Reign doesn’t either, but even if that’s the case, it doesn’t work well in a historical setting. 

After seeing all of the available seasons more than once, I am pretty sure I can say it is almost all ironic. Only a few parts are meant to be taken seriously (which makes them stand out so much more).

56 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

After seeing all of the available seasons more than once, I am pretty sure I can say it is almost all ironic. Only a few parts are meant to be taken seriously (which makes them stand out so much more).

I guess that’s a plus. And I guess I will check the new season out because there just isn’t anything better on the plate. 

It seems like the same must be true for Reign too. A time

Spoiler

At which the sister of the archduke of Bohemia literally fell out of a window and met her maker while getting at it with the king of France. 

Came when I actually googled if Reign was a parody and an ancient The Atlantic article confirmed that all it aims to be is silly and funny with a modern twist (and maybe a mean girls version of and a middle finger to historical shows that take themselves seriously). I still don’t see the production value though. I watched, rewatched and loved Spartacus which is just as over the top in terms of believability and reality, but somehow Spartacus still managed to convey messages through complex and compelling characters. And Reign isn’t particularly funny to merely live on a light and parodic style. 

5 hours ago, alostsister said:

My song for this thread ;) ... other than the Lambchop song

I’m glad my baby isn’t able to click on this, she needs no more encouragement to like Adele, we discovered it completely by accident when my fiancée put the radio on in the car a few months ago.

To be fair to her though she does have a very good voice (Adele not my daughter-yet anyway!)

On 10/9/2018 at 9:39 PM, Lord Sidious said:

I’m glad my baby isn’t able to click on this, she needs no more encouragement to like Adele, we discovered it completely by accident when my fiancée put the radio on in the car a few months ago.

To be fair to her though she does have a very good voice (Adele not my daughter-yet anyway!)

You don't want her to be

Adelecate

child?

15 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

You don't want her to be

Adelecate

child?

That was terrible :P. She’s not as interested in Adele at the moment, I’ve been practicing Pyramid Song on the piano and she’s really feeling it, the apple didn’t fall as far from the tree as I thought :D.

On 10/10/2018 at 10:43 PM, ab aeterno said:

You don't want her to be

Adelecate

child?

You should be ashamed.

The barista this morning gave me an extra shot of espresso in my coffee for free because “flower, you look ready to drop.” 

Thanks, I guess? :lol:

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You should be ashamed.

The barista this morning gave me an extra shot of espresso in my coffee for free because “flower, you look ready to drop.” 

mmm espresso nicie!

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You should be ashamed.

Do you need a hug?, I don’t give them out often so be grateful :grouphug:.

I’ve dialled back on having so many coffees from shops, we bought a big coffee machine for the kitchen a while back and I’ve vowed I’m going to use it, and have been a bit.

Although I do still like to go for coffee with some of the other mums and their babies after the baby group- yes I’ve become one of those people.

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Do you need a hug?, I don’t give them out often so be grateful :grouphug:.

I’ve dialled back on having so many coffees from shops, we bought a big coffee machine for the kitchen a while back and I’ve vowed I’m going to use it, and have been a bit.

Although I do still like to go for coffee with some of the other mums and their babies after the baby group- yes I’ve become one of those people.

Thanks! I'm okay actually, just tired and struggling with mental and physical health issues, but determined to get past them and succeed with my course. Definitely committed to this career path now, and I'm taking advantage of any and all opportunities that the uni offer me this time around. Anything to pad out my CV, to give me talking points in interviews etc.

I mostly make my own coffee on a morning and take it in a flask but I had been running late that day so I called in to buy one from a coffee shop. I do like to go out for coffee as a treat with friends from time to time but like you I mostly make mine at home.

Speaking of commitment, I just left the library at 9:30 on a Friday evening. Third week in a row. Does this say something about my lack of social life? If so, I find don't really care :dunno:

That's nice that you've got the other mums and their babies that you can meet up with. I mean, I have no experience raising a child but it's always nice to be able to talk to other people who understand what you are currently experiencing. 

How is our future ruler? I'm very glad you are enjoying motherhood by the way.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Whyyyyy wont the amplifiers shut up? We had such a beautifully quiet couple weeks. .. Why can’t we sleep? 

Oh I can totally relate to that annoying feeling, when it happens... I use earplugs, but with beating sounds it doesn't help much

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Thanks! I'm okay actually, just tired and struggling with mental and physical health issues, but determined to get past them and succeed with my course. Definitely committed to this career path now, and I'm taking advantage of any and all opportunities that the uni offer me this time around. Anything to pad out my CV, to give me talking points in interviews etc.

I mostly make my own coffee on a morning and take it in a flask but I had been running late that day so I called in to buy one from a coffee shop. I do like to go out for coffee as a treat with friends from time to time but like you I mostly make mine at home.

Speaking of commitment, I just left the library at 9:30 on a Friday evening. Third week in a row. Does this say something about my lack of social life? If so, I find don't really care :dunno:

That's nice that you've got the other mums and their babies that you can meet up with. I mean, I have no experience raising a child but it's always nice to be able to talk to other people who understand what you are currently experiencing. 

How is our future ruler? I'm very glad you are enjoying motherhood by the way.

Yeah I know exactly how tough your course is, I went through similar if not identical and it does require a lot of commitment!.

I can also sympathise about the lack of social life, mine has taken quite a tumble since the arrival of the mini Sith, she is doing great by the way, babbling and talking and more worryingly crawling!, so I need eyes in the back of my head, she’s also been chilling with me when I’m practicing music and she loves it!, I have a feeling she’s going to be a musical child :D.

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh I can totally relate to that annoying feeling, when it happens... I use earplugs, but with beating sounds it doesn't help much

I ended up going to the other room to sleep. I was quite thankful for my fateful laziness that kept me from making that bed for three days so I could just fall into it at 1:30pm without having to mess too much. 

Archived