Boarders writing a novel

Derfel Cadarn

On 1/6/2022 at 7:26 AM, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

@Lin Meili

Thanks. Will consider. (I thought about listing all the stories but feared readers would find it overwhelming and redundant since they can see the table of contents by clicking "look inside".)

Btw, would you, @Lord Patrek, @Derfel Cadarn, @Starkess@The Marquis de Leech, @C.T. Phipps, or @Gigei like a free copy?

Sorry, my plate is full and I don't usually read and review self-published works.

If you can't post on Reddit, I suggest that you keep an eye on who responds to posts on self-published titles. Those readers who appear quite enthusiastic, you might consider messaging them and offer them your anthology.

Best of luck! :)

6 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

Sorry, my plate is full and I don't usually read and review self-published works.

If you can't post on Reddit, I suggest that you keep an eye on who responds to posts on self-published titles. Those readers who appear quite enthusiastic, you might consider messaging them and offer them your anthology.

Best of luck! :)

I understand. Thanks for responding at least!

On 1/6/2022 at 6:26 AM, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

@Lin Meili

Thanks. Will consider. (I thought about listing all the stories but feared readers would find it overwhelming and redundant since they can see the table of contents by clicking "look inside".)

Btw, would you, @Lord Patrek, @Derfel Cadarn, @Starkess@The Marquis de Leech, @C.T. Phipps, or @Gigei like a free copy?

Sorry, missed this. I'm probably the wrong reader for this--I struggle with short stories and have been stuck halfway through a different anthology for something going on 3 years.

A few days ago I finished my third round of editing my book (originally I indented just 2 rounds but I saw room for more improvement). The book itself is definitively finished but not yet published. My book now clocks in at just over 53000 words. Now I need to work on the front cover art and the blurb/synopsis before converting it into an ebook/kindle ready for online sale. I will also print about 50 paperbacks in case anyone insists on reading it on paper.

When the book is published, I'll give the link.

3 hours ago, Ordos said:

A few days ago I finished my third round of editing my book (originally I indented just 2 rounds but I saw room for more improvement). The book itself is definitively finished but not yet published. My book now clocks in at just over 53000 words. Now I need to work on the front cover art and the blurb/synopsis before converting it into an ebook/kindle ready for online sale. I will also print about 50 paperbacks in case anyone insists on reading it on paper.

Congrats on finishkng; just bear in mind paperbacks can cost a bit of money, and 50k words isnt great calue for money.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:24 AM, Ordos said:

Congrats!

I actually sold a poem.  It was inspired by some video I watched about NASA converting electromagnetic signals from various planets in our solar system into audible sound waves.  Sounded like the eldritch screams of some body horror.  So i wrote a short 6 line poem called "If Planets Could Dream, They Would Be Nightmares."

To be published in a new Canadian SF poetry magazine Polar Starlight Magazine, some time this spring / first half of 2022.  Same publisher has a fiction magazine called Polar Borealis Magazine.

@Lin Meili

Any improvement in your relative's condition?

In other news, I finished a new short story titled "The Twelfth Traitor" and have started writing two more. The first is a sci-fi yarn I'm calling "A Girl Named Precious" and the second an interlude to Scotland's Heir we're calling "Where Our Lives Do Part", Scotland's Heir being a mix of King Arthur and George Buchanan's Rerum Scoticarum Historia as filtered through the gritty wars and politics of works like ASOIAF.

After that, its back to "The Wolf in Red" and "The Dragonslayer's Daughter".

Edited by The Grey Wolf Strikes Back