So, who is going to be the "youngest and most beautiful" queen that will replace Cersei?

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I agree she will marry Euron in the books that aren't written.  But, I'm not so sure he's more beautiful than her, LOL.  I still bank that Jamie kills her in the end, which is where the show seems to be going.  

Jaime could be the killer. It looks now like Jaime has deserted Brienne so we all expect him to return to Cersei who is threatened by dragons. The opposite will happen.

However, I'm not sure what exactly triggered Jaime to leave. He heard that they already killed one of the dragons. Maybe he's calculating that Cersei might still come out as a winner and crawls back. We'll see.

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I agree she will marry Euron in the books that aren't written.  But, I'm not so sure he's more beautiful than her, LOL.  I still bank that Jamie kills her in the end, which is where the show seems to be going.  

He's more beautiful than Robert, that's the curve ball! :D

I suppose Jaime could kill her in the show, but I don't see the motivation at this point. They're probably just gonna die a beautiful death together, those beautiful people... And if Euron gives her a stab or something before that, I'll be 100x more certain that Vic is actually the valonqar... in George's head.

2 hours ago, Red Dragon10 said:

I'm assuming The_Spanish_Inquisition was not referring to Brienne's physical beauty (or lackthereof) but to her inner beauty.  

That said, I don't think it's Brienne, either. 

Correct. I don’t think it’s necessarily physical beauty, or even Brienne’s inner beauty, but what Brienne means for Jaime and his casting Cersei aside for what Brienne represents to him and his arc

I don’t think it actually says it’s a queen either, just that she’ll be put aside for someone younger and more beautiful.

The only thing Cersei ever cared about besides her children was Jaime. He chose Brienne over her, even if neither of them realized it at the time. 

Or the whole thing could be junk, because it’s prophecy and we seem to be meant to misinterpret all of the prophecies so far. 

4 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

The only thing Cersei ever cared about besides her children was Jaime. He chose Brienne over her, even if neither of them realized it at the time. 

Or the whole thing could be junk, because it’s prophecy and we seem to be meant to misinterpret all of the prophecies so far. 

And power, which currently is the only thing she has left.

But yeah, prophecies seem to mean jack shit at this stage...

IIRC it doesn't have to be a "Queen", it just states "Someone younger, and more beautiful".

So assuming that they're women, I think we have a few options.

Margaery is dead so I don't think it was her.

It could be Dany. She's the most obvious of the bunch as someone who might make Cersei lose all she has dear, etc. 

Then there's Sansa. I don't see Sansa ever wanting to rule in the South but I don't think that's necessarily a requirement (being Queen, i mean). It could likely be her as she's been set up as Cersei's rival, one of her biggest, since she was a child. 

Can't see it being Yara or Brienne. Maybe it's Arya but I would put more weight on Arya being the Valonqar (though I still think that's Jaime.) 

And we're not especially sure if D&D an the writing will actually stick to any prophecies or whatnot. 

To me it seems like the "all you hold dear" part is significant.  If we assume that Cersei truly did hold her children dear then the younger, more beautiful queen would have to be responsible (in part) for their deaths.

Only one person fits the bill Margaery.  Joffrey was killed because Olenna didn't want him marrying Margaery.  Myrcella was killed in retaliation for Oberyn's death and he wouldn't have died if he hadn't participated in the trial by combat for Tyrion, who was accused of killing Joffrey.  So that ties back to Margaery.  Tommen killed himself because Cersei killed Margaery.

Now Cersei is still queen and Margaery is dead so that would seem to disqualify her.  But there are two events that could have, should have, cast Cersei down, the walk of shame and the burning of the Sept of Baelor.  Both happened because of Margaery.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:28 AM, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

I don’t think it actually says it’s a queen either, just that she’ll be put aside for someone younger and more beautiful.

Then why does the someone have to be a person. Why not an anthropomorphized thing, like people do with boats and cities and lands. Why not a new dawn on a fresh Westeros, finally free of all of the stupid noble families and their pathetic bickering - something young and beautiful for the people that remain to enjoy.

I was personally hoping the NK would deliver it but meh, if the characters are stupid enough to war to the death and deliver it themselves, same difference.

10 hours ago, ummester said:

Then why does the someone have to be a person. Why not an anthropomorphized thing, like people do with boats and cities and lands. Why not a new dawn on a fresh Westeros, finally free of all of the stupid noble families and their pathetic bickering - something young and beautiful for the people that remain to enjoy.

I was personally hoping the NK would deliver it but meh, if the characters are stupid enough to war to the death and deliver it themselves, same difference.

I'm 100% on board with this and will continue supporting NK delivering things.  

On 5/9/2019 at 6:23 AM, Bran the Shipper said:

To me it seems like the "all you hold dear" part is significant.  If we assume that Cersei truly did hold her children dear then the younger, more beautiful queen would have to be responsible (in part) for their deaths.

Only one person fits the bill Margaery.  Joffrey was killed because Olenna didn't want him marrying Margaery.  Myrcella was killed in retaliation for Oberyn's death and he wouldn't have died if he hadn't participated in the trial by combat for Tyrion, who was accused of killing Joffrey.  So that ties back to Margaery.  Tommen killed himself because Cersei killed Margaery.

Now Cersei is still queen and Margaery is dead so that would seem to disqualify her.  But there are two events that could have, should have, cast Cersei down, the walk of shame and the burning of the Sept of Baelor.  Both happened because of Margaery.

I also think Margaery fits best.

Cersei: When will I wed the prince?

Maggy: Never. You will wed the king.
Cersei: I will be queen, though?

Maggy: Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

The question Cersei makes is "Will the king and I have children?"

While she's married to the king she has these three children. The prophecy doesn't exclude children after that. In earlier seasons I thought that this prophecy is about her next child and she will die in childbirth. Valonqar as little brother could also mean the brother to those late children.

I'm probably wrong though...

Archived