Football: Brendan has the last laugh

Iskaral Pust

That was totally expected. Just glad we were able to come back this time and get a point. When Everton took the lead, I would have said game over because we are totally clueless whenever we have to chase a game - whatever composure we possess usually goes out the window in that situation and we become ragged. Also, Greenwood has been better than Martial of late. 

I guess Ferguson was trying to leave a mark with an eye to the permanent job, but that just looks like horrible man-management. You shouldn’t be burning a £30m asset when you are only an interim. Not even like Kean played too horribly.

You won't see many better single-half performances than De Bruyne there.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

That was totally expected. Just glad we were able to come back this time and get a point. When Everton took the lead, I would have said game over because we are totally clueless whenever we have to chase a game - whatever composure we possess usually goes out the window in that situation and we become ragged.

It was better than it has been coz we actually looked like we had a plan for it, but obviously we still clearly lack the players who can be creative and open up tight spaces.

KdB put on a masterclass that half. Arsenal players look like they've already given up.

8 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

It was better than it has been coz we actually looked like we had a plan for it, but obviously we still clearly lack the players who can be creative and open up tight spaces.

If we signed a couple of midfielders, we could have played a 4-3-3. Instead we are playing a 4-2-3-1 to cover for the shortage of midfielders and in that system the #10 is usually the creative lynchpin except we have Lingard, Pereira and Mata for that position, all of whom are completely wank. 

5 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

in that system the #10 is usually the creative lynchpin except we have Lingard, Pereira and Mata for that position, all of whom are completely wank. 

At this point I'd honestly rather we tried Rashford in that position with Greenwood and James left and right.

8 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

At this point I'd honestly rather we tried Rashford in that position with Greenwood and James left and right.

I really don't think that Rashford has the skills to play at #10. His distribution isn't that good so I don't see him troubling opposition defences from a deeper position. Don't think he'd be any different to Lingard i.e. he'll work hard and run around a lot. Honestly, given our shit options, I'd rather we take a risk and play Gomes in that position - he's an unknown quantity but our current options have proven themselves to be useless over an extended period. 

6 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

I really don't think that Rashford has the skills to play at #10. His distribution isn't that good so I don't see him troubling opposition defences from a deeper position.

I mean I'd rather we got someone else but Rashford can at least check on his right foot and slide a pass through, which he's better at from the left but in emergency situations he's got more creativity than Pereira, Mata or Lingard (I mean I like Lingard but he can't function as the creative player).

I have to say one thing Solskjaer has done well is pick which youths to advance and when so I have to think that given he looked a bit out of his depth when he did play a couple of games I trust he's got good reasons not to play Gomes. Same goes for Chong, who started the season with some hype but is patently not ready for the first team.

2 hours ago, Philokles said:

I guess Ferguson was trying to leave a mark with an eye to the permanent job, but that just looks like horrible man-management. You shouldn’t be burning a £30m asset when you are only an interim. Not even like Kean played too horribly.

Ferguson has been very clear he's not there for the permanent job.

If people, including but not limited to journalists started noticing, it would be great. 

50 minutes ago, Philokles said:

Just like how Solskjaer is going back to Molde.

There's a difference between Solskjaer initially saying he was gonna honour his contract before Molde encouraged him to make the play for the permanent job, and Big Dunc saying openly from the start that he doesn't feel he's got the experience and Everton should hire someone else as quickly as possible.

Archived