MLB 2021: The Shohei Must Go On*

kairparavel

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Yanks 13 in a row!  Bad mojo to mention it, counteracted by the bad mojo of 13.  An I doubling down or canceling out?!?

I was afraid to come on and jinx things so relieved that it’s on you now! Although I might’ve just counteracted the bad luck of 13 thing with this post. Fuck

Either way, they’re fun to watch again. Loving the aggressiveness on the base path. Dead last in stolen bases before the all-star break and first after. The big boys locked in right now and some fresh faces filling in nicely when needed. Good shit all around.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

The big boys locked in right now and some fresh faces filling in nicely when needed

I think this is the first time we've seen Stanton and Judge produce at an elite level, together, for such an extended period of time.

So here were the results from all Yankee minor league affiliates yesterday:

Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders: Cancelled vs. Buffalo Bisons

Double-A Somerset Patriots: Postponed at Bowie Baysox

High-A Hudson Valley Renegades: Postponed at Greensboro Grasshoppers

Low-A Tampa Tarpons: Postponed at Bradenton Marauders

Florida Complex League Yankees: Postponed at FCL Blue Jays

Climate change!

I consider myself a pretty diehard Cardinals fan and I've been absolutely shitting on this team all year. Up and down the roster, almost every player failed to meet their projections or were injured this season. More absolutely devastating blown games than any year since... 2006. It has not been a fun season to watch this team. As of about two weeks ago I routinely turned our one TV at my restaurant's bar over to any other live sport instead of the Cards. 

Of course the Padres and Reds completely collapse and leave the door open for this infuriating team. The second game against the Mets was a thriller. Mozeliak has steadfastly clung to his continued plan over the last decade has been to maybe, hopefully get 86 wins and sneak into the playoffs, but not go all out for a 100 win team. His high floor, low ceiling approach is incredibly profitable for the DeWitts. Two weeks ago, crabby fans like myself were ranting that this was finally the year that would expose this flawed plan, as the Cards are clearly an order of magnitude weaker than the actual playoff-built teams. Well here we are and our All Stars are acting like All Stars, and Lars Nootbaar stealing home runs in right. This team is fucking weird, man.

I'll try not to talk too much shit, then, when we end your 103 win Doyers season in one evening, Matt Adams style. Sorry, dude.

So apparently it’s the Yankees that insist on Gary catching on one knee, to be a better framer. I was wondering why the fuck Boone was allowing that. But with the tying run on 3rd, in the 9th inning, you might want to switch things up, no?

I also rather have Higashioka up in a clutch spot because he’s more likely to make contact in my eyes. But yeah, overall I’m sick of Gary too. Cole agrees with us.

Sanchez has somewhat redeemed himself at the plate, at least to the point he's a significantly better option than Higgy.  I can't deny he has a penchant for fucking up at the worst possible moments, but his defense isn't THAT bad.  Next year is his last year of arbitration.  I sincerely doubt the Yanks will extend him, but it's hard to see a better option for next year - internally it's Higgy or Donny Sands.  Maybe by 2023 Austin Wells will be ready...if he stays at catcher.

49 minutes ago, DMC said:

....I don't think Sanchez flubbing a pop up is why the Yankees lost today.

Probably not. But in the context of us shitting on him it was perfect timing. 

So Blue Jays have 3 of the 4 top fantasy hitters in the game this year. And 4 of the top 8. Pretty wild lineup, and they still may miss the playoffs.

Archived