US Politics: 2 Fash 2 Impeach

Morpheus

Also in other news ... GoFundMe CEO in an Op-Ed arguing for more stimulus, money for PPE, and protections against evictions.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2021/02/11/gofundme-ceo-congress-pass-covid-relief-desperate-americans-column/4440425001/

We know their needs are both large and urgent because they tell us about them. Since March, an American has started a COVID-related fundraiser on GoFundMe every two minutes. It’s not something they do lightly. Asking for help is difficult. People do it when their needs are dire and they have nowhere else to turn. In fact, when the pandemic began, 1 in 3 fundraisers on GoFundMe were related to COVID-19, and the activity has persisted at an alarmingly high rate.

Their pleas have turned GoFundMe into a leading indicator of the biggest pandemic-related hardships. Even before the weekly jobless claims, the monthly unemployment numbers and the quarterly gross domestic product reports tell us the state of the economy, we at GoFundMe learn firsthand about the real struggles Americans face.

For those not convinced by the math suggesting the Lincoln Project was a waste of time (93 percent of Republicans voted for him), here's some news about how shitty of a group they are: Steve Schmidt quits Lincoln Project but defends anti-Trump group's finances | Republicans | The Guardian

Would the call for witnesses have happened if McConnell hadn't signaled he was going to acquit?  There's still not a lot of hope of getting the correct verdict, but now the inclusion of witness testimony makes those No votes coming look even worse, right?

7 minutes ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

For those not convinced by the math suggesting the Lincoln Project was a waste of time (93 percent of Republicans voted for him), here's some news about how shitty of a group they are: Steve Schmidt quits Lincoln Project but defends anti-Trump group's finances | Republicans | The Guardian

Interesting to learn about this and reflect on his appearance on Real Time last night.

6 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Would the call for witnesses have happened if McConnell hadn't signaled he was going to acquit?  There's still not a lot of hope of getting the correct verdict, but now the inclusion of witness testimony makes those No votes coming look even worse, right?

I think the news about the Trump/McCarthy phone last night was the likely event.

Next time Cruz and Graham are coaching the defense team:

LG: We need to call Pelosi. Harris. Hunter Biden.

Cruz: AOC! What did she know?!

vdV: That antifa guy!

Witness list defense team: 301 so far, including Schumer, Harris, Pelosi

What I suggested the whole damn time:

30 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Interesting to learn about this and reflect on his appearance on Real Time last night.

I haven't seen it yet--I'll have to see if HBO Max has the new one listed yet (it's always late). I wasn't planning on watching Real Time much anymore, but I just read he's on there--so that should be interesting.

1 minute ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

I haven't seen it yet--I'll have to see if HBO Max has the new one listed yet (it's always late). I wasn't planning on watching Real Time much anymore, but I just read he's on there--so that should be interesting.

I think they post it on Youtube.

4 minutes ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

Long story short is Maher in a self-aggrandize way proclaims that his show is one of the last that brings on the left and right and lets them debate and then baits Schmidt into saying what he wouldn't normally say on NBC. I sorta like Schmidt while disagreeing with him, but he let his asshole flag fly last night and it's funny that he's also catching this L. 

Archived