US Politics - under the spell of The Count

Lykos

Looking at the county results, this country is really not sustainable as is. The urban/rural divide along with people fleeing small states spells nothing but disaster for the future, regardless of how this election turns out, made worse by the fact that the shrinking side refuses to admit science is real. Yeesh. 

6 minutes ago, Killjoybear said:

Kinda makes sense. Media is dominated by people dunking left and right on them. People making fun of their supporters and whatnot. At some point you just lean into it and decide to back people who hit back. 

But as always elections aren't about policy or good governance - they're first and foremost about feelings. And Trump makes a lot of people angry and that in turn makes them happy. Its exactly like @Disturber of Peace - they get off on it and are not apologetic. 

Still, long way to go. I'm amused that so far it has gone almost precisely like my recent predictions. 

Which is exactly what I wrote...

Can anyone find a website that has presidential results of Nebraska by congressional district?  CNN, DDHQ and NYT all don't seem to have it.  Which is ridiculous.

Because Biden winning NE-2 is looking pretty damn important.

Oddly, between the cable news nets I've been bouncing around, CNN has the best coverage.  (CNN, OAN, Newsy, Fox Business - haven't bothered with Fox or MSNBC.)  (These happen to be the channels within a few clicks of Fox Business, which is what I usually have my cable box on working from home unless I'm watching live non streaming sports.)  So good job for once. 

4 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Can anyone find a website that has presidential results of Nebraska by congressional district?  CNN, DDHQ and NYT all don't seem to have it.  Which is ridiculous.

Because Biden winning NE-2 is looking pretty damn important.

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/president/

Split votes on bottom right.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

It looks good in AZ, but NC is slipping big.

Looking like even if Biden does win the presidency, he'll have to deal with Mitch McConnell.  Which means fuckall is gonna get done and no judges ever. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It looks good in AZ, but NC is slipping big.

Actually looks like Biden may have a chance at a comeback in NC.  Still got a good amount of vote to count in Wake County and other Dem strongholds.

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Looking like even if Biden does win the presidency, he'll have to deal with Mitch McConnell.  Which means fuckall is gonna get done and no judges ever. 

Seems that Kornacki was indicating a lot of vote uncounted in NC still...particularly where there is opportunity to gain for Biden...

3 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

All I've seen is Dems look +1 between AZ, CO and AL. 

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Actually looks like Biden may have a chance at a comeback in NC.  Still got a good amount of vote to count in Wake County and other Dem strongholds.

He does have good odds to make gains, but it will be a bit. 

Also, you did not response to my generous financial offer. You may need it if this shit goes south again like it did four years ago.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

All I've seen is Dems look +1 between AZ, CO and AL. 

He does have good odds to make gains, but it will be a bit. 

Also, you did not response to my generous financial offer. You may need it if this shit goes south again like it did four years ago.

I'm very pessimistic about Cunningham.  But we'll see.  And who knows, maybe Montana or Iowa comes through?

Archived