Rant & Rave Season 8 [Spoilers]: When you are cool like a cucumber, as evil as the mother of madness, but never as perfect as the pet!

The Fattest Leech

1 hour ago, teej6 said:

1 hour ago, teej6 said:

Yeah I wouldn’t blame Dinklage... considering how awful the script is, he did a half decent job. 

Has there been anything from Dinklage since season 8 ended? Haven't seen him at any of the Comic Con events, haven't seen him make any statements; unlike a lot of the other main cast members who have publicly defended D+D and their shitty ending.

Unless I missed something, seems like he's the only major cast member who hasn't gone Mouth of Sauron on us. I can only imagine his private thoughts on reading this mess of a screenplay.

4 minutes ago, Darryk said:

Has there been anything from Dinklage since season 8 ended? Haven't seen him at any of the Comic Con events, haven't seen him make any statements; unlike a lot of the other main cast members who have publicly defended D+D and their shitty ending.

Unless I missed something, seems like he's the only major cast member who hasn't gone Mouth of Sauron on us. I can only imagine his private thoughts on reading this mess of a screenplay.

Yeah he’s noticeably silent. The guy is smart enough to know that the whole thing is a mess. I’m sure the others also realize that, but the difference with Dinklage is that he probably has more clout and does not care about keeping D&D or HBO happy.

16 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

I just checked, it's still down at the link. That's hilarious. They don't show up for Comic Con, then don't want anyone to see their rotten script.

When the going gets tough, they run and hide.

You remember that bit where Tywin's horse takes a dump on the floor, at the end of Season 2.

That was a subtle piece of foreshadowing of what D & D would do to the story in the final season.

On 8/2/2019 at 11:07 AM, Le Cygne said:

I just checked, it's still down at the link. That's hilarious. They don't show up for Comic Con, then don't want anyone to see their rotten script.

12 hours ago, SeanF said:

You remember that bit where Tywin's horse takes a dump on the floor, at the end of Season 2.

That was a subtle piece of foreshadowing of what D & D would do to the story in the final season.

10 hours ago, Darryk said:

They took the script down, it seems, LMAO!

Who is driving these constant cover ups, HBO or D+D? Are they seriously stupid enough to think this helps them?

So, the script is officially gone from the Emmy site, it is the only nominated script gone from the Emmy site, and we have no idea why?  Or should I say, we have no official reason why it is the lone missing piece.........of work, errr, shit?  Oh well, the whole situation is amusing, unlike a certain missing script. 

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

So, the script is officially gone from the Emmy site, it is the only nominated script gone from the Emmy site, and we have no idea why?  Or should I say, we have no official reason why it is the lone missing piece.........of work, errr, shit?  Oh well, the whole situation is amusing, unlike a certain missing script. 

What people should be asking the Emmy comitee is if the script doesn t have quality to be on their site how does it have quality to be nominated as best script? 

This whole situation is disgusting and people should be more concerned

40 minutes ago, divica said:

holly cow! HBO refused to air the inside the episode for the last episode. It seems there are proof...

Better late than never.  They should have fired these two gobshites years ago.

The more I think of Tyrion's "evil men" speech to Jon, the more I see it as a loathsome piece of sophistry.

Referencing Niemoller puts dead slave-dealers on a par with murdered Jews (and the Nazi symbolism was really ramped up during Dany's speech),

Oh, the scripts, the more you look the worse it gets, if that's even possible. I saved the Emmy-nominated ones (some winning!) before they had them pulled (yeah they pulled previous season ones, too)... and they are all just so atrocious.

They say someone is smart, so it must be true. They say, they don't show. (Ramsay is smart, who knew.) They make nonsensical pronouncements that have nothing to do with anything. They sound like 13 year old boys. They endlessly copy other works. 

And lots of repetition of common words, these are such bad scripts, there's no coherence, and not even basic mastery of the English language. Lots of the word fuck, and lots of times they just repeat themselves mindlessly:

• the most tense moment of her very tense life
  • the Night's Watch knows how to keep prisoners imprisoned
  • the power that moves them is powerless
  • she tries to convince Arya by simply telling the truth, but the truth is not very convincing
  • then he sees something, what they brought him to see
  • we begin to see what he's seeing
  • adding further pressure to an already pressurized situation
  • the envoys exchange glances and laugh, oh, how they laugh!
  • because he's human and it's a natural human reaction
  • his expression asks her what the hell she's doing here, but unfortunately this is a question her expression is incapable of answering
  • Wun-Wun runs forward... Wun-Wun run fast!
  • it tastes better than anything the dog has ever tasted
  • the single greatest headbutt in the history of filmed headbutts
  • a strange response but Tyrion has come to expect strange answers

Yes, these are actual quotes from the scripts.

Here's their go-to word:

• fuck this world
  • fuck it, why not
  • what the fuck do they do now?
  • fucking dragons
  • my tyranny's not ended, motherfucker
  • hurry the fuck out of the way
  • about fucking time
  • the Starks are fucked
  • Tyrion Lannister, motherfuckers
  • fucking punkass little shitburger
  • but fuck, he's not quitting
  • how the fuck did this happen?
  • how the fuck did he end up here?

