Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yet another Arya !

Pictionary 77 - Meanwhile in Westeros...

Recommended Posts

I'm waiting for four more descriptions by now :-)

@Pebble thats Stubby Indeed you participated in all the bonus chains. However, I want to grant everyone the oppotunity to do a bonus chain when he/she requests it. You can do the final drawing of the chain you initiated; it can be interesting for you to discover how your intent was interpretated.

Everybody: there are two drawings and one description to do in the bonus chain! You still have about 48 hours, seize the opportunity to show your writting/drawing skills! First arrived first served! I won't start new bonus chains but if like Pebble you did everything, you will participate again in the chain where your previous participation is the oldest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

Thursday 7 May, 1900h GMT! (1100 if you live in Alaska, 1500 in NYC, 1600 in Buenos Aires, 2000 in Benin, Friday 0200 in India, Friday 0300 in Cambodia, Friday 0700 in New-Zealand, and still Thursday 1900 if you live in the International Space Station).

That is very detailed information about the deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

I'm waiting for four more descriptions by now :-)

@Pebble thats Stubby Indeed you participated in all the bonus chains. However, I want to grant everyone the oppotunity to do a bonus chain when he/she requests it. You can do the final drawing of the chain you initiated; it can be interesting for you to discover how your intent was interpretated.

Everybody: there are two drawings and one description to do in the bonus chain! You still have about 48 hours, seize the opportunity to show your writting/drawing skills! First arrived first served! I won't start new bonus chains but if like Pebble you did everything, you will participate again in the chain where your previous participation is the oldest.

I think sending somebody the chain they have already been in is weird. But you are the host, you decide. You might want to start closing the bonus chains since this is also the final round of the main game.

Did I participate in all the bonus chains too?

Cannot wait for the result! :commie: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

That is very detailed information about the deadline.

I apologize to people from countries not mentioned in my list, and I'm still struggling to figure out what "Earth time" is it on the other planets.

 

@Buckwheat I think it's less weird in a bonus chain than in a main chain, since bonus chains are more dedidacted to fun. I wanted to make sure that everyone had until the finish line the opportunity to draw/write whenever he/she wants. Soooooo...fortunatelly this is not a democracy and I can decide that it's OK (while thinking that indeed you had a point).

Lesson learned/ tip for the next host: maybe we could grant less than 5 points per bonus, or give a limit of 15 points (if you do more than three bonus chains, you can't earn more points). And the initial sentences/drawing for the bonus chains could be, er...you will see but it turns out that it was not the best idea to get quickly crazy f*cked up evolutions.

Edited by Yet another Arya !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

I apologize to people from countries not mentioned in my list, and I'm still struggling to figure out what "Earth time" is it on the other planets.

I mean, did you even mention your own time zone? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I think sending somebody the chain they have already been in is weird. But you are the host, you decide. You might want to start closing the bonus chains since this is also the final round of the main game.

Did I participate in all the bonus chains too?

Cannot wait for the result! :commie: 

I'd have no idea I had been in this chain allready if I hadn't allready been told,  and given that I have been told I still don't know which one it could have been.

 

Also   Sentence.      serriously people I've been given a whole chapter.    oh and I see Rocksniffer has been in this chain.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

I think it's less weird in a bonus chain than in a main chain, since bonus chains are more dedidacted to fun. I wanted to make sure that everyone had until the finish line the opportunity to draw/write whenever he/she wants. Soooooo...fortunatelly this is not a democracy and I can decide that it's OK (while thinking that indeed you had a point).

Lesson learned/ tip for the next host: maybe we could grant less than 5 points per bonus, or give a limit of 15 points (if you do more than three bonus chains, you can't earn more points). And the initial sentences/drawing for the bonus chains could be, er...you will see but it turns out that it was not the best idea to get quickly crazy f*cked up evolutions.

Of course, completely your decision as host! Every host can make their own rules. :) I generally don't even include any scoring (too much work), and I don't know if there is an established rule for scoring or every host finds their own system.

Sometimes the host gives the starting sentences for bonus chains, sometimes the players.

4 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

I'd have no idea I had been in this chain allready if I hadn't allready been told,  and given that I have been told I still don't know which one it could have been.

Also   Sentence.      serriously people I've been given a whole chapter.    oh and I see Rocksniffer has been in this chain.....

Oh wow. Now I am really wondering what has been going on in this game.

I must say I just ignored a part of the drawing in my last description. I had no idea what half of the picture was supposed to represent, so I just described what I got, which made for a very short sentence.

