Weirdest crack ship in the fandom?

Alyn Oakenfist

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

2013 is not pre-abomination.

LOL  Tis true.  I really am doing a reread now, like RIGHT NOW, I'll see if I can come up with some crack for us. 

I'm kinda drawing a blank for this right now though.  I think abominations and Jonsa make me cross-eyed.  :P

Maybe I should just search out an old thread on Crack Ships to refresh my memory.

I miss the days when Gendry was fought over for the Stark Girls.  Sansa should forget who she is and marry a blacksmith after all, right? 

46 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Am I the only one that thinks half of these Sansa crack ship ideas (including Jonsa) really are thanks to the unmentionable abomination?

I'm not really sure. The one between Jon and the person he kills (Janos Slynt obviously, post-decapitation) clearly stems from there as there is no single textual or meta textual evidence for it what so ever in the books. Jonsa and Jonya however I think however come naturally to the sick minds of the internet. You have Jon Snow being a Targ, the Targ incest tradition, and you can guess were this is going.

9 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Where?  I'm talking about here.  I'm honestly curious to know if there were serious Jonsa fans here, on this forum posting such ideas on the book side before Sophie hit a certain age and Sansa's story went to WinterHELL, I mean Winterfell.   Well, sorta curious, LOL, not enough to run a search in all honesty.

It's the internet. If it can be though about there's fan-fics about it. The idea was probably always there, but I do agree that it is very possible that it only started with abomination 5.

9 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I still go with Jon and Satin.  After all, someone had to describe Satin's luxury locks, it doesn't mean Jon has designs on him. 

Honestly this is the weirdest one a lot of people are into including people like @Lord Varys

Just now, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I'm not really sure. The one between Jon and the person he kills (Janos Slynt obviously, post-decapitation) clearly stems from there as there is no single textual or meta textual evidence for it what so ever in the books. Jonsa and Jonya however I think however come naturally to the sick minds of the internet. You have Jon Snow being a Targ, the Targ incest tradition, and you can guess were this is going.

It's the internet. If it can be though about there's fan-fics about it. The idea was probably always there, but I do agree that it is very possible that it only started with abomination 5.

Honestly this is the weirdest one a lot of people are into including people like @Lord Varys

I know it's the internet, thanks for the help there.  I was still talking about the idea of Jonsa on THIS FORUM.  There is a difference between it and say, Tumblr? 

And, I am not INTO the idea of Jon and Satin.  I explicitly stated why I don't buy it, why I think it is a crack ship. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I explicitly stated why I don't buy it, why I think it is a crack ship. 

Of course it's a crack ship. I was just saying that unlike the other ones that are very uncommon here and only reserved for the dark pits of the internet, the Jon-Satin one seems to have a lot of traction on this forum. Like a couple of weeks ago someone said that since Jon doesn't jack off then he's gay. Like WTF mate? I just can't understand why so many people buy into it.

38 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

@Lady Fevre Dream There were some book Jonsa fans before season 6 of the abomination came out. There is even a meta analysis about Jon and Sansa that was created back in 2013 that, surprisingly enough, predicted some things before it happened. 

Honestly, the same can be said of Jon+Arya shippers, and even though they were shown to be incorrect via GRRM SSM’s and book text, they persisted. Jon and Sansa ain’t happening the same way Jon and Arya ain’t happening. There were an abundant amount of shippers that went so far as to count the seconds that the show characters supposedly stared at each other’s lips, even though the characters clarified they were not emoting a sexual attraction. That didn’t stop Jon+Sansa shippers either.

I gotta say, I trust GRRM words (in and out of book) far more than I do “meta’s” that are posting what they want to see because they say they set out reading to specifically look for those clues; if they were actual clues, we would all see them, not just a tiny amount of shippers. 

20 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I'm not really very much into that, I'm just considering an interesting possibility. It is something other people came up with. I'd find it an interesting Jon variation of the 'assisted mastubation lesbian sex' Dany got, i.e. Satin being the guy who helps Jon to become a human person again after his resurrection.

