NBA 2021

DireWolfSpirit

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

:lmao:

Disappointing that they walk it back there at the end.

I'm not sure what the better line was, saying his statement was less accurate than his FT% or implying that Kobe and Wade dragged his ass to four championships, because you can't deny the Wade one and go ahead and fight back against Kobe on the anniversary of his death. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm not sure what the better line was, saying his statement was less accurate than his FT% or implying that Kobe and Wade dragged his ass to four championships, because you can't deny the Wade one and go ahead and fight back against Kobe on the anniversary of his death. 

Also loved the mention of Shaq Fu in there! :lol: 

I thought it was hilarious.  Also somewhat surprisingly well-written.  And I liked the end as well, thought it was a nice touch and kept it classy.  

Spent two minutes looking up the Rep that introduced the resolution - Kera Birkeland.  She's a former beauty queen and high school basketball referee.  She actually got quoted back in 2016 for being an anti-Trump delegate at the RNC - and she said she was accosted by Trump supporters outside of the bathroom who called her names and said the Utah delegation should die.  Who knows if she's still anti-Trump - she was a Cruz supporter at the convention - but she was reported as a 33-year-old mother of five in 2016.  Which means she's almost certainly Mormon, so I guess it's possible she's still anti-Trump - even if she just got elected (in 2020).

Also, I like how this all started by Shaq saying Mitchell "doesn't have what it takes."  As a LOST aficionado, can't help but think of this:

Obviously, all Mitchell needs to do now is break up with Evangeline Lilly, get addicted to Vicodin, go back to the island, blow up a hydrogen bomb, kill evil incarnate, and die saving the world by putting back the Malevolent Cork of Destiny.  That'll prove his dad Shaq wrong!

:lmao:

Didn't see the game and Harden wasn't playing but the Nets lost despite almost scoring 150 points in regulation. I'm sure that the Wizards are better than their record suggests, but that isn't a point total I'd expect any team to score, even against the worst defending teams. Its an eye opener. I suppose it takes both teams as it'd usually be a high enough score to take your foot off the gas.

2 hours ago, Relic said:

Again, Nets need to trade Kyrie for parts

Personally, I like the suspense and spectacle of watching the Nets glass cannon either punch their way through or break apart. It seems more thrilling than a steady team giving it their best shot anyway.

7 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

Personally, I like the suspense and spectacle of watching the Nets glass cannon either punch their way through or break apart. It seems more thrilling than a steady team giving it their best shot anyway.

I mean, i guess it's amusing, but it's also a waste of maybe the second best player in the NBA in Durant. 

Why is Kyrie taking more shots than Durant? Shouldn't be that way. They need to trade Kyrie and invest in some D. Shump won't cut it. 

It just seems very odd that of all the star players that Durant could play with (and he had his pick), that he would choose Kyrie and Harden.  Durant is so good and so versatile that it really isn't hard to find a team that is both a great fit and could realistically win a title in the next couple years.  But instead he's in Brooklyn.

4 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Nets have given up over 400 (cumulative) pts, in thier last 3 games.

I keep hearing it said today that since they traded for Harden, statistically they have the best offense ever and the worst defense ever. Fun stuff. 

54 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I keep hearing it said today that since they traded for Harden, statistically they have the best offense ever and the worst defense ever. Fun stuff. 

:dunno:

They've barely had them on together. Someone's always out. It's not so much the addition of Harden as the loss of Allen though I guess. Can't blame Harden if he isn't even playing.

7 hours ago, Maithanet said:

It just seems very odd that of all the star players that Durant could play with (and he had his pick), that he would choose Kyrie and Harden.  Durant is so good and so versatile that it really isn't hard to find a team that is both a great fit and could realistically win a title in the next couple years.  But instead he's in Brooklyn.

You forgot DeAndre Jordan. At least Kyrie and Harden aren't obviously washed even if the fit doesn't seem great.

1 hour ago, Proudfeet said:

you forgot DeAndre Jordan. At least Kyrie and Harden aren't obviously washed even if the fit doesn't seem great.

Wouldn't really say I forgot him...  But yeah, there are only two non-durant players in Brooklyn who are above average.  Both those guys are only good on offense, and really only when they have the ball.  It's a bad, bad mix.

1 hour ago, Proudfeet said:

:dunno:

They've barely had them on together. Someone's always out. It's not so much the addition of Harden as the loss of Allen though I guess. Can't blame Harden if he isn't even playing.

Agree the sample size is too small. It's just funny that so far the problem everyone said they would have seems to be even worse than expected. They'll get better on the defensive side with time and I'm sure they'll try harder in the playoffs, but that doesn't change the fact that they're going to have problems locking teams down when shit gets tight.

5 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Wouldn't really say I forgot him...  But yeah, there are only two non-durant players in Brooklyn who are above average.  Both those guys are only good on offense, and really only when they have the ball.  It's a bad, bad mix.

I wouldn't say that. Harris is probably above average and Dinwiddie is a good player, though he is hurt. Also, Harden isn't the joke he was from a few seasons ago. He now grades out as a very good post defender among guards. Still, the team is way too top heavy. Count me on team trade Irving for depth and pieces that fit, though I doubt that happens before the offseason absent some kind of internal turmoil. 

28 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

That's not what I meant. He's a player that they chose to play with. Kyrie and/or Durant got Atkinson fired for not playing Jordan enough.

Then when the Harden trade came, its more complicated because we don't know what teams wanted and I can't be bothered to figure out the salary, but they parted with Allen, kept Harris, didn't get Wood while Cleveland and Detroit still has Drummond, McGee, Griffin and Plumlee on their rosters.

I don't think Cleveland needed Allen, and there was maybe an opportunity to get Wood or Plumlee, who they only needed because they were parting with Allen anyway. But it's just Jordan on the Nets now. :bang:

Archived