Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn

12 hours ago, The Gizzard of Oz said:

Qaithe pretty much tells Dany.  She's guiding to where Dany will learn who she is, Azor Ahai.  I don't think Dany will buy into it just from some dusty scrolls.  Qaithe is showing Dany who she is.  To go East to see Asshai.  The once great city of the great Empire of the dawn. 

Dany wants to focus her time in Meereen to emancipate the peninsula and end slavery.  I think she will be resistant to take on the role of Azor Ahai at first.  Leading the forces of Light against the forces of darkness is not in her radar yet.  She will come around and sail west at some point in the last book of the series. 

10 hours ago, The Gizzard of Oz said:

Qaithe will provide convincing proof in Asshai.  Dany will accept her Azor Ahai identity.  Add one more title to the many she already has. 

To my knowledge Dany is only person who had seen Qaithe. So there is a possibility that Q does not exist outside head of Dany. Or Q could be either some kind of illusion or she is created by Dany's imagination.

On 10/29/2023 at 9:33 AM, Loose Bolt said:

To my knowledge Dany is only person who had seen Qaithe. So there is a possibility that Q does not exist outside head of Dany. Or Q could be either some kind of illusion or she is created by Dany's imagination.

No. One of her blood riders told Quaithe not to touch Daenerys. 

8 hours ago, KingAerys_II said:

Daenerys is Lightbringer, Jon is Azor Ahai, it's the only thing that explains everything

Before the show runners did what they did a lot of folks here argued vociferously that Stannis was the Azor Ahai. 

On 10/29/2023 at 10:27 PM, chrisdaw said:

When the series is finished you will still be able to argue who was AA, Jon or Dany (or Rhaego or Jon and Dany's bastard), such will be the shared and scattered manner in which the prophecies will play out.

I don't think so.  Daenerys has already fulfilled the requirements and became Azor Ahai after the funeral of Khal Drogo. 

If Jon is anything he is the return of the Night's King. 

Rhaego was the innocent life who was the partial payment for and the price for the dragons to return. 

On 11/3/2023 at 2:21 PM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

I don't think so.  Daenerys has already fulfilled the requirements and became Azor Ahai after the funeral of Khal Drogo. 

If Jon is anything he is the return of the Night's King. 

Rhaego was the innocent life who was the partial payment for and the price for the dragons to return. 

Nothing has been fulfilled, fulfilling prophecies at the start of a story defeats their purpose as a literary device.

My opinion : No one is Azor Ahai, and no one is The Prince that Was Promised. My reasonings : I think GRRM won't have a clear answer to these prophecies. Nor do I think any of those in question will take up the mantle of these prophecies. Jon Snow won't even take guards around or moves into proper Lord Commanders's chambers, let alone be like "I am the prophesied one". Daenerys I am less sure about, but I can see her having some comment about being the Dragon and not needing such prophecies (she is pretty confident in herself as a "Dragon"). 

Now this does not mean I don't think some horrible atrocity won't happen iin the name of prophecy. That could happen, but no, I don't think we will see any of these prophecies come to fruition in any absolute way (i.e. some might call Daenerys and Jon these titles, but many also won't, and they won't line up perfectly with the prophecy, etc. etc.) 

On 10/28/2023 at 11:21 PM, The Gizzard of Oz said:

Qaithe will provide convincing proof in Asshai.  Dany will accept her Azor Ahai identity.  Add one more title to the many she already has. 

Daenerys Targaryen, the Rightful Heir to Westeros. The Queen of Westeros. The Azor Ahai.  Mother Of Dragons. The Stormborn. Khaleesi Of The Great Grass Sea. Ruler Of Meereen. The Dragon Who Will Mount the World.