And this is something to consider in light of the fact that George really tries to include more LGBTIQ people into the books, starting with Jon Connington in ADwD, and continuing with the various gay people from TWoIaF and so on.

A while back (2016) there was a Crack Ship thread for fun. I mentioned Cersei and Euron, and I might have to stick with this for funsies (even though I think it could be more Euron and Dany now, fire with Fire either way :dunno:

14 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Of course it's a crack ship. I was just saying that unlike the other ones that are very uncommon here and only reserved for the dark pits of the internet, the Jon-Satin one seems to have a lot of traction on this forum. Like a couple of weeks ago someone said that since Jon doesn't jack off then he's gay. Like WTF mate? I just can't understand why so many people buy into it.

It's the same thing with good old Nedbert.  Surely you've heard of that one, right?  It cracks me up, but I do think it's a joke, somehow, I'm not certain on the joke part with Jon and Satin.  For me, Ned's descriptions of Robert (in his youth) and Jon's descriptions of Satin are because they happen to be the POV talking about them.  GRRM needs someone to describe them, right?  I think, hope, most people are joking about Nedbert, but and now I realize:

Is there a smoosh name for Jon and Satin?  I don't remember one, LOL 

2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

A while back (2016) there was a Crack Ship thread for fun. I mentioned Cersei and Euron, and I might have to stick with this for funsies (even though I think it could be more Euron and Dany now, fire with Fire either way :dunno:

I SWEAR..........the show's mangled my mind and turned everything into crack anyway. 

Perhaps that thread will refresh my memory on some of the OG Crack.  That or my reread.  :leer:

Ah ha.

Well, Unlikely Ships and Crack Ships........is that the same thing? 

See, I have a #LongShotShip:  Brienne and Ser Hyle Hunt.  As an epilogue, maybe?  I wouldn't call that a crack ship though.  It has some textual basis.  That to me is the difference.  A crack ship is out of nowhere, and a long shot is already some sort of a textual possibility or set up. 

15 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Well Euron and Cersei is a possibility. If we go by Damphair's vision his woman is one of 3 candidates: Dany, Cersei and Mel. Now Mel and Dany are the ones that fit best (the whole fire thing) but they are both very improbable. So that kind leaves only Cersei, which does make sense given that Cersei will be ousted from the IT by FAegon and will be willing to do whatever it takes to try and win it back.

For what it is worth, the the whole Jon-Arya thing essentially only started when that blasted original outline got leaked, prior to that this was stuff pretty much everybody ignored. And what I can say for Jon-Sansa is that this, too, started to become popular only around the time Sansa and Jon started to interact in the show.

But I don't really care much about shipping nonsense, anyway, so I don't keep track of stuff like that.

Euron-Cersei is something I've been predicting for a very long time, though, but not because it is a very interesting 'romantic prospect' but because it is the obvious way to combine to villain stories and keep them both relevant as the books approch the ending.

I think I've first put that forth long before ADwD since even back then it was unlikely that Euron could ever get Daenerys, and it was always obvious that Euron was created to be a terrible menace rather than some weird side character - up until the Foresaken very few people wanted to consider that he was serious. Just as, one imagines, today many people don't think Darkstar is very impressive or dangerous.

Hot Pie and Lady Stone Heart; Need i say more.  Do i have to explain how his love of the perfect pie will LOVE back into her cold rotten leaking heart? 

It would be the most magical thing about Sad Season of Facts of Life that it this story is. I can just see it now That Fat little duder sweatin away over a fire working his pudgy little fingers to death, and Her Molding Majesty out in yard just Hangin the shit out of some Frey's heck mabye she has a few roasting on an open fire just for the little critters of the woods. They could be like a Proper Tom and Goldie. Would be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Robb/Theon really threw me when I came across it.

I admit to wanting to read Dany/Stannis because I think it'd be hilarious.

The Jon/Satin thing reads more the prettiest guy in prison situation and that Jon's really struggling with celibacy.

And people do incest crack ships because GRRM writes about incest ALL THE TIME. No one expected Ron and Ginny because Rowling doesn't write that.

Archived