ETA: Yes, whenever I see naked or half-naked people or Harry Potter in a chain, I just consider it Rocksniffer's job.

Edited by Buckwheat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thats the bonus done.

 

don't over think the points thing, and the more people in the bonus chains the better.  personally I'd not allow people to be in the same bonus chain unless it had sufficiently mutated or its an emergency to end the chain for the reveal.   or I just effed up and sent the wrong thing out.

there is a balance between new chains and making the ones you have longer, normally dictated by how much time is left.

 

my suggestion going forward is to not send out sentences to be drawn unless you are sure the recipicant can get them back quickly so you can end them all on sentences.   but your the boss.  so play it how you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow a lot happened here. 
my two cents:

as a player I don’t have anything against being in the same bonus chain twice, but I do agree it’s advisable to cap bonus points - it’ll control the number of bonus chains needed. I also think it’s okay to not give points for the bonus round if someone doesn’t send it in by the agreed deadline. I loved that YaA recommended deadlines for my bonus drawings which were flexible enough while still providing structure. 

I do love the scoring system, it motivates me to not procrastinate drawing and a mild competition is always a fun element. 
 

and with that I think I’m done. All rounds, bonus and main game, completed, looking  forward to results *.* 

 

 

Edited by RhaenysBee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Also   Sentence.      serriously people I've been given a whole chapter.    oh and I see Rocksniffer has been in this chain.....

I'll bet that was mine. I got a beautiful picture that was so full of gorgeous detail it took a sentence 6 lines long to include it all(and the 'sniffer pooch was in it). Arya asked me to condense the sentence, so I did a version half as long, but I think she sent both?

Edited by honeyed chicken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

I'll bet that was mine. I got a beautiful picture that was so full of gorgeous detail it took a sentence 6 lines long to include it all(and the 'sniffer pooch was in it). Arya asked me to condense the sentence, so I did a version half as long, but I think she sent both?

Well that may or may not be yours.   I only got one version.

 

One hint of irrelevant detail is describing what colour and type of clothes someone is wearing.        Unless it's important to the picture.   It's often better to sum up the gist than to give a police statement.  It's also more fun for the next person who can then use their  imagination and creativity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like if colours are mentioned, I mean you don't need to mention every colour, but if some detail is of an interesting or unusual colour, that might be relevant. I also generally just like looking at colourful pictures more than black-and-white ones, at least coloured details are nice.

But of course every details from the picture is not always important. If you feel your sentence is too long when you write "a person in scrubs, a stethoscope around their neck and a syringe in their hand", then you should probably just write "a doctor" (made up example).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I like if colours are mentioned, I mean you don't need to mention every colour, but if some detail is of an interesting or unusual colour, that might be relevant. I also generally just like looking at colourful pictures more than black-and-white ones, at least coloured details are nice.

But of course every details from the picture is not always important. If you feel your sentence is too long when you write "a person in scrubs, a stethoscope around their neck and a syringe in their hand", then you should probably just write "a doctor" (made up example).

This is what I ment above.  Some details are important to the overall picture.  And some make the sentence too long, restrictive and unwieldy.    You don't have to e

Mention everything exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eenteresting. The last sentence I was given to draw could have been a third as long and conveyed essentially the same information. I guess it'll be interesting to see how mine compares to the original picture. And: Rocksniffer was in that, too, somehow or other. This game is weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...bad dawgs are like bad pennies...we turn up everywhere

:smoking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time's up! I have all the descriptions!

First of all, thanks everybody for your participation, with a special thanks to @rocksniffer who kept alive the spirit of @The BlackBear (I hope he's doing well), and to @Jez Bell and @Eternally_His, who had extra sentence/drawing to do in order to catch up my mistakes!

Regarding the Famous Pointless Ranking (FPR), I will soon display a table of the results including bonus chains, and with a sub-total without the bonus chains.

And as a tip for next hosts, indeed the bonus chains are more relevant if 1) we grand less points per description than per drawing, 2) we have a limit of points to be granted (even if people can participate in a lot of chains).

You raised interesting points about how we should depict a drawing. I think the game-changing criteria are over-simplification (the shorter sentences are, the larger room for imagination is) and over-interpretation (a drawing not perfectly clear allows to understand it differently, with more or less good faith...which is still fair play!).

But I guess you're eager to find out how your sentences were twisted by devious minds...So there is a list of start and end sentences all mixed up. Enjoy!

