Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn

On 4/5/2020 at 1:03 PM, Bowen Marsh said:

Azor Ahai is an Eastern legend.  This AA was a leader of  people during the long night.  He was never in the west.  Mellisandre will fail in her mission to sell him to the north of Westeros.  I saw a movie called At Play in the Fields of the Lord.  It is about protestant christian missionaries attempting to bring Jesus to an isolated tribe in the Amazon.  A wiser man is the Catholic priest who said "Christ will never be accepted here. A pale man from a desert country where it never rains".  Totally different setting from the rainforest.  The tribe could never understand.  Will never understand.  I think it's the same case with Mellisandre and the followers of the Old Gods.  AA comes from a far away land with different realities.  A handful of other heroes will use those candles in westeros if they are really swords.  It won't be AA.  AA will face her battles in the east and will not arrive in westeros until after the end of winter.  

The wildings will run her out of the North if she tried to sell them that story.  Jon is not AA.  He's the Night's King reborn. 

8 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

The prophecy is clear on the fact that Azor Ahai will wake dragons from stone.  Daenerys has done that.  She is Azor Ahai. 

Nothing about this multi-thousand-year-old prophecy is "clear".  When Melisandre went on and on about Azor Ahai in A Clash of Kings, dragons were not mentioned.  "Waking dragons from stone" wasn't mentioned until A Storm of Swords.  Is this because George Martin gardened the dragon part of the prophecy into the story later on, or because Melisandre keeps desperately changing the prophecy as it fits her purposes to "prove" that Stannis is Azor Ahai?  We don't know, but it sure isn't clear.

Personally, I think "the prince that was promised" is real: it is a more recent prophecy stated by reputable sources (the Ghost of High Heart seems legit).  Azor Ahai is an ancient legend that has been changed so many times over the years that we don't know what the "real" story is, or if he even existed.  I don't think he did, and I don't think there will be an Azor Ahai Reborn in this story.  I think the purpose of Azor Ahai's inclusion in the story is for Benerro, Melisandre, etc. to desperately look for their prophesied hero and these prophesied heroes get a superiority complex as a result (it already happened for Stannis, and it may happen for Daenerys and/or Jon Snow too if they eventually believe it).

According to legend, Azor Ahai murdered his wife to make a flaming sword (and dragons were not part of that legend).  Azor Ahai is not a good guy.  Daenerys Targaryen performed human sacrifices to resurrect fire-demon weapons of mass destruction to bring fire and blood to the world.  I doubt Dany will stand as a hero when the story is over.  Dany being Azor Ahai Reborn would not be a good thing... but it doesn't matter, because I don't think she (or anybody else) is.

On 1/7/2024 at 11:19 PM, Quoth the raven, said:

The wildings will run her out of the North if she tried to sell them that story.  Jon is not AA.  He's the Night's King reborn. 

The Night’s King or worse. The Commander who opens the gate to Westeros and lets the Others pass. I think Jon will turn coat again and unleash cold hell on Westeros. 

On 1/13/2024 at 6:13 PM, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

The prophecy is clear on the fact that Azor Ahai will wake dragons from stone.  Daenerys has done that.  She is Azor Ahai. 

Mel said that someone's AA, so that must be true. Of course she said that it's Stannis but she was wrong there, unless she wasn't and he is. She wasn't wrong when she said that someone must be AA though, because she wouldn't be wrong about that. It was Prophesized.