Mawr BINGO! The Final Debate, Rage Meets Nice!

Fragile Bird

10 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Wow. Biden is swindling America and has been swindling America for 40 years.

Not on my Bingo card.

The Republican party is playing footsie with a movement that thinks famous people are eating babies to extend their lives and Donald Trump is the hero come to save them (even though he totally wants to be one of the in-crowd baby eaters) and expose how all the liberal elites are evil.

The right has gone completely insane. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Republican party is playing footsie with a movement that thinks famous people are eating babies to extend their lives and Donald Trump is the hero come to save them (even though he totally wants to be one of the in-crowd baby eaters) and expose how all the liberal elites are evil.

That is insane.  Christopher Reeve died 16 years ago.

20 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sadly I sort of am/was one of these people. I guessing her speech is taped and has been vetted, but damn would it be funny if she was given the chance to do a live speech and just torched her family. Her body language does suggest that she's apart from her immediately family on her father's side. :dunno:

Projecting much, because you consider her hot(tish)?

If she were really opposed to that shitshow, she wouldn't have been on the speaker list. She would have backed out with something like, got a bad cold, thus could ot record a message or something.

Just now, A Horse Named Stranger said:

If she were really opposed to that shitshow, she wouldn't have been on the speaker list. She would have backed out with something like, got a bad cold, thus could ot record a message or something.

Her speech proved she is 100% Trump.

6 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Not even remotely. 

I was saying it would be funny if she had a live speaking slot and then just torched her family. You'd love it too.

22 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

They seem to forget things like this ;https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/04/politics/donald-trump-ghislaine-maxwell-axios/index.html

If it had been Biden, or Clinton doing this, it’d be taken as ironclad proof of them being satanists who eat children.

Also, You know for years I’ve heard Anti-SJWs screeching on how people like Anita Sharkeesian were reading to much into media to find offense. By basically saying creators biases can/do infect their art, and we should be aware of that.
They’re mostly silent or outward support of QAnon, which literally says monster’s inc was made to do a little wink and nod to the idea of famous people eating children.

According to Colbert, the rioting/ burning footage yesterday was from riots in... Spain. It's towards the end, after the 10.00 mark. I'm too lazy to fact-check, but assume he usually gets his facts right.

I only just saw a snippet of the closing ceremony of the RNC, where a tenor sings "Hallelujah", and now I imagine Cohen AND Jeff Buckley rotating in their graves. Ugh. I'll never be able to hear that song again without thinking of DT. Or any tenor, probably.

56 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I only just saw a snippet of the closing ceremony of the RNC, where a tenor sings "Hallelujah", and now I imagine Cohen AND Jeff Buckley rotating in their graves. Ugh. I'll never be able to hear that song again without thinking of DT. Or any tenor, probably.

Does anyone listen to the words of that song? What good message there is for Republicans or any political party I do not know.

7 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

It’s amazing how they love playing music without permission by artists they actually despise.

It's trolling 101. And it's what you get when a party's main purpose becomes taking its grievances out on those they hate.

Many artists have considered suing GOP politicians for using their music.  I can't think of one that's actually went through with it.  Probably because - at least at the presidential level - campaigns can afford a fairly insurmountable legal team compared to any individual artist.

Yeah, I'm sure they can get away with it, like... with everything else.

They even asked for permission!

a representative of the Cohen estate said the estate had “specifically declined” the convention’s request to use the song and was exploring its legal options.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2020-08-28/trump-hallelujah-leonard-cohen-rnc

So they used it twice, one time as a recording fro Shrek, the other time the live opera singer I mentioned.

As for the lyrics, eh, the title sounds mighty religious, plus it's a beloved classic, so...

Something to cheer us up - "Should we call theft 'blurring the lines of ownership'?"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/tweet-resurfaces-rnc-speaker-abby-johnson-saying-one-vote-per-household-1527630%3famp=1

So this woman says would literally make wives have less political power than their husbands.

And the right still holds her up high.

Next I’ll imagine making it illegal for women to property once more would be on the bracket.

Archived