US Politics: Crossing that Ford

Fragile Bird

5 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

The governors of Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio and Vermont, who all serve in blue or swing states, called for the delay Wednesday or Thursday, according to The Associated Press. 

While the governors do not have a direct role in the confirmation process, their statements could pressure the Senate Judiciary Committee to delay a vote scheduled for Friday to move the confirmation out of the committee and toward a Senatewide vote.

Ah, we got em!  All of...one GOP senator that exists in those 5 states.  We'll get you Portman!  Even if you don't run again til 2022!

9 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

Oy, anyone know enough to know if the answer is in there?  Feels to me like it could go either way but that it's probably to confirm.  ETA:  And also just that they've all decided already?

Nope. It's also odd that Flake's name isn't there. No matter which way it is, I can't imagine him voting differently from all four of them.

However, my best guess is they're leaning towards voting no. If Collins and Murkowski were going to vote yes, there'd be no reason for them to make any sort of arrangement with Manchin and Donnelly. They proved with the tax cut bill that they are okay with having party-line votes on important things. On the other hand, if they were planning on voting no, they would want to make arrangements with the two Dems most likely to flip that they weren't going to; to make sure their no vote actually blocks things. They could also be ambitious and trying to recreate the old gang of 14 with just the four of them.

I just don't see the point of a voting block if the plan is vote yes. But who knows why senators do anything?

I absolutely hate this country. I fucking despise to the repbulican party to the point of hopin every repbulican senator there is and ever will be gets brain cancer.

This country is a fucking disgusting bigoted shit hole because of how white men who wont just fucking stop being pieces of fucking shit along with right wing white women that wont stop being pieces of shit either, and thanks to liberals wont grow the fuck up and stop being fucking spineless and worried about being civil with a putter of scumbags.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

After today Kavanaugh's approval is going to harden (no pun intended).  Put it at 45-40 against.  Anyone wanna take the over/under?  And I do think if he's over 45 in disapproval OR under 40 in approval he's done.  Harriet Miers had far less problems than this.  The only reason it's tolerated is the GOP is terrified of losing the Senate.  Which is pathetic.  It means they're scared about Tennessee and Texas.

I'm sure his approval will be about that. And I'm sure he'll be confirmed. 

1 minute ago, DMC said:

So...on the over/under you're at even?

I'd bet the under. I also think for most Republicans it doesn't matter. Their primary voting bloc cares most about scotus picks. That's why Trump got a lot of votes, and why they will or won't in their next elections. 

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

I'd bet the under. I also think for most Republicans it doesn't matter. Their primary voting bloc cares most about scotus picks. That's why Trump got a lot of votes, and why they will or won't in their next elections. 

Aye, I'd take the under.  We'll see, just trying to create some type of fun out of all this.

Archived