Thought on Theon Stark, The Hungry Wolf

Brandon Ice-Eyes

Link to his wiki: https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Theon_Stark

The Hungry Wolf

So from my point of view, he was a great king. Ruthless, Cruel and a brilliant commander - perfect for what house stark needed at the time. Yet I’m curious, what’s everyone opinion on him? A cruel tyrant who went way too overkill on the andals and left the north vulnerable with his attack on andalos and endless wars against the ironmen, andals, Vale and wildings or military genius who personified the ‘Ends justify the means.’

Leave your thoughts down below, Thanks. :)

42 minutes ago, LindsayLohan said:

A hard man for hard times.  The sort of old King of Winter that terrified his enemies and united his vassals.

Definitely. Grrm has really drilled in the saying that the kings of winter were hard men in hard times and he as you said certainly personified the saying :)

7 hours ago, Silver Bullet 1985 said:

I don't like him.  He is what Rickon will become.  The Hungry Wolf is too much like Jon, Arya, and what I predict Rickon will become.  

Honestly, I don’t think Jon is anything like the Hungry Wolf. Arya yes, and I certainly imagine Rickon becoming the new Hungry Wolf when he finally returns from Skagos. It’d be interesting to see Rickon try to come to terms with that after the Others have been defeated and the fighting is done.

13 hours ago, Silver Bullet 1985 said:

I don't like him.  He is what Rickon will become.  The Hungry Wolf is too much like Jon, Arya, and what I predict Rickon will become.  

Okay, you don't like Starks.  Got it.  Maybe you're right, though.  I for one would love to read about Rickon defending the North and driving off all threats and forces. 

3 hours ago, White Ravens said:

Okay, you don't like Starks.  Got it.  Maybe you're right, though.  I for one would love to read about Rickon defending the North and driving off all threats and forces. 

I'd just like Rickon to have a decent story, any story.  I find the Starks far more interesting than most other families - we've bonded! - so stowing him and Benjen away for 4.5 books while we get Quentyn Martell, etc., is just disappointing

It depends on who you like.  He's okay if you like the north and hate the Andals.  Theon Stark would make Roose Bolton look like the poster boy for the Humane Society.  Hungry wolf was an extremely savage brute.  He did what his people wanted him to do.  He kept the Andals out.  So if you can admire Vlad The Impaler because he pushed the muslims back frm his lands then I assume you can like Theon Stark.  He was Vlad The Impaler of the north.  I am sure those among us who like the Starks and their culture will have a positive opinion of this man.  

I don't find anything wrong with the north getting Andalized and the Old Gods getting supplanted by the Seven.  The north and their religion are a very blood and extremely savage culture.  The Andals are violent by our standards of today but they are far softer than the First Men.  The Seven is less savage than the human-sacrificing followers of the Old Gods.  Theon Stark is not admirable from my view point.  

Archived