And since all start sentences begin by "meanwhile in Westeros", I deleted these words.

Spoiler

Rocksniffer is peeing down from the Wall on a nest of chickens, which are later offered him as a sandwich.

 

The Long Night is postponed, while the White Walkers sulk in self Isolation.

 

The Hound's chicken farm has joined forces with Davos' onion plantation to become the world's first fast food joint which specializes in fried chicken and onion rings.

 

A devilish red haired man with a chicken plaque hanging on the wall above him, hands a poisoned cocktail to a man with an eagle plaque on his wall.

 

A bearded man regrets having his braid cut off.

 

Wun-Wun and Shireen team up against the members of the Nights Watch in an impromptu snowball fight.

 

Arya and a robot ninja fall in love over their mutual hobby of killing people that had wronged them in some manner.

 

Hot Pie is living his dream of running a successful bakery.

 

The yellow, noseless and mouthless aliens, one naked and one in a blue and red space suit, dream of eating fish and horse heads.

 

A bored Qyburn uses his time in quarantine to tinker with his potions, when he discovers that just a whisper of wildfire significantly improves a dry martini, but one must be especially careful about shaking... or stirring.

 

Only the dragons are in quarantine.

 

A couple settles in for movie night at home and decide on a film where giant ants attack Disneyworld while the Hindenburg is used to try to stop the path of three dothraki screamers, but they are horrified to discover that they were actually watching the news.

 

Arya's liek "LOL THAT'S S000000000 KOSSINNA; WENSKUS SHOWED THAT'S BALONEY" and Septa's "BETTER WATCH IT GIRL YOU'RE S0000000000 NOT PARROTING STUF RIGHT".

 

Abe Lincon is looking out the 2nd story window of a house at a fire breathing direwolf roasting a plate of pasta when the back of Abe's head falls off and he falls backwards.

 

Jamie Lannister and Luke share hand loss tales and their love life choices.

 

Littlefinger tired of The Eyrie and decided to open a chain of coffee shops across the country from the Wall to Sunspear.

 

A stabbed boy snowbird and a girl snowbird hang out near a black castle from which a large brown bird is looking out from the roof.

 

The king is riding his mule in the sun hoping to kill the virus but Abe "frog-legs" Lincoln says "wash your hands you fool so everyone can go back to work!"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my guesses

 

Spoiler

The Hound's chicken farm has joined forces with Davos' onion plantation to become the world's first fast food joint which specializes in fried chicken and onion rings.

Rocksniffer is peeing down from the Wall on a nest of chickens, which are later offered him as a sandwich.

 Wun-Wun and Shireen team up against the members of the Nights Watch in an impromptu snowball fight.

A stabbed boy snowbird and a girl snowbird hang out near a black castle from which a large brown bird is looking out from the roof.

 The king is riding his mule in the sun hoping to kill the virus but Abe "frog-legs" Lincoln says "wash your hands you fool so everyone can go back to work!"

Abe Lincon is looking out the 2nd story window of a house at a fire breathing direwolf roasting a plate of pasta when the back of Abe's head falls off and he falls backwards.

 Hot Pie is living his dream of running a successful bakery.

Littlefinger tired of The Eyrie and decided to open a chain of coffee shops across the country from the Wall to Sunspear.

 A bored Qyburn uses his time in quarantine to tinker with his potions, when he discovers that just a whisper of wildfire significantly improves a dry martini, but one must be especially careful about shaking... or stirring.

A devilish red haired man with a chicken plaque hanging on the wall above him, hands a poisoned cocktail to a man with an eagle plaque on his wall.

 Arya's liek "LOL THAT'S S000000000 KOSSINNA; WENSKUS SHOWED THAT'S BALONEY" and Septa's "BETTER WATCH IT GIRL YOU'RE S0000000000 NOT PARROTING STUF RIGHT".

Arya and a robot ninja fall in love over their mutual hobby of killing people that had wronged them in some manner.

 The Long Night is postponed, while the White Walkers sulk in self Isolation.

Only the dragons are in quarantine.

 Jamie Lannister and Luke share hand loss tales and their love life choices.

A bearded man regrets having his braid cut off.

 A couple settles in for movie night at home and decide on a film where giant ants attack Disneyworld while the Hindenburg is used to try to stop the path of three dothraki screamers, but they are horrified to discover that they were actually watching the news.

The yellow, noseless and mouthless aliens, one naked and one in a blue and red space suit, dream of eating fish and horse heads.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...