And more eloquence:

• tastes like day old cock cheese
  • the downside of freedom
  • it is pleasantly uncomfortable
  • the throne [is] just a dumb bystander
  • the thing keeps coming
  • if this thing doesn't do what it's supposed to do
  • this won't sound good
  • they're quite good at ...
  • it's a pretty damn good feeling
  • because she's very smart
  • but he is smart
  • these smart, experienced people
  • a badass of the first order
  • some badass-looking ...

Someone excerpted these and many more bad screenwriting examples on twitter...

28 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, the scripts, the more you look the worse it gets, if that's even possible. I saved the Emmy-nominated ones (some winning!) before they had them pulled (yeah they pulled previous season ones, too)... and they are all just so atrocious.

They say someone is smart, so it must be true. They say, they don't show. (Ramsay is smart, who knew.) They make nonsensical pronouncements that have nothing to do with anything. They sound like 13 year old boys. They endlessly copy other works.

And lots of repetition of common words, these are such bad scripts, there's no coherence, and not even basic mastery of the English language. Lots of the word fuck, and lots of times they just repeat themselves mindlessly:

• she tries to convince Arya by simply telling the truth, but the truth is not very convincing

Apologists defend these by saying they are all in-jokes to the cast. I don't care. The bad jokes they keep making throughout the screenplays are indicative of their shoddy and a careless attitude as a whole toward writing this series, which in turn is reflected the clumsy storytelling.

12 hours ago, SeanF said:

The more I think of Tyrion's "evil men" speech to Jon, the more I see it as a loathsome piece of sophistry.

Referencing Niemoller puts dead slave-dealers on a par with murdered Jews (and the Nazi symbolism was really ramped up during Dany's speech),

Yes, it's outrageous and it's also really bad writing. They are woefully inconsistent, they can't manage to hold onto one coherent thought.

They said themes are for eighth grade book reports, so why get in over their heads and throw everything at the wall, just stick with boobs and violence.

She's Hitler, she's the US military, she's Satan, she's Jesus. She's everything but a person to them. They can only make up their mind about that one thing.

In the end, "these smart, experienced people plan a better future," and in the very next sentence Bronn the Bogus makes brothels the number one priority.

They end it with a cheesy triumphant montage, the pack separates forever and does the same thing they did in season 1, with zero progression.

Jon at the wall, Arya wandering around, Sandra coveting a tiara... So they are saying everything is awesome, so I guess brothels ARE the number one priority.

You can't actually make sense of any of it, that's the one takeaway from the whole thing. It's the biggest mess of nonsense ever. The end.

On 2 August 2019 at 4:07 PM, Le Cygne said:

The fact that they've kept out of view since the series ended speaks books.

If they'd delivered something good, they'd be turning up to every event.  In fact, even if they delivered something that was controversial, you'd expect them to be willing to explain it.

But, they know they gave us a turd sandwich.

5 hours ago, SeanF said:

The fact that they've kept out of view since the series ended speaks books.

If they'd delivered something good, they'd be turning up to every event.  In fact, even if they delivered something that was controversial, you'd expect them to be willing to explain it.

But, they know they gave us a turd sandwich.

Yeah, they know they can't defend it, that's the key thing. They're not willing to come out and defend any of their story decisions, because they simply couldn't be arsed. That's the most infuriating thing about all this.

I don't know whether they're good or bad writers; I know Benioff wrote 25th Hour which is highly rated; my problem is with their attitude. I could forgive someone for being a bad writer, I can't forgive them for having a lazy attitude toward the source material.

The cast members keep insisting D+D cared so much about it but I don't buy it, not when the screenplays are filled with so many examples of just plain sloppy writing. I mean how hard is it to double-check which surname is supposed to be given bastards born in King's Landing? (Gendry Rivers, frigging hell)

Again, I get that the cast doesn't want to openly criticise people they've worked with for 8 years, but at least don't insult our intelligence by trying to pretend everything is a-okay when your showrunners aren't even willing to show their faces.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:51 AM, Le Cygne said:

• his expression asks her what the hell she's doing here, but unfortunately this is a question her expression is incapable of answering
  • a strange response but Tyrion has come to expect strange answers

Here's their go-to word:

• fuck this world
  • fuck it, why not
  • what the fuck do they do now?
  • fucking dragons
  • my tyranny's not ended, motherfucker
  • hurry the fuck out of the way
  • about fucking time
  • the Starks are fucked
  • Tyrion Lannister, motherfuckers
  • fucking punkass little shitburger
  • but fuck, he's not quitting
  • how the fuck did this happen?
  • how the fuck did he end up here?

And more eloquence:

• tastes like day old cock cheese
  • the downside of freedom
  • it is pleasantly uncomfortable
  • the throne [is] just a dumb bystander
  • the thing keeps coming
  • if this thing doesn't do what it's supposed to do
  • this won't sound good
  • they're quite good at ...
  • it's a pretty damn good feeling
  • because she's very smart
  • but he is smart
  • these smart, experienced people
  • a badass of the first order
  • some badass-looking ...

LOL  Really, more scripts are missing? 

16 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

In terms of scripts, one nugget I remember from a Dragon video is "She's cute as a bug!" That's Jon Snow ogling Dany in season 7. Dany, meanwhile, is thinking "maybe he's not as dumb as he looks."

And: People have probably seen this already, but:

LOL  I'm only a couple minutes in, and I have to say, THANK YOU!!  I needed the laugh, for various reasons.

I am still both creeped out by, and love, those google eyes of Dany's. 

Archived